Naval Ops: Warship Gunner PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Jun 25, 2003
8.9

1. DavidS.
    Aug 9, 2003
    They have done their best.
  2. DonnieS.
    Oct 4, 2003
    It's an awesome game like no other game you will ever play!!!!!!
  3. JohnL.
    Jul 10, 2003
    I love this game...this is the best Naval game i think i have ever played!!
  4. MikeP.
    Jul 4, 2003
    My comment is this is so far the coolest navel war game that any company has come out with and i will stand behind it till another better game like it comes out.
  5. GarethL.
    Mar 14, 2004
    Great game! I just love it when one can build a ship how you want, then go out a blow everything else up with it, most satisfying, mabye they should re-release it with on-line capabilty so we can all have a mass brawl in the ocean! What fun that would be!
  6. DemetriusM.
    Mar 9, 2004
    I'm in the navy and I am always trying to find a navy game. This on just hit the spot. I just love the way I can put a ship together and kick some @$$ with my ship. I would love to see the US navy fight one of my ships.
  7. CassW.
    Apr 25, 2005
    This is my favorite game. Just the cover got me interseted in it.
  8. PaoloCatacutan
    Oct 6, 2009
    I agree, it was a great game. But it does have it's flaws, for one thing the graphics are a little lousy, the controls are somewhat hard to master and the challenges can be overwhelming. But it more than makes up for it by being stuffed with action, realistic war strategies, and a good store weaponry that's actually being built by scientists. But I personally recommend itsI agree, it was a great game. But it does have it's flaws, for one thing the graphics are a little lousy, the controls are somewhat hard to master and the challenges can be overwhelming. But it more than makes up for it by being stuffed with action, realistic war strategies, and a good store weaponry that's actually being built by scientists. But I personally recommend its "sequel" Warship Gunner 2, although it's controls will definitely throw you off your game with Warship Gunner 1. Expand
  9. ChristianB.
    Jun 27, 2003
    So many options, so little total tonnage. I love this game. Still waiting for my dream submarine game, but this'll do in the meantime.
  10. GregB.
    Jul 21, 2003
    Perfect for anyone who loves strategy with its combination of combat and design it feels more real. It doesn't get any better than this.
  11. JeanpauleP.
    Jul 21, 2003
    The abillity to build your own custom ship then blow everything up is definitely a must for those who like the creation factor.
  12. VincentC.
    Jul 30, 2003
    soooooooo cool~~~actually,you can't find a lot of navy sim in PS2~!
  13. Zach
    Aug 22, 2003
    The naval games are very sparse out there, so hard to judge by comparison, but this game is very fun. Design and build your ship how you want to, then take your creation and blow stuff up! I really like battles with lots of planes attacking and having all the ships firing there machine guns and filling up the skies with bullets, very cool looking.
  14. AlexP.
    Nov 16, 2003
    Great details on the ships,great gameplay,simple controls,music is on the weak side,but this is great anyway.
  15. SamK.
    Jul 13, 2003
    This game is awsome its graphics are great and it puts you in the actoin. A must buy for all navey game lovers.
  16. FrenchyD.
    Aug 25, 2003
    Though definitely a niche game, those who do get into it after picking it up will be hooked. Customization galore!
  17. AdamS.
    Sep 24, 2003
    It may be slow to some because of the buying and making your own ship but it isn't insanely long. For me, it only took about 10 minutes every other level. The action is fun too.

#77 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. I personally found that the mixing of a building and designing game with an arcade feel was a lot of fun, and one kind of broke the monotony of the other.
    It's a goofy mix that will surely turn off more players than it turns on, but I find the combination a compelling one. Just the simple fact that I've never played anything quite like Warship Gunner makes my jaded self happy.
  3. Cheat Code Central
    A good game for those that like to be in on the ground floor. It's unique in that you can build your own playable shooter, so to speak, but the gameplay is just average. Still, the combination of creation and shooter may be irresistible to some.