NBA Jam 2004 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 23, 2003
9.1

1. NickL.
    Oct 11, 2003
    I love it, and lebron james is a beast on this game.
  2. TwanDaGreatJuan
  4. UnKnOwN
    This game is top notch.
  5. DanK.
    Mar 12, 2004
    Did he really just do that? I can't believe it! BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!
  6. DaveJ.
    Oct 17, 2003
    Sweet, sweet, sweet. I could play all day and not get tired of whooping the other team.
  7. GeorgeF.
    Sep 28, 2003
    This game is great and no it isn't typical Acclaim.
  8. RozzaW.
    Jan 1, 2004
    What a game! From a easy 2 pointer to a massive monster jam. What else could you want?
  9. DamianD.
    Dec 3, 2003
    This game rulz!!
  10. TomC.
    Oct 28, 2003
    This game is great.
  11. Unknownlegend
    Nov 15, 2003
    It's a really tight game.
  12. MattM.
    Sep 27, 2003
    I feel that the entire setup and gameplay on NBA Jam 2004 are both fresh and rewarding. The points system allows you to either create a player or purchase new places to play, and of course to buy cheats. I will agree that it takes a myriad of points to create a PERFECT player, but shouldn't it? Anyways, the points give it replayability, the gameplay never lets up, and the commentary, I feel that the entire setup and gameplay on NBA Jam 2004 are both fresh and rewarding. The points system allows you to either create a player or purchase new places to play, and of course to buy cheats. I will agree that it takes a myriad of points to create a PERFECT player, but shouldn't it? Anyways, the points give it replayability, the gameplay never lets up, and the commentary, which is a major factor in buying it, is what you'd expect and remember. Expand
  13. DustinW.
    Sep 28, 2003
    I think this game was so awesome because i loved NBA Jam on super nintendo and it was so much like it but with so much better graphics. I believe this game could win the game of the year.
  14. Roy
    Sep 25, 2003
    Create a player stinks because you have too many options and not enough points so your baller is only like 5' 7". but gameplay is good.
  15. NickW.
    Dec 29, 2003
    Great game, but not as good as the originals.
  16. DwayneB.
    Sep 26, 2003
    This game is typical Acclaim.

#82 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. games(TM)
    The slightly clumsy controls and overly enthusiastic (read: nearly unbeatable) AI, plus with a new Hot Spot system that feels very random, makes the whole game feel rather lopsided and not much fun. [Dec 2003, p.125]
  2. As a nostalgia piece, this new iteration is a great 3D representation of the classic NBA Jam experience, but when compared with recent arcade basketball offerings, like the "NBA Street" series, it doesn't quite measure up.
    The resulting relaunched game is worthy of its weighty legacy. "NBA Street" has a better all-around arcade-style game, but if all you care about are big dunks and big points, NBA Jam will deliver you to highlight heaven.