NASCAR 07 PlayStation 2

8.9

1. Brett
    Sep 20, 2006
    Change in accelerator and brake controls left me scratching my head... I mean come on, trigger buttons? Good if yet grainy graphics. I hardly notice the "speed blur" so I can't expound on it more. This game does excel in one specific area - the actual racing. The car handling and the AI of the other cars is spot on. Now when you are in a tight pack of cars there is no feeling of Change in accelerator and brake controls left me scratching my head... I mean come on, trigger buttons? Good if yet grainy graphics. I hardly notice the "speed blur" so I can't expound on it more. This game does excel in one specific area - the actual racing. The car handling and the AI of the other cars is spot on. Now when you are in a tight pack of cars there is no feeling of helplessness as you lose control of your ride. In fact it feels like you think it must feel....incredible! I really would love some form of a replay mode. Overall a decent progression in the series, nothing mind blowing, but solid. Expand
  2. efebuluc
    Sep 16, 2006
    playing this game makes you feel like a red neck looser, even if you are the coolest and most sophisticated guy on earth, but then...why would you buy this game?...hmmm. interesting. year after year they come up with this thing and i decided to have a go at it this year. when i was playing it, i thought i was going blind and then i realized that it was the new "blur" effect that they useplaying this game makes you feel like a red neck looser, even if you are the coolest and most sophisticated guy on earth, but then...why would you buy this game?...hmmm. interesting. year after year they come up with this thing and i decided to have a go at it this year. when i was playing it, i thought i was going blind and then i realized that it was the new "blur" effect that they use to make you think you are going fast...it fails...you think you are going blind. however, there are lot of things here to keep somebody interested, the crashes are cool...im not gona kill myself trying to explain why i gave a nice 7 grade for this thing...rent it and play it, its not all that bad. Expand

1. Casual fans who own 06 may want to wait this one out until we get our first next generation offering as the subtle differences may not be enough to merit the purchase.
  2. Most fans will more then get their money out of it especially if you missed last year’s version, but otherwise you might need to decide if the enhancements are enough to purchase again.
  3. NASCAR 07 really does compile the best gameplay elements from the previous four years’ worth of their NASCAR franchise. While this would normally warrant a hands-down recommendation – especially releasing this close to the (apparent) end of the PS2’s lifespan – NASCAR 07’s technical glitches really deal a serious blow to the fun.