NBA ShootOut 2003 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 25, 2002
5.9

1. RobertB.
    Mar 5, 2003
    I give this game approx. a 7...The graphics are pretty good considering the fact that basketball is possibly the hardest game to emulate into a video game situation. The sounds in the court are pretty accurate to a real game, but I think that the comentary needs some work.
  2. GeorgeG.
    Nov 23, 2002
    The thing that made me not give it a 1 was its Career mode. Besides that it sucked especially the graphics. I thought I was playing a Playstation 1 game.
  3. DonovanR.
    Jan 15, 2003
    All I have to say is CAREER MODE.
  4. DennyC.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Rancid! Only basketball game on the market sans a franchise mode. Like telling your 5 yr old son to go mow the lawn when everyone else's teenagers are out doing it. That's what I think of career mode. It's pathetic having a game in this age where you cannot control rosters, only the fortunes of one player. Career mode is vastly overrated. They take the starting player from Rancid! Only basketball game on the market sans a franchise mode. Like telling your 5 yr old son to go mow the lawn when everyone else's teenagers are out doing it. That's what I think of career mode. It's pathetic having a game in this age where you cannot control rosters, only the fortunes of one player. Career mode is vastly overrated. They take the starting player from the team you picks position to top it off. Graphics are Tecmo Bowl-esque, gameplay is sorry, the only way to miss shots is to have them blocked, and there is nothing revolutionary about the game. And there's no silver lining to it. Like trying to find a virgin in a whorehouse. Miserable hoops game. James Naismith would be disgraced he invented the sport if he played this game. Expand

1. The AI is rudimentary; CPU teams don't shoot the ball when open on the perimeter, show no evidence of a post-up game, and generally run around like headless chickens.
  2. Probably the biggest knock against NBA ShootOut 2003 (if you ignore the complaints of defense purists) is the graphics. The player models and faces are a bit rough, and it can be hard at times to see the resemblance of marquee players to their real-life counterparts.
    The series is making progress, but it's still a cut below what Sega and EA are offering.