Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 PlayStation 2

Jun 19, 2004
    The Best!
  2. BenN.
    Mar 15, 2003
    It never gets boring, and the cars are phat, it lasts for ages. The police mode is the best ever, but it could be a little more realistic but the game makes up for this with many more great factors. buy it now!!!!!!
  3. MingC.
    Jun 11, 2003
    Even if you're not a car fan, tis game is for u...
  4. MustafaM.
    Aug 18, 2003
    It's sneaky.
  5. PiranhaG.
    Aug 30, 2003
    Cool cars cool tracks coool music not too coool graphics.
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    I just had so much damn fun with this game. I can't tell you how many hours and how many nights I lost just trying to get a better time trying to slander those idiots off the road. There is something to be said about creating a simple game with amazing graphics an incredible sound that many developers today seem to be missing.
  7. ChrislL.
    Oct 2, 2002
    It's got everything, the cars you want to drive, action gameplay, and extremely fast racing.
  8. AlG.
    Oct 5, 2002
    I can't believe how much better this version is than the Xbox game.
  9. BradyC.
    Oct 6, 2002
    Bitchen need for speed ever best cars man it just rules i got it for the cube but wow it kicks ass!
  10. KennyC.
    Jan 17, 2003
    Rubber burning madness! This game Kicks Ass!
  11. BrendonC.
    Feb 17, 2003
    This game is great! The one thing that i can't get over is that they actually put a Ford Crown Victoria in the game! All the cars are licensed and the soundtracks are great! I love the game!
  12. AndrewH.
    Mar 3, 2003
    THIS GAME ROCKS! The graphics are kick-ass and the music is great! The physics of the game is also the most advanced I've seen it yet.
  13. SteveL.
    Oct 11, 2002
    This game rocks its got everything! High speed chases awsome graphics all the sweet cars cool music and dont forget the tracks its got!Its got all you want in a racing game!
  14. Andrew
    Nov 8, 2002
    Best car racing game i've ever played. Hours of fun!! The car selection is excellent, the control is incredible, the cops are harder to ditch which makes the game even more challenging.
  15. BrandonH.
    Oct 26, 2002
    This game is good, great sense of speed, but does get old fast, therfore may not be worth the money if you are limited and want to buy gta4.
  16. DanF.
    Oct 29, 2002
    The most entertaining game I have played since Outrun in the arcades! It's not as realistic as GT3, but it has the same sense of speed and sheer fun that the old arcade games did. Add some cops, and you have an absolute winner!
  17. AdamJ.
    Sep 26, 2002
    Better than Burnout and Burnout 2!!! Its fast, fun, has massive police chases and easy handling. Only problem, a tiny bit of slowdown.
  18. EricC.
    Nov 24, 2002
    This is the closest any game has ever come to beating Gran Turismo 3. While the graphics and realism are not as good, Hot Pursuit 2 emphasizes its spirit for speed and the intensity of it, something that GT3 didn't always get. Hot pursuit mode is a blast to play, especially when you have lots of cops on your tail. The effects that allow you to do a 360 view of your car increase the This is the closest any game has ever come to beating Gran Turismo 3. While the graphics and realism are not as good, Hot Pursuit 2 emphasizes its spirit for speed and the intensity of it, something that GT3 didn't always get. Hot pursuit mode is a blast to play, especially when you have lots of cops on your tail. The effects that allow you to do a 360 view of your car increase the effect of the chase. Play this if your more addicted to the thrill speed than realism. Expand
  19. JohnS.
    Jan 13, 2003
    BUY IT NOW! Seriously the best game on the PS2 by a clear lap.
  20. Jan 4, 2011
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best Need for Speed game I've ever played. Better than the current ones? I think so. The game is a great racer and definitely a game for people who love exotic cars because there is a great selection of them from Lamborghini Murcielago to the Ferrari 360. The tracks are nicely designed and are fun to race on although they are long in length. The policeNeed for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best Need for Speed game I've ever played. Better than the current ones? I think so. The game is a great racer and definitely a game for people who love exotic cars because there is a great selection of them from Lamborghini Murcielago to the Ferrari 360. The tracks are nicely designed and are fun to race on although they are long in length. The police pursuits are intense and the police will stop at nothing to bust you. Typical police equipment like helicopters and road blocks are at the polices disposal to take you down. The graphics are fantastic and the cars handle nicely. There is a meaty single player campaign which consists of racing in events in a championship to escaping the police in hot pursuit events. You can even be on the cops side and try to apprehend your opponents in some events. Also the soundtrack is pumping and really good when your racing along at high speeds. As I said before, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best NFS I've played and a lovely addition to the racing genre. Expand
  21. Aug 10, 2014
    One of my favorite racers of all time. Plenty of cars and modes to play around with. My personal favorites are " You're the cop" and race knock outs. My only problem with this game is the track selection. It's one of those games that simply reverses a track and calls it new. I don't have a huge problem with that just when there are 6-7 sceneries it gets old seeing the same thing after aOne of my favorite racers of all time. Plenty of cars and modes to play around with. My personal favorites are " You're the cop" and race knock outs. My only problem with this game is the track selection. It's one of those games that simply reverses a track and calls it new. I don't have a huge problem with that just when there are 6-7 sceneries it gets old seeing the same thing after a while. Everything else is pretty much flawless with this game. Expand
  22. Feb 23, 2015
    First of all, I loved the soundtrack in this game! The songs that they picked for this game really matched to the game. Finishing a race and unlocking the next car felt so good!
  23. Oct 10, 2015
    This is probably the best race game on the PS2. Nice graphics and a fairly good soundtrack for a race game (most soundtracks in race games suck!), sweet cars, interesting tracks and fantastic controls.

The police chases are incredibly fun. You can also play with two players racing each other, or one of you can be the police while the other is the speed devil. The player who is the police can call in helicopter support, spike strips or road blocks, which makes for a very exciting chase.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 delivers everything it promises: hot pursuits and hair-raising speed!

#21 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. The best arcade racer to hit the PS2. With it's combination of really fun gameplay, good delivery, terrific tracks and robust modes, this is definitely worthy of gracing the collection of any console racing fan.
    The best arcade racing game available for the PlayStation 2.
  3. The graphics are sweet, and the racing is sweeter still. Its pure, unashamed, high-energy fun, and it lasts for ages!