8.7

1. Dec 3, 2011
    The greatest game ever created. If you don't enjoy this game then you are truly lost in life. Everything about it is spot on and amazing. You can't ask for more.
  2. NickG
    Aug 23, 2009
    You can play and finish this game once, however once you finish it you will have this great warm feeling that you have just played and finished one of the best platform game ever. Levels do get a little repetitive particularly if you try to get all the bonuses, but ever single level has a completely different theme and feel. This is not a generic platform game, this is what platform gamesYou can play and finish this game once, however once you finish it you will have this great warm feeling that you have just played and finished one of the best platform game ever. Levels do get a little repetitive particularly if you try to get all the bonuses, but ever single level has a completely different theme and feel. This is not a generic platform game, this is what platform games were meant to be like. A gold standard. Expand
  3. Jan 12, 2013
    I recently got Psychonauts on PSN, and it was worth all 10 dollars. The atmosphere is wonderful, the characters are great, even if the main character looks like Tim Burton directed a Puffs tissue commercial. Heck, they even give the extras distinct personality's. My only problem lies with the beginning of the last level and the annoyance of "Little Oly". Overall, it is a great value andI recently got Psychonauts on PSN, and it was worth all 10 dollars. The atmosphere is wonderful, the characters are great, even if the main character looks like Tim Burton directed a Puffs tissue commercial. Heck, they even give the extras distinct personality's. My only problem lies with the beginning of the last level and the annoyance of "Little Oly". Overall, it is a great value and is on my top ten favorite PS2 games Expand
  4. BlatherscyteBlunderbuss
    Nov 1, 2005
    The atmosphere, characters, story and dialogue are top notch. 90-some percent of the fun of the title comes from finding the characters and listening to what they're up to. But, therein lies the problem -- the actual gameplay is not particularly fun.
  5. PeterL.
    Jul 13, 2005
    Overhyped game. The only thing this title has going for it is a bunch of whacky looking characters. besides that, the dialogue is flat. The voice acting is ok but not great. If you want great, play 'destroy all humans' or watch an episode of Invader Zim (it;s the same voice artist). The levels are poorly designed. The game is also very buggy with multiple glitches and freezing Overhyped game. The only thing this title has going for it is a bunch of whacky looking characters. besides that, the dialogue is flat. The voice acting is ok but not great. If you want great, play 'destroy all humans' or watch an episode of Invader Zim (it;s the same voice artist). The levels are poorly designed. The game is also very buggy with multiple glitches and freezing (sometimes the sound just disappears completely). The quests are pointless: by the time the game switches to 'nighttime' and you go fight that huge fish, you'll wonder why you even bothered collecting items for the scavenger hunt. the loading is atrociously long and in the grand old tradiition of games made 20 years ago, this one features the 'huge boss who attacks you 8 different ways but you have to beat him 3 times in a row' cliché. talk about a complete lack of imagination. Not worth a rental, not even worth pirating: this is how bad this game is designed and how long and tediously boring it is. Psychonauts is the 'Daikatana' of platform games. Expand
  6. MattC.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Very regular game, Rayman-3 like PlayStation 2 have LOT of better games, Ratchet & Clank series, Jak series, Maximo series, Sly series.
  7. Apr 5, 2012
    Certainly doesn't have amazing graphics but it does have a good art style. The gameplay is... a bit bland and clunky. I can't give this more than a 8, it's just not that well. Fun.
  8. HenryG.
    Jul 20, 2005
    Great Game!
  9. KavveenK.
    Jul 28, 2005
    This game is SO immature..What's the use of just running around as some whacky character jumping into other's minds..come on they do need some privacy!!!!!!This is why I love the game so much!!!
