8.6

1. SteveMasner
    Feb 9, 2005
    Since this game doesn't come out for 3 weeks and nobody has played it I can't understand how two people were able to rate it. Anyway, I haven't played it either and give it a 10 to balance the score out. Metacritic should be smart enough to not allow user voting until the game has actually shipped.
  2. CharlieF.
    Mar 10, 2005
    This franchise has come a long way since the days of Triple Play. The pitching in this game is second to none. It's so much more fun & challenging (but not too challenging) to strike someone out. It didn't take me very long to get the hang of the controls. I still have some work to do on my basestealing though. The dynasty mode looks so complex and deep that I'm afraid This franchise has come a long way since the days of Triple Play. The pitching in this game is second to none. It's so much more fun & challenging (but not too challenging) to strike someone out. It didn't take me very long to get the hang of the controls. I still have some work to do on my basestealing though. The dynasty mode looks so complex and deep that I'm afraid I'll never have the chance to enjoy the entire experience. Overall, a great game. It'll be sad to see the end of this franchise game. Expand
  3. RyanL.
    Mar 3, 2005
    This game is by far the best baseball videogame with little added features during gameplay from the Boonie bat flip to the shades of Eric Gagne a baseball game has never been so realistic.
  4. Jamie
    Jul 2, 2005
    great game- better than the rest- but there is once again NO OPTION TO CHOOSE SEASON LENGTH- 162 games is a lot of games to play just one season- maybe for the teenage gamer that does nothing else its not so bad - but i actually have to work and have some sort of life- i ended up buying espn 2k5 to play instead because of this reason alone.
  5. Steven
    Nov 3, 2005
    I love this game, I can't wait till 2006 comes out.
  6. Autobought
    Mar 7, 2005
    The only Baseball game you have to own.
  7. JakeC.
    Apr 12, 2005
    Its the best of all.
  8. NickR
    Apr 8, 2005
    I really enjoy this game. The graphics & the movement of the players are the best they've ever been for this game. And the new modes added this year are great.
  9. SkilerL.
    Aug 30, 2005
    mvp basball is a great game But iI want to know when MVP BASBALL 2006 is going to come out.
  10. SteveHeredia
    Apr 8, 2006
    I was never much of an MVP fan until I decided to try it after I found out this was the last installment. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this game. Good graphics, presentation and responsive controls. The only gripe would be the season-length and not being able to adjust. To top it off, if you have the classic rosters like I do, this game will never get old. (Up-to-dateI was never much of an MVP fan until I decided to try it after I found out this was the last installment. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this game. Good graphics, presentation and responsive controls. The only gripe would be the season-length and not being able to adjust. To top it off, if you have the classic rosters like I do, this game will never get old. (Up-to-date rosters are also available too....) Expand
  11. BillS.
    Feb 23, 2005
    The game is awesomw, so much better than last year, they kept the good and fixed the bad. 10/10
  12. Donkay
    Feb 24, 2005
    If u thought MVP 04 was awesome, wait till u play MVP 05. 05 blows 04 away by far. MLB 2K5? That game isn't even on the same level as MVP. The single player modes are great but the online play is the most fun and addicting part!
  13. Deesto
    Feb 28, 2005
    Load and save times are still abyssmal at times, intolerable at others, yet at times you may be wishing for auto-save while playing in things like Dynasty Mode, instead of having to go through multiple menus to save multiple aspects of your game (and _then_ sit and wait for load/save messages). MVP takes a nice page from the Madden line and adds mini-games for quickies, development, and Load and save times are still abyssmal at times, intolerable at others, yet at times you may be wishing for auto-save while playing in things like Dynasty Mode, instead of having to go through multiple menus to save multiple aspects of your game (and _then_ sit and wait for load/save messages). MVP takes a nice page from the Madden line and adds mini-games for quickies, development, and "MVP Points": the batting game is great fun and combines high-tech targets with a nostalgic reminder of home run derbies from the Triple Play series; the pitching mini-games are a great idea but poorly executed: imagine Tetris with colorless cubes thrown in here and there. Also a tad too much emphasis on a single team as a repeated theme that penetrates a great deal of the game. I don't recall quite as much emphasis placed on the Florida Marlins in the 2004 version of the game after they had won the World Series. Still, the depth and simulated realism has maintained its level of excellence from last year enough to make this game the watermark for this year's baseball crop. It will be interesting to see how other titles measure up and what twists are added in order to compete. Expand
  14. JulesS.
    Mar 28, 2005
    This is a graet game . Owner mode may get frustrating at times because I am always in dept but it is still a graet game. Much better that MLB 2006 and Major league baseball 2k5.
