• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Sep 19, 2006
9.3

1. Oct 13, 2014
    An utter disgrace to the gaming universe - enough said. This game is an absolute waste of time and technology, when there are revolutionary games such as Brothers in Arms available, that actually manage to tell a decent and emotional story. If you value your money, avoid this waste of memory-space.
  2. Oct 1, 2014
    Beautiful game a must buy for fans of artistic games. Not only is the art style excellent but the story and game play is amazing and will keep you hooked for hours on end.
  3. Aug 19, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever experienced in my life. This is not just a game, this is art. Words cannot describe how great and emotional this game is , you have to experience it for yourself. Its a masterpiece. Go and play it , you wont regret it!
  4. Nov 26, 2013
    Such a piece of art, this game is the best game I have ever played, it is much like Zelda but way different at the same time, it has a gorgeous art-style and since I love cell-shading and Japanese lands combined with art and particles. It's just a gorgeous art to play. The story is amazing, long and touching. The powers are amazing and the music is amazing too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnJRyTlFb0 just listen to this gorgeous piece and tell me you don't want to play it! Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    I'm not a Japan maniac weaboo believe me. Yes, the game is cheesy at some points, the unskippable notifications, the intro and the speech voices are a bit annoying.

But besides these minor issues, the game is very well crafted, well paced, and it's THE most beautiful and memorable game I've ever played. The whole reason I bought a used Ps2, Totally worth it. (Too bad it was never
    released on the PC). Also this is the first game I've ever rated a 10. Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    By far the best game I've ever played in my 21+ years. I loved the gameplay mechanic of the Celestial Brush, the characters were wonderfully developed and each had a unique tie-in with Japanese lore. The art style is unlike anything I've seen before it, and the whole story was at par of an expertly directed film. Definitely give this game a try, you will NOT be disappointed.
  7. Mar 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Um título inesquecível com uma mecânica de jogo mais original que já vi na minha vida de jogador com gráficos excelente uma pintura a cada frame, o pincel celestial faz dar vida ao jogo onde você pode pintar um circulo na água daí aparece uma vitória régia, pintando um risco você tanto pode fatiar os inimigos ao meio como sair de uma cela, desenhar uma meia lua no céu faz o dia virar noite ou um círculo faz a noite virar dia e isso o Opus Magnum da Clover Stúdios, a grande idéia de jogabilidade que até Shigueru Miyamoto queria inventar, sons e músicas exemplares e dois personagens com carisma impar vulgo Issun e Suzano, Não quero desmerecer a Nintendo pois Ocarina of Time o melhor jogo de todos os tempos, mas Okami o jogo que Zelda dessa geração e a do Wii(até agora) não foi, pois muito fácil fazer um jogo em cima de conceitos novos (vide Twilight Princess no seu Wii Motion), mas fazer conceitos de jogabilidade novo em cima de um controle velho(DUAL SHOCK) como reinventar a roda, muito mais difícil não e nesse ponto que eu tiro o chapéu para Atsushi Okami Inaba. Alex 29/06/2009 Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2013
    ONE OF THE BEST GAME i EVER PLAYED! THIS IS WHY i STILL FEEL ps2 IS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER!!!!!!!!!! From graphics to amazing world , story .. every aspects of this game is just fantastic!!!
  9. Jun 20, 2012
    Few videogames stand the test of time, and Okami is certainly one of them. Perhaps it's the unparalleled graphics, the unique characters and story, or maybe it's the setting and atmosphere.When people are talking about "Art in videogames" I think of Okami. Even 6 years after it's release, not a single game came close to it's vision and magnitude in graphical design, from my perspective. There are games that have better graphics, for granted, but there are few that can challenge Okami's beautiful art direction and visuals. But the fact is that Okami is charming not only in it's graphics but also with it's humor and characters, and especially The little jokes/nuances are very endearing. The game also boasts some of the finest bosses I'v seen in videogames, as well as the ways of beating them. A 40 hour campaign and a vast array of unique locations make okami feel big and full of adventure. The story is a classic "good VS evil" affair but not so much that it descends to kitsch, thanks to the brilliant writing and fantastic characters. For me the overall experience was practically perfect. It's one of "those" games that you come back to every year and play again, just to remind yourself why you love videogames and also to remember the experience itself, one that will always stay with you. Collapse
  10. Apr 27, 2012
    The best game ever. It has everything: a superb story, wonderful graphics, beautiful, charismatic, a special atmosphere and with a outstanding visual design.