  10. Roquentin
    Sep 9, 2005
    Best voice acting I've heard in a long time, and compared to most other games the script actually doesn't make you grimace, even when treading the delicate terrain of humor. Thoroughly unique and varied level design, though it isn't always made clear why it's worth the effort to accomplish some of side challenges along the way, and a few of the boss fights require Best voice acting I've heard in a long time, and compared to most other games the script actually doesn't make you grimace, even when treading the delicate terrain of humor. Thoroughly unique and varied level design, though it isn't always made clear why it's worth the effort to accomplish some of side challenges along the way, and a few of the boss fights require sheer timewasting guesswork unless you repeatedly call up the old guy for a hint. Not much replay value, but very enjoyable the first time through. A buried treasure if you're fond of action/adventure games. Expand
  11. SolidSnake
    Jun 5, 2006
    A burried treasure!!!! thisis just like beyond good and evil, a very underrated game that is a real jewl!!!
  12. MikeM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Yes, this game warrants a 10...but only if you play it on anything but the PS2 Imagine porting Half-Life 2 to PSX and you get the idea. I can't imagine ANYONE who appreciates fun and originality (in it's ingenious concept/story) not enjoying this game. Just another platformer, mechanically-speaking, yes. But the potential for enjoyment here makes all that tedious jumpingYes, this game warrants a 10...but only if you play it on anything but the PS2 Imagine porting Half-Life 2 to PSX and you get the idea. I can't imagine ANYONE who appreciates fun and originality (in it's ingenious concept/story) not enjoying this game. Just another platformer, mechanically-speaking, yes. But the potential for enjoyment here makes all that tedious jumping around worth it. Far more so than any Ratchet & Clank detritus. Expand
  13. Andrew
    Apr 11, 2006
    Even there was some little part of each level that frustrated me to the point where I was wondering what the developers were thinking, when I finished the game I still felt like I'd had a great experience. Schafer is brilliant, and though this may not be he and his crew's best game (Grim Fandango may never be topped), its still pretty darn good. Give it a shot.
  14. RobKelly
    Jun 14, 2009
    This is the best game I have ever played. I hate performers, but this game pulls it off in a manor that isn't designed to just pander to small children. It swears it makes a few dirty jokes and it even has government agents disguised as housewives by holding a rolling pin (wrap your mind around that).
  15. NickyS.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Very solid action-packed platformer.... Hilarious moments and Willy Wonka-type humor that makes you laugh your pants off....literally!!!!
  16. PatrickM.
    Jul 15, 2005
    This is one of the best games you can own. It is very fun and challinging. there are part that will make you laugh out loud. And a lot of the levels are twisted. Very twisted.
  17. MichaelB.
    Jul 23, 2007
    Amazing platformer-meets-old-school-adventure-game. Fantastically fun and funny to play. I've played platformers for years, but this one has got to be the best. Clever ideas, unique world, great voice acting... it's all there. If you don't own it, you owe it to yourself to pick it up.
  18. Nov 2, 2011
    This is a brilliant game, the characters are all hilarious, the voice acting is fantastic, the story is ridiculously crazy and great, the gameplay is varied. This is one of the best games I've ever played, I play through it regularly just to experience it again, and it's just as fun every time.
  19. Dec 28, 2012
    Platformer with a twist. Really varied gameplay, great humour and challenges that make you think. Great. It is really bad this game is so unknown, make sure you get it now it is available for download on all consoles!
  20. Jun 20, 2013
    Best game ever,it's puzzles,bosses,worlds,i mean minds they all feel fresh after the third time you play the game.Only bad side of this game is that it ends.
    All in all,good job Tim Schafer,you made one of the best games ever.
    And if you are someone whom score matters,this game gets 10/10 for it's fresh spirits.

1. Weird, funny, immensely playable, and has that nigh-unclassifiable thing we can only call charm.
    The levels are fun, the gameplay is solid, and the puzzles and bosses require more than a bit of brain matter to figure out, resulting in a nice sense of accomplishment every time you reach a new milestone in Raz's adventure.
  3. Holds up to the challenge of being a platformer on the PS2 by delivering an experience that ranks right up there with the best the system has to offer.