Need for Speed Underground 2 PlayStation 2

8.6

Nov 19, 2004
    Uninspiring 'burger king' nonsense - absolute rubbish.
  2. AB
    Jan 14, 2005
    Great! Another disappointment by EA. This game is a miserable collection of advertisements that I never want to place in my PS2 again. What happened to EA? I used to love buying the next "Need for Speed" game. I lived for "Lord of The Rings." But now they seem to derive all of their cash by scamming their loyal fans. So far they've cashed in on LOTR, Halle Berry, and even urban Great! Another disappointment by EA. This game is a miserable collection of advertisements that I never want to place in my PS2 again. What happened to EA? I used to love buying the next "Need for Speed" game. I lived for "Lord of The Rings." But now they seem to derive all of their cash by scamming their loyal fans. So far they've cashed in on LOTR, Halle Berry, and even urban culture. What's next? Burger King? Guess so, because that's what this game does. There are Burger King logos everywhere. And that's not the only issue with this game. The open-ended environments make this game nearly impossible. I hated having to drive somewhere every time I wanted to do something for my car. Plus, this game feels slow. This shocked me, as the far superior prequel had an amazing sense of speed. I guess I'll have to get used to EA destroying all of their franchises. Hopefully they won't mess up if they make another "SSX" or "Burnout" title. That would be tragic. Expand
  3. May 22, 2011
    This game is so boring i've sold it already it's terrible I hated it so much the races are impossible to lose it takes forever to load can't stand it!
  4. RossM.
    Feb 1, 2005
    All their doing is advertising init. they made the game purely to make money, and its well unrealistic, u can thrash the car for miles an it wnt even run rougher, NO damage at all, u can spray nitrous into the engine for 40 second periods, in real life that'd melt the engine to a gooey substance.
  5. JavierA.
    Feb 2, 2005
    NFSU was the boom, this second version sucks, it didn´t change a bit, the control of the car is wack. At least AE released Burnout 3 this year.
  6. RyanO.
    Feb 18, 2005
    This is possibly the worst game racing wise ive ever seen,and the modification isnt something to cheer about either. No car damage?!Is there something wrong with the game? More than something.
    Jun 19, 2004
    The only grand strategy game of this period, SP is even better than EUII, don't bother with multiplayer for now... will be pure 10 after usual patches although the thing is stable ATM @1.02

#10 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#29 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. While the driving action isn't quite as satisfying as the superb "Burnout 3," it's still strong enough to keep you playing through the 150 or so races.
  2. If you don't mind searching the city for action, Need for Speed Underground 2 gives you a chance to become the best street racer out there.
  3. Everything from the first game has been done better, cleaner and with more emphasis, but the free-roaming city is a double-edged sword, offering a sprawling metropolis to navigate, but a bit too much travelling in some spots.