Rapala Pro Fishing PlayStation 2

8.7

1. AustinG.
    Jul 1, 2007
    this is the best fishing game that i ever played. has best graphics , great selection of fish species, and is not difficult. alot of people are wondering how to catch catfish. well, guess what? I know how. go to lake ocachobbe 2. use the countdown in minnow color. cast out near alot of grass, or rocks. dont real. just let sit for a while, and if you get board, just go do something else this is the best fishing game that i ever played. has best graphics , great selection of fish species, and is not difficult. alot of people are wondering how to catch catfish. well, guess what? I know how. go to lake ocachobbe 2. use the countdown in minnow color. cast out near alot of grass, or rocks. dont real. just let sit for a while, and if you get board, just go do something else and check on it every once and a while. if you have patiance, and very good realing skills, catching a catfish should be a snap for you. your welcome. Expand
  2. MikeLamens
    Apr 26, 2008
    This game is awsome but i cant catch a walley to get past it if you know how please let me know. For anyone who is trying to catch a king salmen, use the longcast minnow or LC minnow. Find a salmen and when it sees it real a little slower and then set the hook and fight it. good luck!
  3. Herb
    Jan 21, 2005
    Worst user interface I have ever seen. What a joke! Doesn't even begin to compare to other, older games. One has to navigate with keys - what is that? And they don't work well at all. There is no excuse for selling such terrible software. This game is a joke and I'm going to see if Target will refund my money.
  4. JeffD
    Mar 20, 2008
    The Muskie Hunt tourney on normal is rediculous AND unrealistic. You will need to constantly adjust your drag to land the fish with any control. Activision should have added a faster reel speed instead.
    That said, try moving tention to 4 (and rarely 5) when the fish start swimming toward the boat inside of 50 feet, where your line usually falls slack. Then move back to 3 when the line gets tight again. Don't listen to what the guide says on how to fight the Muskie. Try to keep the fish on one side of the boat so when it makes it's run to the boat you have a much higher chance of landing it when it gets close. As far as location and lure choice I just pulled up to the 3 post marker that is close to your start location and throw toward the house to start with and then left of the house, right of the house and repeat in no certain order. When a Muskie "looks" at your lure slow down your retrieve. Also, they will bite at a higher chance when your lure is 35' or closer to the boat. They will actually bite better AFTER they look at it if you just bump the retrieve (one tick of the reel). After you have 3-4 fish in the boat pull toward the house about 1/3 of the way and repeat the same casts as before. I used the S Shad Rap (Super Shad Rap) Redhead the entire time, 20 lb test finesse and medium 9'6" tournament rod. The Muskie will only bite from 1:12 to 0:50 so if you don't have 6 by then start over.
    When I figured out the system I actually caught 8 in the time limit. Just remember to land the fish as soon as possible so try to figure out how to keep it on one side of the boat and be ready for when it runs to the boat. Sometimes when it is very close (within 10 or less feet) bump the drag back up to 4 and it will give you the added pull you need to get it in. Hope this helps!

JD
  5. LanceO.
    Dec 1, 2004
    I give this game an eight.It is a nice game but it can be frustrating.It lost one point from me for its slow scrolling through its pro tips and everything else it would be better if i was faster.Now I did not get through the entire game yet so this rating of 8 may change pending the rest of the game.Now the other point was lost because in the tournament mode when you get to the Sacramento I give this game an eight.It is a nice game but it can be frustrating.It lost one point from me for its slow scrolling through its pro tips and everything else it would be better if i was faster.Now I did not get through the entire game yet so this rating of 8 may change pending the rest of the game.Now the other point was lost because in the tournament mode when you get to the Sacramento river and have to fish for striped bass the guide keeps going,"How about a super shad rap, how about a super shad rap"Do not listen to him because he is telling you his because there are also salmon in the river and that is why he says it but you dont want salmon you want striped bass.(hint)On this level you will want to use the gold countdown#7 you will have much success.I cant tell you how many hours I wasted listening to the stupid guide tell me to use the super shad rap.The guide alot of times will say stuff like you better try that again or just recast but most of the time he is wrong so I would not listen to all he has to say.He is helpful though sometimes by lettingyou know where there are fish.He almost made the gam a 7 though but he is not all that bad.Also a cool trick I learned was to use the crosshairs to spin around the lure to see what is around.Good game overall. Expand
  6. TylerF.
    Oct 13, 2005
    It awesome but the samoln tournament is harder than it should be.
