Phantasy Star Universe PlayStation 2

8.5

1. UNDERPLAYED
    Jun 15, 2008
    ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED GAMES!!
    Hands down the most innovative multiplayer action dungeon crawler on ps2 and possibly computer.
    GRAPHICS=10(considering its made with in the limits of a multiplayer game,with alot! of animations, on a home console (the ps2) The design is AAA Anime scifi GAMEPLAY=10
    ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED GAMES!!
    GRAPHICS=10(considering its made with in the limits of a
    multiplayer game,with alot! of animations, on a home console (the ps2)
    The design is AAA Anime scifi
    GAMEPLAY=10 the experience I got from this was unlike any other. Heres why.
    Gave me a large amount of controll over
    what my character looks like with out it
    looking like shit model that was made in a
    wrestling game,character generator.
    Higth, width, skin tone,facial structure,
    at the slide of a bar!, at about 1:56 you can
    see what I mean.
    and vast great verity even over the voice,
    and yes like every online game you can grow tired of it, but sooner or later some
    new
    feature will come in and spark you up
    again.
    The one thing that this games lacks, is Sega's support and lack of good narration. There are a lot of PSO fans who bitch and whine about this being diferent from pso.
    I say shut up, because its more like Phantasy star then pso and it has Pso in it but better, only thing missing is the offline grinding, which the psp version should have. The game is 10 times as big and has deeper way better mechanics system, and a new counter and timed attack system which just adds to the depth.
    Having a verity of themed rooms to choose from and a NPC that you grow that manages your weapons and sells you shop items while your offline is pretty awesome. the shop system is pretty in depth and Sega is always improving on a good shop system that already worked good to begin with,by adding a good depth of features unlike any other game has seen.
    You do not have to be total nerd to pick this up and play!
    sonic team (especially if Yuji naka is behind it) has always been good about making games accessible by anyone.
    ITS NOT THE GREATEST THING 4 EVER, but it has a ton of FUN INNOVATIVE features that have set a bar, that many are not aware of.
  2. SkyShredder
    Oct 23, 2006
    Awesome game! I feel that this will be a great game with all of the new aspects.
  3. JonathanB.
    Oct 27, 2006
    The new Phantasy Star is a very refined online game, the navigation and game features are both immersive and convenient when other games make very deep tradeoffs one way or the other. Combat gameplay is smooth and very active. It's not as deep or challenging as Monster Hunter but still nicely varied and well-suited to the environment and opponents.
  4. TheCHONGO
    Oct 28, 2006
    Have had it for 2 days and logged in 23 hrs on the xbox 360....lvl 21 beast and love it beyond belief. If you played the beta and enjoyed even a fraction pick this up....if not check out other reviews and see the light! GREAT TITLE.
  5. JohnO.
    Dec 10, 2007
    An MMO that has exactly the right balance of collectibles and coolness to keep up with the most rabid fan -- without sacraficing fun for the casual player. This game will reward you with style points and lets you get as deep as you want into the nitty-gritty mathematical details (you know, the ones that will make you RICH)!
  6. EmilyB.
    Dec 31, 2007
    I have never gotten to deeply into the offline but my boyfriend loves it and i enjoyed the online story mode tremendously! This game has enough things to level (technics, attacks, type, character) to keep the most hard core gamer busy but can also keep someone who wants to play a little here and a little there coming back when they want a chance to save the universe! I love this game and I have never gotten to deeply into the offline but my boyfriend loves it and i enjoyed the online story mode tremendously! This game has enough things to level (technics, attacks, type, character) to keep the most hard core gamer busy but can also keep someone who wants to play a little here and a little there coming back when they want a chance to save the universe! I love this game and have created quite a friend base on it, so much so that we started a "clan". With the AoI expansion it just made everything that much more fun and exciting! I recommend this game to casual and hard core gamers both!!! Expand
  7. osmanyaparicio
    Jul 18, 2006
    i think is the best game ever bacause the action and everything the only thing i can say is the best game in the world!!!!!!!!!!!! and i give it a 10 out of 10 but i havent playd it yet so im saing a`9 but i know is going to be a 10!!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#55 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. From its huge offline game to its infinite online game, you can spend 100s if not 1000s of hours playing. [JPN Import]
  2. Phantasy Star Universe, in the end, is just more of the same thing: simple dungeon crawling. It's fun online; it's not fun offline. This is a hard one to rate, as it's pretty convoluted.
  3. Universe is a strong and worthy sequel to the 2000 Dreamcast classic, but key absences – specifically the offline multiplayer – make a very good case for waiting.