  15. ChristopherD.
    Apr 18, 2005
    Greatest baseball game ever, EA Sports just keeps on making these games better and better and for only 30 bucks, everyone should at least try out the game.
  16. ChuckC.
    Apr 18, 2005
    The only bad thing about this game is that there is a Red Sox's player on the cover, but other than that this is an absolutely amazing game and hard to stop playing once you get into it.
  17. MichelV.
    Apr 18, 2005
    The gameplay in MVP is the best of all the baseball games for PS2 in 2005. If the graphics were a little bit better, it would be the ultimate baseball game.
  18. ChristopherS.
    Apr 28, 2005
    Where do I start? First I guess, the game is smoother than last year and has some improvements however, I was annoyed from the beginning about the same sayings from the announcers as last year...lame. Secondly, not having the option to run a full season without managing the minors as well pretty much stinks in my opinion. I'm not a GM! Third, they don't have a lot of the rules Where do I start? First I guess, the game is smoother than last year and has some improvements however, I was annoyed from the beginning about the same sayings from the announcers as last year...lame. Secondly, not having the option to run a full season without managing the minors as well pretty much stinks in my opinion. I'm not a GM! Third, they don't have a lot of the rules correct. By this time in the MVP franchise, they should have it right. Like, you can't assume a double play...no errors on the relay throw. Stuff like that but there is more problems with the rules. Lastly, and by far the biggest annoyance to me is the fielding. I played through one season in Rookie mode and I won 140+ games with the Mariners of all teams and hit over 100 home runs with Adrian Beltre! Too much. Also threw 4 perfect games. Obviously I needed to move up but when I went to the pro level, the fielding is insane. You cannot possibly get your fielders in position for the balls even close to the computer. I just played a game where the opposing team scored 5 straight runs all because the fielders couldn't grab the balls that computer would get everytime even in rookie mode. To me, being a competitor, its not worth playing when the AI has significantly unfair advantages. I don't think I will buy the next title. I miss High Heat! Expand
  19. NateD.
    Apr 3, 2005
    Really Good Graphics and Game Play.
  20. KevinS.
    Jun 15, 2005
    It is the best baseball game out for the 2005 season . It has the best graphics and it only cost thirty dollars what more could you want?
  21. KenG.
    Jul 1, 2005
    This game is amazing. It has dominated my summer and I don't feel like I have wasted a day (I do other stuff too).
  22. BrandonC.
    Jul 17, 2005
    This game is very good! It has great gameplay and the dynasty is awesome! The only 2 downsides are that you always have to take care of your minor league teams and you cant be more than 1 team. Overall the game is tasty like billberries! Mmm. Billberries! So you should buy it now although mlb 2006 is better with a wider variety of playing modes! Happy Billberry day to all!
  23. KennyD.
    Jul 8, 2005
    This game is the best...You can play with legend ppl and make your own feilds...I recommend this game to anyone who is interested...
  24. BrianR.
    Feb 16, 2005
    This game is like the 2004 game but with so much more. Plus the Washington Nationals are in it and the BOSTON RED SOX enter the game as defending Champs. WOO-HOO!!!!!
  25. JackL.
    Feb 23, 2005
    Best Baseball franchise bar none!
  26. Seikosm
    Feb 24, 2005
    The best of last years is back, and the worst was left behind. New features such as minigames really add to the replay value. And lets not forget about a litte thing called Xbox Live which is now supported.
  27. MikelL.
    Mar 11, 2005
    Great game all around. it DOES lose 1 mark for no playoff/short-season option, and 1 mark for not having a "steroids on" switch.
  28. EvanK.
    Mar 28, 2005
    Last years game was great, but this one is much better. The mini games are a lot of fun, and the new owner mode with create a ballpark is great. Definitely a must buy if you like baseball or sports games.
  29. Mamadaddy
    May 22, 2005
    Awesome game.
  30. BrandonB
    Jun 21, 2005
    The game is awesome but it doesn't show how to hit,pitch, or field perfectly.
  31. MattJ.
    Jul 14, 2005
    The gameplay itself is awesome. But what moron wouldn't think to put the option of shortening the seasons. I work 40 hours a week and I can't possibly play that long of a season. It's very frustrating
  32. Trk
    Sep 19, 2005
    1 of the best games ive ever played it is definitely the best baseball game. The enhanced gamplay is what makes it good including mini games and owner mode this game is definately a 10.

1. The new material that EA has implemented is minimal at best, and most of the additions don't generate a lot of excitement. With that said, this is still the best-playing baseball game on the market. [March 2005, p.118]
  2. The bottom line is that if you're looking for a realistic and feature-rich baseball video game, you can't go wrong with MVP Baseball 2005.
    MVP retains the Gold Glove for controls, but the competition has made up ground. [Apr 2005, p.97]