  7. ClaudeT
    Mar 3, 2005
    Herb is a HOSER. Bet he cant catch a fish in real life let alone on Rapala. This game is tops, though the salmon are tough buggers. Best game to play when your too chilled out for your shoot'm ups n bash'm heads in kinda games.
  8. Shawnll.
    Jun 5, 2005
    i think this game is fun but i dont like the fact that u can only use rapalas. i can't get past the stripped bass tourney. ive beat it twice but it won't let memove on.
  9. AndrewM.
    Aug 20, 2005
    My friend and i play it, walleye gave us trouble but...once u catch 1 or 2 walleye just move to a different spot. It's challenging and there are no shortcuts.....great work rapala!!!!
  10. Drew
    May 11, 2006
    Its ok but its harder than u think if you dont have the right lure.
  11. Rob
    May 2, 2006
    really nice graphics, great concepts of fishing. Should have some plastic worms or jigs to use, and sure could use a fish locator and trolling motor. thats the only gripes. Its a great game!
  12. PaulH.
    Oct 12, 2004
    Whats wrong with you people this game is amazing you have so many this to compet for and you can unlock lures you guys need to relize this game is excellent.
  13. RyanS.
    Jan 3, 2005
    It's a really good game not really hard just the king salmon does anyone know how to caught them.
  14. BockS.
    Jun 3, 2005
    This is an awsome game but i can,t get to the muskie tournament because i cant get 75 inchies with just 3 fish but other wise it's all i play all day because fishings awsome, i am going muskie fishing next week, for real.
  15. JaneksP.
    Jul 16, 2005
    Real game, I like that game!
  16. MikeG.
    Jul 18, 2005
    I like the game...but i can't get pass the walley stage...i beat it like 7 times but it will not let me move on for some reason...and its gettin agarvatin...if you know how ti get pass the walley stage e-mail me..thanx
  17. GregT.
    Aug 5, 2005
    Best fishing game ever. Its not an easy game but i finally got to the amazon for peacock bass.
  18. MikeA.
    Apr 24, 2007
    Do not purchase this game and if you already did I feel sorry for you. I myself am an avid fisherman in real life and I can tell you this game is VERY unrealistic. It is basically one big advertisement for Rapala. At first it's a blast catching bass non stop, but it's difficult until you understand how the game wants you to hook and reel in the fish. Very unrealistic reeling Do not purchase this game and if you already did I feel sorry for you. I myself am an avid fisherman in real life and I can tell you this game is VERY unrealistic. It is basically one big advertisement for Rapala. At first it's a blast catching bass non stop, but it's difficult until you understand how the game wants you to hook and reel in the fish. Very unrealistic reeling tactics and drag settings are horrible. Even a 1 lb fish can pull your drag which would never happen with 20lb test... This is how the game will play out for you. First it's bass which is easy once you figure out the basics. Then it's time for king salmon which is a complete nightmare because this game wants you to fish a certain way for certain fish like lure selection and the way you move your rod and set your drag. Landing a king salmon consist of 90% luck and 10% skill. then you're on to walley... the only thing that works is pulling the opposite way the fish moves even though your guide tells you to lead the fish. Next is carp (I think in that order) and the only thing that works is timing the hook set perfect then the rest is easy, but until you get the hookset timed perfectly don't expect to catch anything. After that you end up on peacock bass which is another nightmare. You can fish endlessly and have a lot of trouble finding a big enough fish to qualify for the next tournament. After that it's on to catfish... All I have to say is good luck finding them. I've found 1 catfish in the game the whole time I played it and that's after using the same lure at the same exact spot for hours on end. I played this game with 3 real life friends and we shared the same memory card and just copied and it took us until April 24 2007 to finish everything and find a catfish... The first 6 months we played this game all the time and learned there was no consistency whatsoever for peacock bass lures and king salmon techniques. By far the worste fishing game I have ever played and only finished it out of sheer determination. The game is fun for the first two hours and then becomes extremely frustrating and boring. Expand
  19. Kiril
    Jul 28, 2007
    This is a great game I and My Father play and win all the tornaments from first time.The game is easy,but the only one think is hard is Catch a Cat fish. I didn't catch a catfish for now
