Rapala Pro Fishing PlayStation 2

8.7

1. Herb
    Jan 21, 2005
    Worst user interface I have ever seen. What a joke! Doesn't even begin to compare to other, older games. One has to navigate with keys - what is that? And they don't work well at all. There is no excuse for selling such terrible software. This game is a joke and I'm going to see if Target will refund my money.
  2. MikeA.
    Apr 24, 2007
    Do not purchase this game and if you already did I feel sorry for you. I myself am an avid fisherman in real life and I can tell you this game is VERY unrealistic. It is basically one big advertisement for Rapala. At first it's a blast catching bass non stop, but it's difficult until you understand how the game wants you to hook and reel in the fish. Very unrealistic reeling Do not purchase this game and if you already did I feel sorry for you. I myself am an avid fisherman in real life and I can tell you this game is VERY unrealistic. It is basically one big advertisement for Rapala. At first it's a blast catching bass non stop, but it's difficult until you understand how the game wants you to hook and reel in the fish. Very unrealistic reeling tactics and drag settings are horrible. Even a 1 lb fish can pull your drag which would never happen with 20lb test... This is how the game will play out for you. First it's bass which is easy once you figure out the basics. Then it's time for king salmon which is a complete nightmare because this game wants you to fish a certain way for certain fish like lure selection and the way you move your rod and set your drag. Landing a king salmon consist of 90% luck and 10% skill. then you're on to walley... the only thing that works is pulling the opposite way the fish moves even though your guide tells you to lead the fish. Next is carp (I think in that order) and the only thing that works is timing the hook set perfect then the rest is easy, but until you get the hookset timed perfectly don't expect to catch anything. After that you end up on peacock bass which is another nightmare. You can fish endlessly and have a lot of trouble finding a big enough fish to qualify for the next tournament. After that it's on to catfish... All I have to say is good luck finding them. I've found 1 catfish in the game the whole time I played it and that's after using the same lure at the same exact spot for hours on end. I played this game with 3 real life friends and we shared the same memory card and just copied and it took us until April 24 2007 to finish everything and find a catfish... The first 6 months we played this game all the time and learned there was no consistency whatsoever for peacock bass lures and king salmon techniques. By far the worste fishing game I have ever played and only finished it out of sheer determination. The game is fun for the first two hours and then becomes extremely frustrating and boring. Expand

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    No game will drive you to REM sleep like Rapala Pro Fishing, the greatest sedative available for PS2. [Oct 2004, p.98]
  2. Easily the best fishing game I have played in a long, long time, and instantly climbs to the top of my list of all-time fishing titles. It's that good. [Oct 2004, p.136]
    Whether you're reeling in a king mackerel in Alaska or a peacock bass in the Amazon, there's still not enough spice to make up for the fact that you're fishing.