9.0

1. AdamSchulzkump
    Feb 21, 2008
    this game is very suspensful the horror game of the year for me it is actually pretty damn good it gave me and my friend a good fright. to the creator damn nice job and make another one everyone needs a good scare every now and then ...yours truly adam :):D:P;)
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    Ever play a game thats gonna be memoriable and nostagic later? No? Well this is one of them. This has got to be the best game ive played besides its sequel. The sequel is AMAZING and the only reason ratings are bad from critics are that silent hill creators PAID THEM to rate it so low. This is a very great game, that im waiting patiently for the 3rd for PS3.
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game series EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced students who need to survive the horrors of Fallcreak. Great story, great graphics and great fun factor. Highly recommend it. We need a third game@!
  4. ColeJ.
    Jan 6, 2005
    Possibly one of the most underrated games of the years, the ironically titled "obscure" is indeed a very obscure game. Whcih is a shame because its "The Faculty meets Resident Evil" story is something that comes very close to reviving an increasingly tired and stale genre. Some nice touches, such as the fact that you can kill up to 4 charcters and still finish the game, and the Possibly one of the most underrated games of the years, the ironically titled "obscure" is indeed a very obscure game. Whcih is a shame because its "The Faculty meets Resident Evil" story is something that comes very close to reviving an increasingly tired and stale genre. Some nice touches, such as the fact that you can kill up to 4 charcters and still finish the game, and the 2-character sysyem works well. A little cliched in places, but definitely worth a look Expand
  5. Kristine
    Mar 5, 2005
    I totaly agree with Cole that "The Faculty meets Resident Evil"! But this game is too short! It could be more difficult like Resident Evil!!
  6. Kamui
    Jun 3, 2006
    I agree that this game was severely underrated. If you gave this game a bad rating, you were probably playing it with your TV on the brightest setting with the volume down with all the lights on. In which case, you probably shouldn't be playing survival horror games in the first place. This game was closer to Silent Hill in terms of genuine scariness than any other game that claims I agree that this game was severely underrated. If you gave this game a bad rating, you were probably playing it with your TV on the brightest setting with the volume down with all the lights on. In which case, you probably shouldn't be playing survival horror games in the first place. This game was closer to Silent Hill in terms of genuine scariness than any other game that claims to be "scary" these days. The soundtrack is just beautiful, the environments are genuinely disturbing and the game itself was also quite challenging if you were trying to make everyone survive. Many monsters can take a character down with just a few hits. My only two main gripes were that, yes, the story was a bit cliche once you figured out what was going on. It did, however, keep me glued to the spot until I beat the final boss. Which didn't take long, which leads to my other gripe: It was just WAY too short. Overall, this game is one that every real survival-horror game fan should have. Too bad it's title has sadly become an irony. Expand
  7. BloodEmperor
    Oct 14, 2004
    This game is pretty fun and the unique 2 player action certainly adds something special to the game. Not exactly Silent Hill or Resident evil but certainly well worth a look. The control scheme in this game is easy to use, and the different characters present in this game have different abilites which again gives some more playability. What is also unique in a survival horror game such as This game is pretty fun and the unique 2 player action certainly adds something special to the game. Not exactly Silent Hill or Resident evil but certainly well worth a look. The control scheme in this game is easy to use, and the different characters present in this game have different abilites which again gives some more playability. What is also unique in a survival horror game such as this (as far as I know) is that if a teammate dies.. thats it they are gone but you can carry on through the game without that person just using the remaining people. For the fan of survival horror this game is great.. turn down the brightness and up the volume and rock on!.. for everyone else i'd at least reccomend renting the game.. I hope this review was useful as i have been unable to find many myself. [Ed: It is...thanks, B.E.] Expand
    Jul 22, 2005
    This is a very cool game it plays like Resident Evil and it has a taste of Silent Hill.
  9. DanaSpreckelmeyer
    Apr 8, 2006
    I have always liked survival horror games but the fact that this one is 2 player was just awesome. My friends and I love to set around on the weekends and play but now more than just one of can check it out. The game had us on our toes and I hope to see Obscure 2 in the future.
  10. AkeemG.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Obscure is definitely one of the most scariest games you will ever play for the PlayStation 2,it totally kicks the HOLY HELL! out of all the resident evil games. The bottom line here is that most games that has a two player cooperation mode that allows you to team up with a human or a computer player is an extremely good game.The sound effects of the weapons and monsters are great and I Obscure is definitely one of the most scariest games you will ever play for the PlayStation 2,it totally kicks the HOLY HELL! out of all the resident evil games. The bottom line here is that most games that has a two player cooperation mode that allows you to team up with a human or a computer player is an extremely good game.The sound effects of the weapons and monsters are great and I have never played a game with such realistic and awesome character voices before. I also love the dark and eerie atmosphere of the environment and the storyline of the game is very mysterious, it will keep you glued to the TV until you've reached the end,unless you chicken out before then.If you're playing this game for the first time you should definitely go into the options menu and tune the brightness of your tv set down until you can't see past the red line to get the absolute best out of the game or better yet,tune the brightness down until you can't see a GOD DAMN THING, turn off every single light in you're your house and only play the game at midnight if you can. I bet that after trying my method for first timers you will NEVER EVER play this game alone again or until you get used to it. BEST horror game that I've ever played, even better than resident evil 4. Expand
  11. CarlM.
    Mar 18, 2007
    It's on of the best horror game i've played... cause i don't live Resident evil exept the 4 and i like it because it's multiplayer and the camera isn't fixed.
  12. JustinB.
    Jul 13, 2007
    One of the best survival horror games I've ever played. Equal to, or maybe even better than Resident Evil.

1. If you are sceptical of games that feature co-operative multi-character play, you needn't worry too much; it's handled reasonably well.
  2. Horror muted by brevity and flat atmosphere... Imitating teen-horror movies is a novel idea, but duplicating their running time and feeble horror leaves the game wanting. [Nov 2004, p.106]
  3. A boring and almost totally uninspiring game. The initial premise and use of cinematic pace is nothing but a drunken flirtation with a situation that could have been, and its not long before you find yourself playing the gaming equivalent of being a milk monitor in a class for the lactose intolerant. During a mild thunderstorm.