Neopets: The Darkest Faerie PlayStation 2

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2005
8.5

1. Sep 17, 2015
    let's go ahead and get the flaws out away: the game lacks a lock on system which makes combat annoying because you mess. ESPECIALLY with the "standing back up animation" during this animation where if you get knockback, hit, or thrown they'll sit down then Stand back up and enemies tend to spam attack you during his animation. This is annoying because during animation you can't block orlet's go ahead and get the flaws out away: the game lacks a lock on system which makes combat annoying because you mess. ESPECIALLY with the "standing back up animation" during this animation where if you get knockback, hit, or thrown they'll sit down then Stand back up and enemies tend to spam attack you during his animation. This is annoying because during animation you can't block or attack or move out of their way you have to wait till the character is back on their feet.

THE GOOD: the game has a wonderful somewhat open world of Neopia. The story was quite unique, and the best part, THERE IS NO UNNECESSARY LOVE INTEREST between the two main characters. I honestly expected there to be some stupid love interest between Tor and Roberta, because with this type of story when to heroes, male and female, journey together saving the world they end up falling in love which is kind of what happens and most children entertainment what that kind of story. despite the flaws I pointed out this is still a very entertaining game.
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    The way the game loaded was very frustrating at times. While you were running across the fields, the game would stop dead cold and just load for a two minutes. The fighting was kind of good, although it was a bit clunky at times. The story was kind of average, the quests were repetitive.

The Dialogues were kind of confusing. Why did they put voices in the cutscenes but not in the actual game? Despite this, the voice acting was surprinsingly good, when you did have some. The open world was well designed, but the caves were way too ard to navigate around. i was stuck in the cave looking for the sister for about three hours.

I feel like there was so much potentiol for the AI to be better, but the ennmies were just reatrds that ran in straight lines. If there was a wall, they would keep walking into it. The friendly NPCs were even more retarded. They just stood there being weird. The graphics were simple yet beautiful. The soundtrack was nice. I still have the songs in my head today! I have discovered very little bugs.

Overall, this game is worth buying if you could find it for less than 10 bucks.
  3. KyleY
    Oct 6, 2009
    I give this a 10/10 because at the time (3 years ago) I found this game to be epic, funny and fun to play at the same time. After finishing this game, it gave me a feeling hard to describe and I still like this game really much today.
  4. Ponin
    Dec 17, 2005
    I liked it, grafic is kinda good and gameplay hmm well its ok. Woud like some more weapons and stuff thou. Not a killer game but its not waste the time playing it.
  5. Natolyi
    Jan 16, 2006
    As far as games go it's pretty good. It has a decent mix of puzzles, quests and fighting. The only real reason I gave it a 9/10 is that it has a few bugs that might need to be fixed, but overall I really enjoyed it. This game is good for both Neopets fans and those that have never heard of Neopets at all.
  6. AndreF.
    Jan 20, 2006
    I really enjoyed this Game because tor is cool.
  7. TylerH
    Dec 13, 2009
    Excellent game. Wonderful graphics, vivid plot and great fighting sequences. One of the best games I have ever played. I suggest everyone plays it!
  8. JasonW.
    Nov 20, 2005
    The most vapid and simplistic piece of minimalistic design I have ever seen. Creativity has been thrown in the toilet. Polish is nonexistant. Shame on them!
  9. BenF.
    Mar 15, 2006
    This game could be very fun, but it has different gameplay than the other games out there, of course. But it is a reasonably long game. This is however a great game to me.
  10. NickS
    Mar 19, 2008
    Great game. The bosses were challenging but not throw the controller down and storm off challenging. I am a fan of neopets, and this game delivers.
  11. AryaD.
    Dec 25, 2005
    I thought the game was 1 of the best games I've ever played!! It has tons of exitement,good graphic, and plenty of weapens and stuff like that!
  12. Kanie
    Dec 1, 2006
    An addictive game with great characters and story line. I found myself playing until midnight in many cases. I really enjoyed the game. I strongly advise neopet fans to play but if your not a fan I don't advise playing it.
  13. May 14, 2016
    Many people don't want to play this game because of the trade mark Neopets and all stereotypes that come with that name. But given the chance this game will impress. The plot is not the most complex of things, but it is intriguing nevertheless, especially in how the two main characters stories intertwine. There is much land to explore with fun side quests and treasures to find. The enemiesMany people don't want to play this game because of the trade mark Neopets and all stereotypes that come with that name. But given the chance this game will impress. The plot is not the most complex of things, but it is intriguing nevertheless, especially in how the two main characters stories intertwine. There is much land to explore with fun side quests and treasures to find. The enemies prove challenging but not overly so and the main quests are fun and unique to the game. Expand

#81 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#80 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

Simple, clean, straightforward and bland, Neopets is a baked potato without fixings, a bed without blankets, a cake without frosting, or a chair without cushions... It's a minimalist's action adventure.
  2. A much stronger license than it is a game, as it's plagued by overly expansive environments and poorly realized combat sequences.
  3. A surprisingly strong game that does so many of the fundamental things right. Smooth, colorful graphics, a respectable score, a working camera (I can't stress this enough), and a 15-20 hour action-adventure quest are good points for which almost any game should strive.