7.9

1. DanJ.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Even though it started slow, the game was a pretty good time spender. The ship combat is, in my opinion, much more fun than the 3rd-person aspect. The two-player mode has kept me entertained for hours.
  2. GigiS.
    Jul 7, 2002
    I am totally hooked on this game. I love how it's not strictly action--not JUST fighting and killing. Fun quests and good story, and the music is great--dramatic and majestic at times.
  3. Candrea
    Jul 4, 2002
    The demo disc is what got me into this game. Having only a little time on my hands, I found this game to have a different scenerio than most games which was a nice surprise. We have had little interest in buying any games for our PS2 lately but I am thankful to the magazine demos which got us to buy this one. This was a true reward. Strictly Enjoyable.
  4. IdontwannaTellYou
    Apr 12, 2002
    This Game Rocks! I dont usually buy ps2 games but wow! And this is a 2 player game if you play sea battle mode!
  5. SYX
    Feb 23, 2002
    This is the best game I have ever played in the world, from pirate fighting to whooping some major @$$. This game fires on all levels.

#31 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. I wished the visuals and audio were better but they do the job. An effective blend of two genres that as far as I know have never been melded together, and truth be told, I like this game.
  2. Game Informer
    The pirate theme is just dressing, cleverly hiding the fact that this is yet another generic action game that could have been transformed into any conceivable concept. [Mar 2002, p.79]
  3. Black Kat is like me first marriage, aye - fun for a few hours, and then as slow a death as you never want to witness, matey.