NASCAR 07 PlayStation 2

8.9

1. Brett
    Sep 20, 2006
    Change in accelerator and brake controls left me scratching my head... I mean come on, trigger buttons? Good if yet grainy graphics. I hardly notice the "speed blur" so I can't expound on it more. This game does excel in one specific area - the actual racing. The car handling and the AI of the other cars is spot on. Now when you are in a tight pack of cars there is no feeling of Change in accelerator and brake controls left me scratching my head... I mean come on, trigger buttons? Good if yet grainy graphics. I hardly notice the "speed blur" so I can't expound on it more. This game does excel in one specific area - the actual racing. The car handling and the AI of the other cars is spot on. Now when you are in a tight pack of cars there is no feeling of helplessness as you lose control of your ride. In fact it feels like you think it must feel....incredible! I really would love some form of a replay mode. Overall a decent progression in the series, nothing mind blowing, but solid. Expand

1. Casual fans who own 06 may want to wait this one out until we get our first next generation offering as the subtle differences may not be enough to merit the purchase.
  2. Most fans will more then get their money out of it especially if you missed last year’s version, but otherwise you might need to decide if the enhancements are enough to purchase again.
  3. NASCAR 07 really does compile the best gameplay elements from the previous four years’ worth of their NASCAR franchise. While this would normally warrant a hands-down recommendation – especially releasing this close to the (apparent) end of the PS2’s lifespan – NASCAR 07’s technical glitches really deal a serious blow to the fun.