  20. GABEE.
    Jul 22, 2005
    THIS game rocks in my mind because think about it you cant catch pecock bass on any other games. I just wish That I could beat the muskey hunt.
  21. IanOosterbaan
    Dec 29, 2006
    I got Rapala Pro Fishing for Christmas '06, and I was so amazed at the graphics. I love to fish, and I go to small lakes all the time. This game is SOOOO alike to REAL fishing, I was stunned. Rapala really put in alot of work into this game making it not only fun, but challenging also. For the Playstation 2, I can easily say that the graphics and gameplay are great, and until they I got Rapala Pro Fishing for Christmas '06, and I was so amazed at the graphics. I love to fish, and I go to small lakes all the time. This game is SOOOO alike to REAL fishing, I was stunned. Rapala really put in alot of work into this game making it not only fun, but challenging also. For the Playstation 2, I can easily say that the graphics and gameplay are great, and until they come out with a fishing game for the XBOX 360 or PS3, THIS IS THE BEST FISHING GAME AROUND! Expand
  22. phrobeeeeeeeeeee
    Apr 27, 2006
    i absolutely love this game it seems like its gonna be one of those golf games that is extreemly boring but when you catch a fish its freekin sweet!! The only problem i had with it was that i use the husky jerk 6 and 7 for the walleye tournament and you literally have to catch 4 fish fat ones at that. Ive takin 1st place in every other tournament on the normal level but this level isi absolutely love this game it seems like its gonna be one of those golf games that is extreemly boring but when you catch a fish its freekin sweet!! The only problem i had with it was that i use the husky jerk 6 and 7 for the walleye tournament and you literally have to catch 4 fish fat ones at that. Ive takin 1st place in every other tournament on the normal level but this level is crazy hard if anyone has any other tips lemme know. thanks and good luck to you Expand
  23. JohnariusWilliams
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game is awsome I just got pass the chinuk hunt with two 45lb king salmon and i was amazed i won and after that i beat the bass challencge with 4 smallmouth bass totaling 15 lbs the people who are giviving this game a seven or lower i am sorry to say this but u don't know how to fish on a game and off and i am thirteen years old and i am a semi pro and going to be a pro afterThis game is awsome I just got pass the chinuk hunt with two 45lb king salmon and i was amazed i won and after that i beat the bass challencge with 4 smallmouth bass totaling 15 lbs the people who are giviving this game a seven or lower i am sorry to say this but u don't know how to fish on a game and off and i am thirteen years old and i am a semi pro and going to be a pro after i learn a couple of more things about how to and when to locate the best coverage vegatatoin for 5 to 10 lb bass. And if u have a problem with what i just said e-mail me at jwilliams12345678910@yahoo.com thank you and learn how to fish!!!!! Expand

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    No game will drive you to REM sleep like Rapala Pro Fishing, the greatest sedative available for PS2. [Oct 2004, p.98]
  2. Easily the best fishing game I have played in a long, long time, and instantly climbs to the top of my list of all-time fishing titles. It's that good. [Oct 2004, p.136]
    Whether you're reeling in a king mackerel in Alaska or a peacock bass in the Amazon, there's still not enough spice to make up for the fact that you're fishing.