Onimusha: Warlords PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Mar 13, 2001
8.0

1. Feb 13, 2013
    A truly revolutionary game for its time, Onimusha firmly created a hybrid of a cinematic experience in games. With breath taking graphics, good controls, and a classic, epic story, Onimusha is a classic Among PS2 games.
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    Even with all the hype this game delivers, great graphics and extremely engaging story makes this game a must have for any PS2 owner. Just come with no expectations and let the game be what it is.
  3. RobertB.
    Jun 12, 2001
    Sort of a combination between "Zelda" and "Resident Evil" (and, IMO, far better than the latter). Spending a weekend with this game gave me another good reason to get a PS2 before "Metal Gear Solid 2" comes out.
  4. SimonB.
    May 7, 2001
    It's the greatest PS2 game.
  5. ArranH.
    Jul 4, 2001
    I think that this game is the 2nd best down from "Resident Evil Code Veronica" definitely.
  6. KevinB.
    Jul 7, 2001
    I did not emerge from my room to see the light of day for a few days while playing this game.
  7. Sasha
    Apr 18, 2002
    This is an excellent game. Great story, freaky demons and awesome weapon upgrades. Only bad thing is that its very short, I beat it in 5 hours.
  8. NinjaMafia
    Aug 6, 2003
    This game is probaly one of my favorite games for the PS2. However it is not for everyone. This game is extremely short and after a while, extremely easy. However the game had a great leveling up feature which always brings me back for more.
  9. RyanM.
    Jul 25, 2003
    A super fun hackinslash, in-depth, game with enjoyable cinematics and graphics that hold their own. This is a great game with an awesome weapon system, and great plot. get this game and you won't regret the couple hours of enjoyment you get.
  10. VarunB.
    Aug 12, 2005
    More than a good game, it's great...gamers will be amazed by the graphics and cinematics, while being engrossed in the story. The level up feature is pretty cool as well. The fighting system is easy to learn, and requires great timing to master. The game is quite short, but has some replay value...a good buy for the PS2.
  11. Mar 26, 2014
    Resident Evil meets samurai in Sengoku-period Japan. More hack and slash than survival horror, combat is decent, if limited; but was impressive for its time. Features one almost game-breaking puzzle (THE WATER TRAP) and some less threatening demonic entities - easily sliced. Lots of fun, great atmosphere.
  12. Dec 26, 2013
    If you are in any way slightly interested in Resident Evil style games or action games, Onimusha is a must-have. Very nice features like weapon upgrading system. Gamepay is brilliant, graphics really good and the score is amazing. Where the game does fall down a bit is in its length.
  13. Mar 29, 2013
    I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. Going in I really had little idea what to expect, all I knew was that it was supposed to be a Devil May Cry wannabe set in ancient Japan. Boy was that a bit off mark. While it is a slasher in a similar sense to DMC it is more of a horror game. The action is good, the visuals are pretty and the overall design something really differentI was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. Going in I really had little idea what to expect, all I knew was that it was supposed to be a Devil May Cry wannabe set in ancient Japan. Boy was that a bit off mark. While it is a slasher in a similar sense to DMC it is more of a horror game. The action is good, the visuals are pretty and the overall design something really different and new. However it did feel a little basic and simple at times. Overall: I had a blast with this game and was pleasantly surprised just how much I grew to like it. Expand
  14. Feb 9, 2014
    The game looks and plays beautifully. The cinematic experience you get with this game was something new to the time and the camera angles actually fit in and work pretty well, despite them being criticised.
  15. SAV
    Jul 2, 2015
    Inizialmente previsto per la prima PlayStation, Onimusha: Warlords uscì infine sulla seconda console da salotto di casa Sony. Trattasi di un riuscitissimo hack and slash in cui, nei panni del prode samurai Samanosuke, dovremo avventurarci nel misterioso castello di Inabayama per salvarlo dall'invasione delle truppe demoniache capeggiate dal loro re Fortinbras. Divertente, graficamente benInizialmente previsto per la prima PlayStation, Onimusha: Warlords uscì infine sulla seconda console da salotto di casa Sony. Trattasi di un riuscitissimo hack and slash in cui, nei panni del prode samurai Samanosuke, dovremo avventurarci nel misterioso castello di Inabayama per salvarlo dall'invasione delle truppe demoniache capeggiate dal loro re Fortinbras. Divertente, graficamente ben fatto e dotato di fascinose atmosfere da Giappone feudale, Onimusha: Warlords é certamente uno dei più grandi classici dell'era PS2. Peccato solo per la longevità molto ridotta che si aggira attorno alle 6 ore. Expand

1. The fact that you get sent back to the original load screen every time our friend Samanoske meets his untimely death is unforgivable, but it's not something that should keep you away from an otherwise first-class game.
  2. It may not be a lengthy adventure, but it sure is an intense and gratifying one.
  3. Fits like a familiar old glove (or gauntlet), but smoother, better-fitting and lined in fine, Japanese, brocaded silk.