NBA Live 06 PlayStation 2

7.1

1. Nov 18, 2015
    NBA Live 06 continues the tradition of a solid EA Sports basketball franchise. There are still some small issues to contend with, but the game is good enough to overshadow most of them. The Freestyle Superstars are a great addition to the gameplay, and online dunk contests will always be fun. It is another step forward for the NBA Live series. Now I can't wait to see what they do with aNBA Live 06 continues the tradition of a solid EA Sports basketball franchise. There are still some small issues to contend with, but the game is good enough to overshadow most of them. The Freestyle Superstars are a great addition to the gameplay, and online dunk contests will always be fun. It is another step forward for the NBA Live series. Now I can't wait to see what they do with a next gen system! Expand
  2. Feb 27, 2015
    The players seem disproportional and the game feels really arcadish. But I still had fun in this game! I wish dunking was easier in this game though, as getting a perfect score in the Dunk Contest is nearly impossible.
  3. Jan 3, 2011
    Great game with the only bad part being is that sometimes when you make the hoop it doesn't record the new basket for a point. Still very fun and I'd suggest it for any Basket-ball fan.
  4. SherrodC.
    Jul 6, 2006
    I agree. The gameplay is great, and playing the games are just as fun. Manager mode is pretty cool, too. Can't wait for the next game to be even better.
  5. AnonymousMC
    May 8, 2006
    all of u idiots that dont know how to back down ur centers in the post its the right analog stick. u hold it down and it backs him down. it works to for ur gaurds all u have to do hold down the right analog stick. Kobe Bryant is obviously underrated in the game.
  6. 06liveGreat
    Jan 21, 2006
    This game is great. People who said it sucks because they suck at the game, they don't know how to play the game!
  7. SMokeD.D.
    Dec 28, 2005
    EA has finally done it! They've have completed making the wrost BBALL Game ever. This game has no Defence, so unrealistic, you can easily score 130+ points and grab only 10 rebounds the entire game, even against the superstar mode com. Do those game makers even understand the Bastketball? Appearantly they only want to make the images pretty, with fancy unreal moves. I am so mad cuz I EA has finally done it! They've have completed making the wrost BBALL Game ever. This game has no Defence, so unrealistic, you can easily score 130+ points and grab only 10 rebounds the entire game, even against the superstar mode com. Do those game makers even understand the Bastketball? Appearantly they only want to make the images pretty, with fancy unreal moves. I am so mad cuz I bought the game and it will stay in a cardboard box in the garage for the rest of my life. Expand
  8. AhmadA.
    Dec 23, 2005
    its graphics and gameplay are very slower it should have improved from live 05 I rather enjoy playing Live 05.
  9. ZackB.
    Dec 3, 2005
    This game is great . like all-star weekend and new dunks. I wish i knew the whole bobcats roster. I don't have the game and it's great.
  10. JayB.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Live 05' was a better game, period. It was more fluid. The new so called freestyle play sucks, especially since you cant just back anybody down they way you used to, they should have left the controls alone.
  11. DarrellM.
    Oct 23, 2005
    This is the tightest nba live ever if you say it sucks you must suck at the game. Go to the slmam dunk contest with josh smith of atlanta start at the perimeter close to the out of bounds line gather with O and trick O you will do the mast awesomest dunk ever.
  12. LBC'YAclayton
    Oct 17, 2005
    This game just sucks, im a long time basketball enthusiast and this game takes away rather than add to the 06 series, i think 05 was much better, you cant back any of your big men down in the post. he already has to be set in the paint .. that is not full control.. keep the slam dunks realistic not fake. you may get 5 dunks in one game not 20.. this game really sucks. if you like an arcadeThis game just sucks, im a long time basketball enthusiast and this game takes away rather than add to the 06 series, i think 05 was much better, you cant back any of your big men down in the post. he already has to be set in the paint .. that is not full control.. keep the slam dunks realistic not fake. you may get 5 dunks in one game not 20.. this game really sucks. if you like an arcade feel than this is the game for you... I would suggeste getting nba 2k6 and its 10 dollars cheaper... Expand
  13. SeanF.
    Oct 7, 2005
    It is a beast of a game . best nba game by far.
  14. MikeB.
    Oct 6, 2005
    First off i cant find the right Press Box view like in '05. its fake how i can use D.Wade and jump over people in the key unwillingly. i cant block a shot for nothin cause my guy down low is always being pushed behind the back-board. When using Shaq he never holds his own on Defense cause the guy runs into him and Shaq keeps his hand up and the player gets a three-point play. Shq First off i cant find the right Press Box view like in '05. its fake how i can use D.Wade and jump over people in the key unwillingly. i cant block a shot for nothin cause my guy down low is always being pushed behind the back-board. When using Shaq he never holds his own on Defense cause the guy runs into him and Shaq keeps his hand up and the player gets a three-point play. Shq gets 5 fouls in the first half easy. Whack!!!!!! Defense down in the paint i give it a 2 out of 10. Expand
  15. NigelJ.
    Oct 6, 2005
    This is the best nba live there is! Those dummies that said it was whack, they wack as hell.
  16. CarlosM.
    Oct 2, 2005
    EA sports must have paid off IGN to recieve that good of a rating. Their writer is either high on EA or doesn't have a clue about basketball. If youre looking for a street style arcade you might as well play EA's NBA Street(by the way the first one is the best). But if youre looking for a realistic basketball game then shoot for NBA 2k6. I was in disbelief when i read IGN's EA sports must have paid off IGN to recieve that good of a rating. Their writer is either high on EA or doesn't have a clue about basketball. If youre looking for a street style arcade you might as well play EA's NBA Street(by the way the first one is the best). But if youre looking for a realistic basketball game then shoot for NBA 2k6. I was in disbelief when i read IGN's reviews of the games...while EA uses a gimmick Freestyle Superstars, that may be fun to watch but impossible to stop, 2k6 uses player and team tendencies. You can watch the Suns, amare and nash, use the pick and roll to destroy you, Marbury isolate constantly, the spurs and pistons playing stifling D and crashing the boards.The AI is much better in the game on offense and defense. Although it may take longer to get useto 2k's controls, its far more rewarding. Expand
  17. SteveP
    Sep 29, 2005
    The last good NBA Live game was on the PS1. EA never got it right on the PS2. After being continually disappointed by Live on PS2, EA will hopefully start fresh on the PS3 and get things right for the first time in 6 years. It would really be nice to play a fun and realistic basketball game. It's been awhile.
  18. RayH.
    Sep 28, 2005
    This game is so un realistic its streetball on NBA courts. The gameplay is weak.
  19. Jan 3, 2011

#58 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    Aside from "Fight Night," there isn't a better two-player sports game than "NBA Live 06."[Nov 2005, p.78]
    It pumps up the star power with plenty of show, but Superstar Freestyle doesn't ignore the go. Whether your real-life NBA team is headed for playoff stardom or a ticket to the lottery, NBA Live should make the 2006 just a little more enjoyable.
    This is my favorite two-player sports game of the year so far. The Superstar moves really change the way you play the game, and for the better, as for the first time in years you can really tell the difference between players like Shaq and Eric Dampier.