NFL Head Coach PlayStation 2

6.9

1. AndrewC.
    Jun 30, 2006
    It was an 8.5, but I rounded up. If you're expecting Madden reincarrnated, do NOT buy this game. It's tedious at times, but definitely hands-on and the best football sim out there.
  2. BigD.
    Aug 10, 2006
    This is a very addicting game if you like these types of games. There is no action for you in the game at all, but if you are buying this, and know an ounce about football, you should expect that. You are the head coach in this game, not a player. I love this game, and love the idea. I only gave it an 8 because they could have done better with what you are allowed to do. The schedule is This is a very addicting game if you like these types of games. There is no action for you in the game at all, but if you are buying this, and know an ounce about football, you should expect that. You are the head coach in this game, not a player. I love this game, and love the idea. I only gave it an 8 because they could have done better with what you are allowed to do. The schedule is so limited in you being able to arrange your scehdule, it's almost pointless to have it there, and motivation factor is quite random, why would a running back or quarterback get upset when you tell him he did a good job after running a touchdown? There are a few other quirks, but I'm sure if EA chooses to make this game every year like their other franchise games we will see the options improve drastically. If you like the offseason stuff in Madden, you'll love NFL Head Coach Expand
  3. FrankT.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Neat Idea; however, not delivered very well. Downloads take way too long to make this title enjoyable. Not worth it. You will be bored.
  4. JoshC.
    Aug 30, 2006
    This game doesnt even get a "1",.... Do not make the same mistake I made by purchasing this boring game, thats all i have to say about that.
  5. TonyC.
    Aug 17, 2008
    A revolutionary game of its time...a game that could help coaches reinforce how they want their players to be coached in specific ways, with flexible draft ratings, and board room meetings with other coaches. A game that also allowed innovation of created plays, personality type, and other things. A bit slow, but really ahead of its time. It just needed to clean up a few things, like A revolutionary game of its time...a game that could help coaches reinforce how they want their players to be coached in specific ways, with flexible draft ratings, and board room meetings with other coaches. A game that also allowed innovation of created plays, personality type, and other things. A bit slow, but really ahead of its time. It just needed to clean up a few things, like speed, but other than that, it was a great game. Expand
  6. MikeJ.
    Jun 21, 2006
    If you know what kind of game you are buying when you buy this title, you'll enjoy it. It is NOT an arcade-type game.......its thinking, planning, stragedy, ect.......and if thats what you're looking for, and willing to take a little time getting used to being a Head Coach, and all the decisions that come with that job, I think you'll really enjoy it!!
  7. MushaS.
    Jul 17, 2006
    This is quite possibly the worst "game" I have ever played. Take away all the gameplay from madden and add some more menus and spreadsheets and you have this pile of crap. Even if you like the idea of making decisions, this is too much and there is no reward for doing well. Absolute rubbish. Not even worth the bandwidth used to download.

#77 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#91 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

As it stands, NFL Head Coach will appeal to die-hard fantasy football fanatics and Madden franchise mode junkies, and to little else. Still, that's all EA ever wanted.
    Overall, the unique approach of NFL Head Coach makes this game a smart pick for football freaks and sports gamers looking to add some analytical and intellectual flavor to their library.
  3. Still, while Head Coach is ultimately an imperfect football-management simulation, it is also, almost in spite of itself, a frequently fun one. Those with a penchant for serious football management are most certainly going to find things to like about it.