• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Aug 12, 2002
7.3

1. DougP.
    Apr 20, 2003
    I don't care what everybody else thinks, this was the best football game of 2002-2003. The only problem was that the players didn't run fast. Overall-great game.
  2. JamesY.
    Jan 9, 2003
    Awesome game with great graphics!
  3. ReneR.
    Dec 28, 2002
    Compared to other "arcade" type football games this would probably lean more towards a simulation. Master that simulation and you have a great football games. Sorry for the whiners who are arcade junkies. :D
  4. RichL.
    Dec 24, 2002
    I think this games great. The tackling and speed of the game is much better then Madden. SO to all the friggan idiots who say madden is better...DIE!! DONT COME BACK TO THIS SITE EVER AGAIN! GO ANNOY SOME OTHER PEOPLE! That is all.
  5. KennyR.
    Oct 1, 2002
    Best Football game this year.
  6. JpeL.
    Sep 29, 2002
    Madd3en sucks.
  7. PatrickW.
    Aug 31, 2002
    I have played all three 2003 nfl games from the different publishers. I believe that NFL2k3 is the superior (namely in game play ? believability / simulation of the real, and over all experience).
  8. DeBeechJ.
    Aug 26, 2002
    After playing this game I came up with two words...John WHO????? Finally Sega's gameplay has equalled its graphics. This game is fantastic. If you want to play a game that offers nothing new but a modified roster, a training camp that you will never use and no challenge whatsoever then get Madden. If you want a challenge, great game play and awesome presentation then get Sega right After playing this game I came up with two words...John WHO????? Finally Sega's gameplay has equalled its graphics. This game is fantastic. If you want to play a game that offers nothing new but a modified roster, a training camp that you will never use and no challenge whatsoever then get Madden. If you want a challenge, great game play and awesome presentation then get Sega right now! Edgerrin James has a GOLD TOOTH for crying out loud! Expand
  9. AndrewC.
    Aug 22, 2002
    This is the best football game out there, hands down. The graphics aren't what they're hyped up to be, but the franchise mode is simply excellent. I highly recommend this game to all football fans.
  10. BradB.
    Aug 18, 2002
    Well, I bought this game after playing Madden the past 2 years. I played NFL2k3 for about 3 days, and decided Madden was a much better fit fore me. The ESPN license is good, but not worth it. NFL2k3's running game is extrememly difficult and I was hard pressed to ever get 5 yards on a carry, and this is after playing countless numbers of football games over the years. This game is Well, I bought this game after playing Madden the past 2 years. I played NFL2k3 for about 3 days, and decided Madden was a much better fit fore me. The ESPN license is good, but not worth it. NFL2k3's running game is extrememly difficult and I was hard pressed to ever get 5 yards on a carry, and this is after playing countless numbers of football games over the years. This game is solid, but if you want a great game, i'd say go with madden. However, i think WSB for XBox was Sega Sports greatest acheivement ever. Expand
  11. NealB.
    Aug 13, 2002
    Over the last two years, Madden and Sega Sports' 2K series have been compared and contrasted to death. The differences between the two were so slight, that either game you choose would have satiated your football whims for the season. However, this year's iteration of Sega Sports Football is quite different from Madden. While both titles have great looking character models, deep Over the last two years, Madden and Sega Sports' 2K series have been compared and contrasted to death. The differences between the two were so slight, that either game you choose would have satiated your football whims for the season. However, this year's iteration of Sega Sports Football is quite different from Madden. While both titles have great looking character models, deep franchise mode, multiple season modes, and a million other options and features. What Sega has over Madden this year is overall polish and presentation that far superceeds anything we've seen in a sports title. With the aquisition of the ESPN license and enhanced architecture of all the next gen consoles, Sega blasts ahead of Madden in visuals, presentation, and in the overall feel of real football that seems to escape Madden in this year's offering. This game has it all. There are two camps out there: The Madden camp and the Sega Sports camp. Both of these groups will bicker on endlessly over who's football title is the beat-all-end-all football title available. The bottom line is: Madden is great, but this year, Sega is greater. Expand

With smart A.I., great controls, and a take-no-prisoners approach to football, it should earn All-Pro status again...a straight-ahead, hard-as-knuckles football game.
  2. As of right now (9/10/2002) there isn’t a better-playing and more rewarding NFL football videogame experience on the console market than this one, on or off the net. “Madden” is soaked in more gravy (AKA gameplay modes), but I’d take a stab of NFL 2K3’s stylish ESPN-soaked raw meat anyday, anytime, anywhere.
    The best looking, most fluid portrayal of football you can find. [A: Sept 2002, p.50]