It's a game without any obvious flaws. Maybe the difficulty? Bah, for this kind of game, the difficulty is not important at all.
  11. Apr 13, 2012
    One the most spectacular games I had the good fortune of playing. Every aspect of the game oozes with love. The graphical style is vibrant beautiful in motion. The character design is wide and very varies from each of the world's areas, resulting in very few occasions where you see the exact same enemy. The best part of the game however, for me, is that the story just keeps giving. No more than 4 times, I was certain I was about to beat the game, only to be shown that the latest challenge that threatened the world was nowhere near your final test. Overall, an experience that every gamer should have. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2011
    This underrated game deserves all the praise in the world, with stunning graphics, flowing gameplay, story art, and a great main character.
    Okami brings what a art loving, emotional story lover wants in this masterpiece
  13. Nov 28, 2011
    The 'REAL' fantastic game i've ever played! Its gorgeous art, soulful music and thrilling gameplay magnetize you into the most beautiful world of games you've ever seen. This game will make your life's most beautiful moment ever!
  14. Aug 17, 2011
    A near perfect game great story breakthrough gameplay and just plain fun my only complaint is that theres no voice acting just a mumbling sound a must buy!!
  15. Jun 26, 2011
    Unlike any other game out there, it is truly unique and a work of art. It's an amazing game for anyone. Ignore any negative reviews you ever see about this game, they're always just impatient children who don't want to read dialogue (give me a break!). Okami is the best!
  16. May 22, 2011
    To give you an idea of how good I think Okami is, I compare every single game I review to this game and GTA. Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  17. May 17, 2011
    VERY good game. Haven't been this pleasantly surprised by a game in a while. Also one of the more recent games that kept me playing late in the night with that feeling of telling myself "just one more checkpoint". Very good art design and innovative new ideas for fighting. Great characters and one of the funniest games I have ever played. Also great how much game there is and how they make you think it is over but then add more story. Great value. Few problems are is it confusing where to go or what to do, and the game does not explain some of this that well. This leads to a lot of wandering around. A walkthrough for these parts are a must. Also need more checkpoints in case you don't want to have to play 1 hr+ every sit-down. Also could get a little talkative, without much action at some parts. There are also many problems with how precise brush is. I would make a slash but it would not be recognized for any good reason and this can be VERY frustrating. This was probably biggest and most annoying flaw in the game, the brush imprecision. All in all a great game. Expand
  18. May 5, 2011
    Easily one of the best looking titles on the PS2 ever, Okami is as beautifully artistic as it is innovative. Pros: An astounding amount of depth within the gameplay and storyline; stunning graphics; solid controls; epic soundtrack; funny characters; the Celestial Brush is easy to use. Cons: Easy combat leads to repetitive button mashing; some occasional camera issues.
  19. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Every second of your life that you pour into this stunning masterpiece of a video game is not one second of it wasted.
  20. Apr 23, 2011
    Simply the best game for the PS2. It has so many twists and turns, hidden secrets, and side quests that sucks up your life. Whenever I play a new game its never quite the same experience as Okami The only comparison I can make is with the Zelda series, but it surpasses it in some ways. The integration of brush techniques and character building are unique.
    The whole experience is absorbing
    and intriguing. It never gets boring and every environment is fresh and beautiful. I just wish there was a sequal Expand
  21. Jan 7, 2011
    For me, the best game ever. It's beautiful: just like a living painting; entertaining: the adventure is rich and many characters are to remember (i loved tiny Issun and his taste for busty ladies^^); and offers an original gameplay. Get it if you don't own this masterpiece yet!
  22. Jun 20, 2012

Okami may be the most visually stunning game I've ever played. On the surface it might seem like your basic cel-shaded title, but it doesn't take long to realize that there's so much more to the aesthetic than meets the eye.
  2. While its slower adventure game style pacing and low difficulty may throw off a certain crowd, Okami’s charming world with its nice fairy tale story, great gameplay, and incredible graphics will give most an experience likely to be remembered for decades. Okami is truly a remarkable experience. [JPN Import]
  3. 10 / 10 / 10 / 9 - 39 platinum