Pitfall: The Lost Expedition PlayStation 2

8.9

1. Mar 16, 2014
    Pitfall: The Lost Expedition is an wonderfull experience that brought me into adventure games like Uncharted. Basicly its a 3D platform adventure game with deep characters and a great story.
  2. Oct 6, 2014
    A fun an unique game. This is what i think of when i hear "Adventure Game". It is just such a perfectly designed game it's like uncharted for kids. Play this game if you can.
  3. Adam
    Mar 6, 2004
    Znakomita platformowka,taka jakie lubie ,znakomita grafika i muzyka.Nic tylko kupowac i grac.W stylu Crasha.SUPER !
  4. AndersH.
    Feb 23, 2005
    An exellent adventure in the jungle, with superb sounds/music and lovely graphics. On top, Pitfall! & Pitfall 2 as a bonus. -You cant go wrong here!
  5. AxelB.
    Mar 7, 2005
    This game is just awsome! Follow explorer Pitfall Harry on a adventure deep in the jungle. Watch out for crocodiles, bats, scorpions, spooky natives, and crazy monkeys, in over 40 challenging levels. Stunning graphics, and Dolby Surround make sure that you really are in a jungle! Pluss, Pitfall! (the orginal) and Pitfall2 are included on the disc (bonus), so your This game is just awsome! Follow explorer Pitfall Harry on a adventure deep in the jungle. Watch out for crocodiles, bats, scorpions, spooky natives, and crazy monkeys, in over 40 challenging levels. Stunning graphics, and Dolby Surround make sure that you really are in a jungle! Pluss, Pitfall! (the orginal) and Pitfall2 are included on the disc (bonus), so your 'Pitfall-collection' is complete from day one. Pitfall, The Lost Expedition is truly a classic! Collapse
  6. Sep 13, 2015
    Okay, maybe it's the good ol' days of renting your games from the local video store with those black and white photocopied covers and scratched discs talking, but this game stuck out as pretty good to me at the time. I came back to it recently, and I have to say, it doesn't make me question my taste in video games when I was 9. The gameplay is fluid, and rarely has frustrating platforming,Okay, maybe it's the good ol' days of renting your games from the local video store with those black and white photocopied covers and scratched discs talking, but this game stuck out as pretty good to me at the time. I came back to it recently, and I have to say, it doesn't make me question my taste in video games when I was 9. The gameplay is fluid, and rarely has frustrating platforming, and the graphics are quite colourful and beautiful for a PS2 game. I will say that the game has glaring downsides of 2004, like the clearly visible skyboxes, and the walls of tree textures to make you feel like you're in a lush forest when you're really in a tube of rainforest textures and water a lot of the time. The story is actually not bad, and the game has a slightly non linear path. You can retrace your steps from the end of the game back to the start if you want, but only to pick up items that were previously unreachable without the powerups you receive later.

Back onto the graphics, I wish the game had come out a year later, when the Xbox 360 came out. The graphics were great, but they would have been much more amazing had they been developed for what was next gen the following year. I mean, this game predates Facebook and YouTube!

Honestly, I have hundreds of games that I consider to be under appreciated, and I wouldn't be afraid to put this game on the list. If a sequel were to ever come out (nearly 12 years since P:TLE came out), I would definitely follow its development.

1. The Lost Expedition is indeed noteworthy, if for no reason other than the fact that it manages to bite the style off of Metroid rather strongly but still injects enough humor to keep it entertaining.
  2. Simply put, this title's characters, plot, and dialogue are hackneyed and verging on painful. Every joke falls flat, and every plot twist seems scraped from the bottom of Indiana Jones' barrel. [Apr 2004, p.91]
  3. But once you get a feel for the camera and compensate for its flaws, the game opens up and feels so free. It's fun to just rush through each level.