NHL 2005 PlayStation 2

8.3

1. RyanS.
    Sep 7, 2004
    This game is tight, Nash Kovalchuck, Gaborik scoring machines with all this open ice.
  2. TonyB.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Awesome game.Theonly problem I have are the goaltenders are too good for the reast of the players.the goalies arent very realistic they stop everything in the hardest setting.
  3. BobR.
    Oct 10, 2004
    This game is great, i myself play hockey, and agree there is a little to much hitting, but that is just the effect that will attract people who are not familiar with hockey.
  4. J.Silvestre
    Aug 2, 2004
    I can't wait till this game comes out. NHL 2004 was awesome. I'm sure 2005 will top it. Go Sens Go!!!
  5. ThomasW.
    Jan 15, 2005
    I love this game because you can be toronto and trade some of there better older players who have a large salary and get younger bergeron guys or ryders and the computer will trade for the older guys even if they retire in a couple of years so you get the deal, try getting younger players with lots of potential say at least 90 and are fast and have some agressiveness and you can sign them I love this game because you can be toronto and trade some of there better older players who have a large salary and get younger bergeron guys or ryders and the computer will trade for the older guys even if they retire in a couple of years so you get the deal, try getting younger players with lots of potential say at least 90 and are fast and have some agressiveness and you can sign them for cheap at least until the get good after a couple of years in the dynasty mode. Expand
  6. JulesA.
    Oct 3, 2004
    All right all you people who say that the game has too much hitting are dumb...hockey is hitting and if you can't handle it don't play it!! the game is awesome!!
  7. Davidlobster
    Aug 6, 2004
    O Toronto!
  8. WiLd4JokEr
    Sep 20, 2004
    I had 2004 NHL EA sports. I switched to ESPN 2k5, I didn't like it first but after a while, it's awesome. Pens suck but... go PENGUINS!!
  9. KevinS.
    Jan 17, 2005
    I have to say that the 04 version blew. It was kiddie almost but espn redeemed themselves with this one. Someone mentioned the goalies stopping everything, that's true and it's not very realistic but i love the game. Robert Esche plays like an all-star.
  10. Yo-yoma
    Jul 22, 2004
    Go Blue Jackets!
  11. LegendKiller
    Aug 11, 2004
    NHL 2004 was awesome. The looks of this game makes me want to buy it! Go Redden Go! He should make the cover. Go sens GO!
  12. BrianR.
    Sep 23, 2004
    NHL is an overall better game than ESPN, but not by much.
  13. LinoG.
    Sep 27, 2004
    This game is, without question or hesitation, the premier hockey title on the market. The gameplay is tight, the visuals are incredible, and the overall value is priceless. If you love hockey, get this game. If you want a watered down, less impressive game of ice, go elsewhere.

#62 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

The new Open Ice mechanics allow for smoother, wide-open play than previous versions, and the Dynasty Mode is as deep and realistic as any I've ever seen.
  2. The ease of play, with the challenge of a good A.I. creates the perfect balance that not only makes for a realistic competition, but an enjoyable one as well.
  3. The actual gameplay is pretty solid throughout, the visuals are excellent and the rest of the presentation isn’t too shabby. That said, it doesn’t do anything principally different and online play could have been implemented better.