6.4

1. Sep 27, 2013
    Still playing this amazing game. This could very well be the equivalent of techmo bowl for hockey fans.
    The Lucky cult following of fans for this game is awesome. Praise to you who are not fooled by licensing agreements and rehashed games by EA.
  2. GT.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Im glad I kept my 2k sports 07 copy. First off the players don't look anything like the actual guys. Some of the bald players have long hair sticking out of their helmets. The goal nets are not on their moorings, they are halfway up the crease. You can't use a wrist shot on a breakaway. The AI is faulty too. I played a game on "Hall of Famer" level (usually), the shots were 62-7 Im glad I kept my 2k sports 07 copy. First off the players don't look anything like the actual guys. Some of the bald players have long hair sticking out of their helmets. The goal nets are not on their moorings, they are halfway up the crease. You can't use a wrist shot on a breakaway. The AI is faulty too. I played a game on "Hall of Famer" level (usually), the shots were 62-7 for me. I lost 6-1. Unless you like to collect games that are bugged, leave this one on the shelf. Thats why its only $20.00. Expand
  3. PuckP.
    Nov 9, 2007
    This game is full of bugs. I can't believe it. CPU scores behind the goal through the net, goalie stucked in the corner, I can't shoot the puck, and those other things previous gamers mentioned, etc... I have always loved 2K-series but this one is a total failure. Unplayable. I am returning it, asap.
  4. Ryan
    Sep 15, 2007
    A really fun game!! After you tinker with the AI a little you get a nice challenging game. The all new superstar moves are ingenius! You can pull of some of the greatest moves to get a goal. The goalies are excellent, blocking every bad shot. The graphics are pretty good, but could be improved. This still is a decent game for $19.99 though.
  5. StuP.
    Nov 9, 2007
    I totally agree with GT. This the worst NHL 2K-game so far. Full of bugs, and it freezes way too often. I hope they fix those issues, before I ran out of my tissues.

1. The PlayStation 2 version of NHL 2K8 does little to impress.
  2. It can't go without mentioning that 2K8 is available for just twenty bones - a darn good value even if it were just a glorified roster update.
    If you already own NHL 2K7, you've got this game and just need to update your rosters. If you don't have a 2K hockey game, go buy NHL 2K7 -- it's the same game and you can get it used for less than $10.