7.7

1. SeanJ.
    Jan 5, 2004
    This game has dissapointed me a lot. It is the worst game I have evr played.Please dont even gift it to ur friend!!!!
  2. RyanG.
    Mar 10, 2004
    Best game ever.
  3. RyanG.
    Nov 2, 2003
    Best game ever.
  4. MasenS.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This game is good. The best basketball game I ever have played!!! Way better then Espn Basketball.
  5. AnthonyM.
    Oct 24, 2003
    This game is sick.
  6. A.R
    Oct 3, 2003
    This Game is going to be the best basketball game of the year.its going to have 10 man mo-cap its also going to have a dynasty mode.i would probably recommend this game even though its not out yet P.S 2k games SUCK!!!!
  7. MikeM.
    Oct 11, 2003
    Amazing!!
  8. Randy
    Nov 4, 2003
    Excellent game! I love the dynasty mode and being able to unlock the Nike kickz and put them on my playaz is off the hook!
  9. limit0_dot_com
    Nov 4, 2003
    Better than last year but with new faults... Even the "big men" have to adjust their shot if any 6 footers are defending them. Shaq, Dirk, Duncan all get blocked during slams 60% of the time if anyone is nearby... The training mode in dynasty is just gay... You have to play full length games in order to get the most dynasty points but games go to 200+ points if you play full time... You Better than last year but with new faults... Even the "big men" have to adjust their shot if any 6 footers are defending them. Shaq, Dirk, Duncan all get blocked during slams 60% of the time if anyone is nearby... The training mode in dynasty is just gay... You have to play full length games in order to get the most dynasty points but games go to 200+ points if you play full time... You can just sit in front of a player screwing with the freestyle controls and pop up to shoot and that increases the chance of your shot going in a hell of a lot, no matter who is defending... And worst of all, it turns into monkey ball in the 4th quarter no matter what the game pace is or what the score is. If I hit 70% of the 3 pointers in the 3rd quarter with the Mavs, they will hit 5% in the 4th no matter who they play. Expand
  10. TimD.
    Oct 21, 2003
    This game was a big disappoinment they improved little if at all. So what they have an NBA Store. What does it do for gameplay? NOTHING.The graphics suck compared to 2k4. P.S. watch a game on t.v. and then play Nba Live 2004 then you see how unrealistic it really is
  11. MatthewR.
    Oct 26, 2003
    Much improved over last year...much more of a sim this year than in the past. I play basketball and the game is much more like real basketball than ESPN's. That doesn't feel realisitic at all to me. I bought both games, and Live has rebounded and is the top game this year in my opinion.
  12. Snoop
    Oct 27, 2003
    I bought both ESPN and Live. To sum it up ESPN does honestly look better and is more realistic when you look at it, but games are meant to be fun and Live is just FUN. The features and the music are just off the chain. What other game to you know that has the real Jordan's and Air Force Ones and throwbacks that you can choose while listening to Twista or Outkast? ESPN makes it too I bought both ESPN and Live. To sum it up ESPN does honestly look better and is more realistic when you look at it, but games are meant to be fun and Live is just FUN. The features and the music are just off the chain. What other game to you know that has the real Jordan's and Air Force Ones and throwbacks that you can choose while listening to Twista or Outkast? ESPN makes it too hard to penetrate to the basket without picking up a charge. If I am A.I., I should blow right past the majority of defenders in the league, but that doesn't happen on ESPN. As soon as you do your move the defender jumps in front of you and they call a charge even though the defender is still moving. Also the if you do get past one defender no one else steps up to help. Players just stand around while the person with the ball dribbles. That is not realistic. Collapse
  13. JackB.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Its straight and imma get this cuz i been savin up 4 eva.
  14. MikeC.
    Sep 17, 2003
    This game looks great and the graphics are cool. This year of nba live is more realastic than before and you should get it.
  15. SeanH.
    Sep 27, 2003
    Sounds great. THe graphics are a lot smoother than last year's game, which already had impressive graphics. There will also be authentic NBA courts. Also, the gameplay is way more realistic and slow than '03, which made every game seem like a track meet. With these, and so many more improvements, I think that EA's title will take home the virtual basketball's crown this year!
  16. DerrettG.
    Mar 21, 2004
    Its a great all around game.
    Jun 9, 2004
    The game is simple and just great, Live has to be the realist game with fun controls ever. I do have a question, WHY IS IT THAT THIS SUCK, STUPID, TREACHEROUS SITE "NETJAK" IS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO GIVE GREAT GAMES BAD SCORES.. I'v seen this too many times.NetJak is just simply disgraceful. Read all the other reviews and you'll see what i mean.
  18. kjJones
    Nov 13, 2003
    Its off da chain ya heards may.
  19. TonyZ.
    Nov 4, 2003
    This game is tons better than the ESPN block fest as they should rename it. ESPN may look a little better graphics wise but Live has them on gameplay and that is what is most important.
  20. Antz
    Oct 17, 2003
    Best game ever!!!
  21. DayoA.
    Oct 21, 2003
    I think it is little better than last year but, it is still too much of an arcade game, thats why they have Nba Street. The graphics are better but nothing compared to the 2k series and the Franchise(dynasty) looks good but in all reality is weak. Im looking foward to Espn Nba Basketball. p.s. to all those who want to play a real basketball simulation do youself a favor and dont buy Nba Live 04.
  22. VinsanityCarter
    Dec 13, 2003
    I like the game play but sometimes i just cant miss shots even when im defended with Reggie Miller,Vince Carter,Gilbert Arenas and Clifford Robinson. Blocks are to easy to do in this game,even SHAQ daddy cant be blocked 6 times a games!!!!
  23. Kairow
    Dec 15, 2003
    It is not a sim. It is an arcade style game with sim graphics. EA brings what they have for years: good music, a play by play that only gets on your nerves if you play seasons, and an 'idea' of what basketball is. Defense is much improved, and offense feels very clunky. What they've added for more contol ends up giving you more ways to not do exactly what you want.
  24. Jsoria
    Jan 18, 2004
    Superb graphics new updated rosters i love the throwback jerseys great 1 on 1 mode and great new freestyle and dynasty mode.
  25. OliI.
    Feb 23, 2004
    P.S If you don't want to get killed by your loved ones, DO NOT RECOMMEND LIVE AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT!!!!!
  26. CourtneyM.
    Mar 24, 2004
    Sometimes when you take and when your about to take the ball out the referee blows the whistle and gives the ball to the other team.

1. EA has done it again, implementing expanded Freestyle control, improved defensive AI, superior graphics and a brand-new announce team...Looking for the best basketball game? NBA Live 2004 is nothing but net. [Nov 2003, p.105]
  2. The gameplay has been dramatically tweaked, but the changes haven't detracted from the quick and responsive pace of the previous game. [Dec 2003, p.182]
  3. The perfect purchase for simulation basketball fans that want a little of arcade-like freedom.