8.5

1. R.Olson
    Jun 3, 2005
    Im addicted probably the best racing game out there next to 04' and 05'
  2. RyanM.
    Feb 13, 2003
    One of the best racing games I've ever played. The graphics are great, but you may have trouble in the beginning getting all the details straight. I first played this game over my friends house, and I loved it so much I went out and bought it the next day. A must buy! Great addictive racing game.
  3. ToriW.
    Jul 16, 2002
    This game is awesome if you know what your doing, but if not you really hate it!
  4. M.Ben
    Jun 29, 2002
    Fantastic for Nascar fans (career mode is truly addictive).
  5. AndrewB.
    Feb 13, 2002
    Real good for racing fans. So realistic.
  6. ScottB.
    Feb 6, 2002
    It's good, but why can't you race a full season in career mode. Why only 12 races, I want all 34 races in career mode then a 10 rating!!!
  7. ChrisN.
    Feb 4, 2002
    Graphics are great best I've seen in a nascar game. Better handling than crappy Nascar 4 for pc. And a lot better AI than Nascar 4.
  8. SamB.
    Jan 26, 2002
    I'd give it a 9.999999... on forever, 'cause it used some many Dale Earnhart records and had his # at the beginning...but he isn't in it!!! Other than that, it's perfect. The Car Creation is pretty in-depth. The Carrer and Sean modes are also great. The Graphics anywere in the game are so real it just blows you away. When I first put it in I couldn't get over the I'd give it a 9.999999... on forever, 'cause it used some many Dale Earnhart records and had his # at the beginning...but he isn't in it!!! Other than that, it's perfect. The Car Creation is pretty in-depth. The Carrer and Sean modes are also great. The Graphics anywere in the game are so real it just blows you away. When I first put it in I couldn't get over the graphics. Then when I played....man, I was KO'ed for the count. People who don't know anything about cars or racing can get mixed up with the menus and settings. I'm not the smartest car guy out there and I accidentally made my tire wear down all the way and poped my tires in the 1st lap. But it's a great game. I'd recommend this game to anyone at all ages. Expand
  9. CaseyS.
    Jan 4, 2002
    I got it and thought I was watching TV... Love ea sports.
  10. BubbaF.
    Jan 3, 2002
    Nascar Thunder kicks ass! The night I bought this game, I played it for 6 hours straight! I love it!
  11. DaveM.
    Dec 31, 2001
    You can create a car and there is all the updated cars too.
  12. Stevo
    Dec 15, 2001
    Best NASCAR sim yet.
  13. Jason
    Nov 30, 2001
    Best game ever made, most graphical nascar game.
  14. Jake
    Nov 28, 2001
    Best game with Busch drivers and new Dodges!!!
  15. JosueL.
    Nov 25, 2001
    This is a great game and if you don't like the music change it under the options mode MORON! Country Hick HA!
  16. BRIANF.
    Oct 23, 2001
    Easily the most fun NASCAR game ever made, on any platform! I had NASCAR Heat, but got rid of it after playing this. EA and Tiburon just cannot be beaten when it comes to sports titles!
    Oct 20, 2001
    Very good game, career mode sucks.
  18. TravisF.
    Oct 18, 2001
    This game is the best NASCAR game I hav ever played. I ecspecially love the Dodges. Its worth saving up money for.

1. What really lights my fire is the Career mode…Second on my list of great stuff is the sweet control. [Dec 2001, p.244]
  2. Makes enough nods to the uninitiated that it is an accessible game, but at the same time it retains the depth that diehard NASCAR fans demand.
  3. The game itself just needs more depth; they should have put the Thunder Cards in like the PlayStation version.