8.7

1. PeterNorth
    Jan 1, 2004
    All of the NFS games are good racing games, but they have the potential to be GREAT racing games. I've completed the game, and here's what I think they need to work on: The biggest problem is "Catch-up"- this needs to be eliminated: If you are blowing every other car away all the time, switch to a more difficult level. The game shouldn't be cheating it's own cars to All of the NFS games are good racing games, but they have the potential to be GREAT racing games. I've completed the game, and here's what I think they need to work on: The biggest problem is "Catch-up"- this needs to be eliminated: If you are blowing every other car away all the time, switch to a more difficult level. The game shouldn't be cheating it's own cars to keep them on your tail. If you are better, so be it. Accidents should affect game cars to the same extent as your car is affected (this means being turned backwards everytime for the computer cars too!) You should also be awarded unique rewards, not just follow the sequence of the game. And what happened to the replays? Finally, when you win the game, we need a longer movie to watch (longer, and more detailed of the same subject would be ideal!). These games are a lot of fun to play, but its things like these that detract from the enjoyment. Losing's fine - being screwed by the game isn't. Expand
  2. DragonRyder
    Mar 3, 2004
    Its a very good game but after a while it gets boring but if u take brakes and come back like the next couple of days its okay YOU SHOULD BEAT IT ON HARD.
  3. J.Money
    Jan 19, 2004
    This game is both good and terrible at the same time... Once you get to about progress 95 it gets impossible. You'll do well until lap 5 then youll be lucky if a freakin tree doesnt hit you when tryin to dodge all the other 40 cars comin at you, while still tryin to catch up to the unscathed leader....A COMPUTER! I will admit that actual hookin up of the cars is badass, but lets be This game is both good and terrible at the same time... Once you get to about progress 95 it gets impossible. You'll do well until lap 5 then youll be lucky if a freakin tree doesnt hit you when tryin to dodge all the other 40 cars comin at you, while still tryin to catch up to the unscathed leader....A COMPUTER! I will admit that actual hookin up of the cars is badass, but lets be honest, if u have a skyline, then how can a piece of s2000 or FORD FOCUS beat you? Come on now... plus the fact that there are basically only 5 or 6 tracks in the game mkaes it boring, yeah they can switch it up as much as they want, but it gets sooo boring! Maybe the next game theyll get some stuff straight. Expand
  4. FecalDog
    Nov 24, 2003
    Fine and dandy boys. Fun as it may be, i came to realize the game is missing a main element of DOPENESS-namely REPLAY. What Ill-ass asian or white ...... of his mother took out that? Now i can't tape my races and then play later to impress the bitches....
  5. oneeyedrabbit
    Nov 29, 2003
    Good racing game, great control, lots of fun, but not not much customization. seems like everyone has the same car. know what i mean? grand turismo is still better however, this game is way more fun to play.
  6. RacerX
    Jan 22, 2004
    The game graphics is very good but not the game itself. Once you're into 50% of the game, it starts to get real boring and at that stage, the game becomes very difficult and it is in a stupid way. I enjoyed NFS:Hot Pursuit2 more than this one.
  7. FecalDog
    Nov 24, 2003
  8. DavidS.
    Nov 29, 2003
    I was in love until about the 80th challenge when the handicapping engine reared its hideous head and held me resolutely at 4 seconds off the leader no matter how well (or badly) I drove. Why not set it up where the competition gets better in a linear fashion and you either beat it or you don't? There's already a setting for difficulty, wht do a rolling handicap as well? I felt I was in love until about the 80th challenge when the handicapping engine reared its hideous head and held me resolutely at 4 seconds off the leader no matter how well (or badly) I drove. Why not set it up where the competition gets better in a linear fashion and you either beat it or you don't? There's already a setting for difficulty, wht do a rolling handicap as well? I felt insulted. Expand
  9. Jul 16, 2014
    This game is better than the latest nfs games! I still play it! Its customisation was fun. I find myself making cars as cool as i could then racing them! The cererar was challenging enough to keep me playing and the car choise was good. It is abit punishing in the sense of if you crash you lose, like midnight club but maybe worse.

#4 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Combining the reckless, breakneck speed and high-impact collisions of "Burnout" with the neon-tipped street culture of Fast and the Furious (and, more specifically, "Midnight Club II"), Underground is the new definition of white-knuckle.
    Underground is not perfect – but for a game with such a fairly short development cycle it certainly does put on a fantastic show.
  3. Playing NFSUG is like driving through the West End at midnight wearing Vaseline smeared sunglasses. Quite how a game can look both polished and blocky is beyond us, but that's exactly what EA has managed here.