• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Mar 13, 2001
7.9

1. Oct 3, 2010
    Even with all the hype this game delivers, great graphics and extremely engaging story makes this game a must have for any PS2 owner. Just come with no expectations and let the game be what it is.
  2. Feb 13, 2013
    A truly revolutionary game for its time, Onimusha firmly created a hybrid of a cinematic experience in games. With breath taking graphics, good controls, and a classic, epic story, Onimusha is a classic Among PS2 games.
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    Resident Evil meets samurai in Sengoku-period Japan. More hack and slash than survival horror, combat is decent, if limited; but was impressive for its time. Features one almost game-breaking puzzle (THE WATER TRAP) and some less threatening demonic entities - easily sliced. Lots of fun, great atmosphere.
  4. Dec 26, 2013
    If you are in any way slightly interested in Resident Evil style games or action games, Onimusha is a must-have. Very nice features like weapon upgrading system. Gamepay is brilliant, graphics really good and the score is amazing. Where the game does fall down a bit is in its length.
  5. Mar 29, 2013
    I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. Going in I really had little idea what to expect, all I knew was that it was supposed to be a Devil May Cry wannabe set in ancient Japan. Boy was that a bit off mark. While it is a slasher in a similar sense to DMC it is more of a horror game. The action is good, the visuals are pretty and the overall design something really differentI was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. Going in I really had little idea what to expect, all I knew was that it was supposed to be a Devil May Cry wannabe set in ancient Japan. Boy was that a bit off mark. While it is a slasher in a similar sense to DMC it is more of a horror game. The action is good, the visuals are pretty and the overall design something really different and new. However it did feel a little basic and simple at times. Overall: I had a blast with this game and was pleasantly surprised just how much I grew to like it. Expand
  6. Feb 9, 2014
    The game looks and plays beautifully. The cinematic experience you get with this game was something new to the time and the camera angles actually fit in and work pretty well, despite them being criticised.
  7. Jan 6, 2011
    take resident evil set it in ancient japan with demons instead of zombies and switch the guns with swords and you get this game. the games story is fairly decent the charicters are just ok i guess and the voice acting is bairly passable . the game is alot of fun though . the sword play and boss fights are great . there are some good puzzles to the game . i really liked the water puzzle .take resident evil set it in ancient japan with demons instead of zombies and switch the guns with swords and you get this game. the games story is fairly decent the charicters are just ok i guess and the voice acting is bairly passable . the game is alot of fun though . the sword play and boss fights are great . there are some good puzzles to the game . i really liked the water puzzle . the graphics where great in there day . the real downer of this game is just how short it is . its easily beatin in just 3-4 hours which is just way to short . i do feel abit screwed just abit payin $50 for a game that can be beatin that fast. still its a fun game and the start of a solid new series. Expand

1. The fact that you get sent back to the original load screen every time our friend Samanoske meets his untimely death is unforgivable, but it's not something that should keep you away from an otherwise first-class game.
  2. It may not be a lengthy adventure, but it sure is an intense and gratifying one.
  3. Fits like a familiar old glove (or gauntlet), but smoother, better-fitting and lined in fine, Japanese, brocaded silk.