Nightshade PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 10, 2004
7.7

1. Jan 28, 2013
    A great sequel to Shinobi. Its not AS good, though it is still just as hard. Camera still has issues, but its still fun.
    Gameplay is good.
    Storyline is okay.
    Graphics are AWESOME (and VERY Japanese/Neo-Tokyo-ish).
  2. Sp!racy
    Sep 11, 2007
    An above average follow-up to Shinobi. Nightshade's visuals and control scheme are tops, however the camera option could of been better. I hate having to readjust every five minutes while leaping from truck to truck in stage 6 and then again in stage 9 and 10. The difficulty ranges from managable to "my god!! what have i done to deserve this!", which isn't so bad if you have An above average follow-up to Shinobi. Nightshade's visuals and control scheme are tops, however the camera option could of been better. I hate having to readjust every five minutes while leaping from truck to truck in stage 6 and then again in stage 9 and 10. The difficulty ranges from managable to "my god!! what have i done to deserve this!", which isn't so bad if you have patience and above average reflexes. I'm not too keen on the "gotta catch em all" philosophy for unlocking bonus items, but that's another issue altogether. Collapse
  3. Nancy
    Jul 19, 2005
    It's still a great game but it got overly complicated from its predecessor with so many things you have to find inorder to unlock stuff plus getting all the scrolls and health power-ups etc. I would have liked to see it more like Shinobi simple hack and slash ninja action!
  4. KyleD.
    Oct 9, 2004
    I think this was a great addition to anyone who loves games like onimusha and such. and the person who gave this a 2 can't even spell SHINOBI.
  5. DavidA.
    Jun 28, 2004
    This must be one of the worst games I've ever played. The controls suck bad dude. They just tried to make a copy of Shinoby, only that shinoby was a thousand times better all I have to say is that this game sucks @$$.
    May 13, 2004
    First, they make blue hedgehogs that run, and now they're making a ninja game. Of course they have experience (from Shinobi) but they do not show it at all in this game. It is too repetitive and frustrating. If you want a good ninja game, I recommend Ninja Gaiden. If you want a good Sega game, you should check out Panzer Dragoon Orta or Jet Set Radio Future.
  7. GiuseppeA.
    Mar 13, 2004
    Junk !
  8. Rockernightrider
    Feb 8, 2004
    Sega ubber alles! nightshade is so almighty bad ass beat-em-up! nigtshade rules !
  9. Rockernightrider
  10. Rockernightrider

#90 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. If you liked "Shinobi" but hated the controller-throwing difficulty of it, then you'll flip over Sega's latest ninja adventure. [Apr 2004, p.100]
    It does decrease the barrier of entry enough that the average gamer has a better shot at enjoying it. Combine that with superior level design and attractive graphics and my preference for it over "Shinobi" is obvious. It's still chock full of frustration and teeth-gnashing.
  3. The bottom line is, if you liked "Shinobi" then you'll most likely love Nightshade. With more unlockables and selectable difficulty's than it's predecessor (and replay value as well), Nightshade is a good buy.