Pro Race Driver PlayStation 2

8.5

1. AndyN.
    Mar 28, 2003
    Well, again, I'm disappointed by the hype. A story line in a racing game is a cool idea, but why? The graphics are quite good also, but the car physics are all over the place. Why can't someone compete with Polyphony Digital in the genre? Would someone please build a game that's as good (if not better) than Gran Turismo 3?
    Mar 5, 2003
    Amazing, superb, just like half life on wheels.
  3. EricB.
    Jan 17, 2003
    It is a really great mix between racing, strategy and storyline! I love it! Very realistic game with lots of different cars and tracks. The other cars on the track do their best to block you or drive you off the circuit!! Very addicted!
  4. AndyM.
    Jan 8, 2003
    Don't believe the hype. Sure, this game LOOKS great, and the storyline is a neat idea. However, the control is terribly frustrating. Also, the sun glare on EVERY track is an incredible nuisance. It's not a bad game, but there are many out there that are a LOT better.
  5. NewtonD.
    Jan 6, 2003
    I would like to say that this game ranks as one of my favourites for the racing genre. This game is unqiue and well worth the money spent! The cars are amazing..from Vauxhalls to Dodge 69 Charger..and all the classic circuits such as Donnington Pk and Brands Hatch. I am really excited about this game by codemasters..and hopefully they will follow up with a Formula 1 game!
  6. GrantC.
    Jan 2, 2003
    V8 SUPERCARS ENOUGH SAID!
  7. JamesS.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Worth the anticipation. If you like fender to fender racing, full speed fealing, having 5th gear go out after an encounter with a wall, other cars bumping and running, calculated pit stops, totally awesome tracks, and a nice in car feel, spend the money, youll make the time.
  8. MagicB.
    Dec 19, 2002
    I like the new story approach, graphics, damage, earn you way up approach. But I'm realy disappointed in Codemaster's steering wheel implementaion. Especially the force feedback. It SUCKS! If you have GT3 - you'll agree with me. It's plain buggy: when you in mid-turn suddely the wheel feels so neutral that I had to check if it fell off! The adjustments don't help I like the new story approach, graphics, damage, earn you way up approach. But I'm realy disappointed in Codemaster's steering wheel implementaion. Especially the force feedback. It SUCKS! If you have GT3 - you'll agree with me. It's plain buggy: when you in mid-turn suddely the wheel feels so neutral that I had to check if it fell off! The adjustments don't help much & it just dissapoints tremendously. Another complaint is the lack of difficulty adjustment in the story line part of the game. It's there for the free trial ... I mean it took me 4 days to finish the game ... way too easy. "sim" & "damage" codes don't help much in this department. Otherwise it's a cool game, another welcome improvment to racing genre games. The breaks & the accellator sensitivity is great - makes me ask Logitech for forcefeedback for the pedals : ) I just hope that GT4 will "borrow" some of the good ideas from this one. Expand
  9. JustinG.
    Dec 17, 2002
    Great game! Good cars and realistic damage.
  10. RomeoC.
    Dec 17, 2002
    Overall a really good game. It has the road racing action and brand name cars like Gran Turismo, with control on par with Midnight Club.
  11. QuannD.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It's so cool and all the cool cars.
  12. RowanG.
    Oct 8, 2002
    Really f...ing goood.
  13. Jozue
    Sep 17, 2002
    Good game, nice graphics, fast cars thats what i like.

#59 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. netjak
    Unfortunately, Ryan comes off as an unlikable, whiney cliche. Being that this is a racing game, its ultimate success resides in the on track action, as it should.
  2. Acceptable, occasionally technically impressive but, on the whole, either at or below the par set by other driving games. This one is still recommended, but just veers a few degrees below the target that we like to call essential.
  3. One of those games that will be remembered years down the road for anyone who plays this fine title.