• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Apr 27, 2004
  • Also On: PC
8.6

1. Oct 3, 2010
    I was so disappointed by this game, it actually angered me when I played it. I held this series in such high regard and maybe I overhyped this release too much. All I can say is if you loved the past two game play this one with caution.
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    The third-best Onimusha game. Lacks the variety of Oni 2 and the finesse of Oni Warlords. Time is spent split between two characters in two times; Samanosuke in modern-day Paris, and Jacques in Japan's Warring States era. Does very much what previous Oni games did better, and little else. Not a bad game, but not universally recommended.
  3. Jan 6, 2011
    3rd game in the series where little has changed out side of your in paris and you control 2 main charicters instead of just 1 . the voice acting is abit improved they brought a famous french actor in and modeled him for the game (i cant remember his name unfortunitly) and they have him speaking the frech in the game but not the english which is stupid because he can speak english ive heard3rd game in the series where little has changed out side of your in paris and you control 2 main charicters instead of just 1 . the voice acting is abit improved they brought a famous french actor in and modeled him for the game (i cant remember his name unfortunitly) and they have him speaking the frech in the game but not the english which is stupid because he can speak english ive heard him in other films do so. instead they have some english voice actor doing his lines which was just stupid in my book. its fairly long not as long as the second but still much longer then the first . this game is in the middle of the 3 games its better then the first but not as good as the second one . still its a fun game and it also brings samonoske back in. Collapse
  4. Dec 26, 2013
    Probably my favorite Onimusha.It's hard to find faults with Onimusha 3 because it does what it does so well. Only the story has it's up and downs but in the end this is amazing game Onimusha series has proven to us that it stands on its own.
  5. Mar 29, 2013
    Aside from an absolutely breathtaking intro (it was unbelievable to think that is what the PS2 was capable of) this game is really just lazy. The game uses Jean Reno's likeness in the game, and yet only the French version of the game uses the actor's real voice. We all know he can speak fantastic English, why on earth didn't he do the English one as well. Whoever the voice actor was thatAside from an absolutely breathtaking intro (it was unbelievable to think that is what the PS2 was capable of) this game is really just lazy. The game uses Jean Reno's likeness in the game, and yet only the French version of the game uses the actor's real voice. We all know he can speak fantastic English, why on earth didn't he do the English one as well. Whoever the voice actor was that they got instead of him sounds nothing like him, so it was kind of bizzar seeing Reno's face with another voice. It felt more like this was a fan made mod than anything else. As to the game itself: It really doesn't do ANYTHING new, just the same stuff from the last games in a different location. The game isn't bad, just a really big disappointment. This is what you would expect from a Hollywood movie -Game licence game. But from the Onimusha franchise, this was just a bit of a slap in the face. Overall: It is a good game, and I would only recommend to those who have not tried the previous games. Expand
  6. Jan 6, 2011

1. Onimusha 3 more accurately represents an action game like "Devil May Cry." Instead of the rigid control scheme used by the "Resident Evil" series, Onimusha 3 has fluid controls. Moving the analog stick around will directly move your character, instead of just turning him. [JPN Import]
  2. The introduction of a secondary hero, as well as a number of side characters that aid and even have their own role to play in the defeat of Nobunaga’s forces are handled very nicely, and the plot of the game is well constructed.
    Aside from the Leon bait-and-switch, there are few surprises in Onimusha 3—it’s a great game that fits like an old glove, so the old saying goes. A soul-sucking, flesh-leeching glove with one creepy, blinking, hollow eye.