Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando PlayStation 2

9.1

1. Nov 9, 2012
    The gameplay is masterful and the story is as good as the original. This is simply a great game that all ps2 owners should experience.
  2. Mar 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is good game , but Ratchet & Clank better than Ratchet & Clank 2 . Very Very good graphics for 2003 , funny gameplay , interesting storyline and good levels . Many diffrent weapon . Good game . 8/10 Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2011
    Even though it's not much different than its predecessor, Going Commando is full of action-packed gameplay, weapons and gadgets, intriguing level designs, and perfect graphics to make it almost funner than the first of the series.
  4. Oct 22, 2016
    Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando is a action-adventure platform videogame, developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ Creative Weapons
    + Fun Gameplay
    + Variety Gameplay
    + Character and Weapons Progression
  5. Jan 6, 2016
    The second instalment of the Ratchet and Clank series manages to even improve on its awesome predecessor. The game adds the vital abilities to strafe and upgrade weapons, innovations that would go on to dominate the gameplay of Ratchet and Clank games to come for years. Whilst the story isn't quite as gripping, it's improved gameplay is impossible to ignore.
  6. Dec 26, 2013
    Everything that Ratchet & Clank did, Going Commando does better, and the tweaks and additions just goes higher. Shooting with crazy weapons have never felt so awesome.
  7. Mar 13, 2012
    Im... Blown away. I loved the first game. Insomniac did GREAT with this game! Graphics are perfect for PS2, voices are well done, story is great. This blew me away. Cant wait for more titles in this series. Insomniac has ALWAYS impressed me. Spyro 1,2 and 3 blew me away and i STILL play them to this day. This series is the same. Way later on however, all 4 one comes out on PS3... not good.
  8. Jun 20, 2013
    My childhood favorite game I miss playing it but i'm to old for it known at least.Very good game its one of those where no matter what age you are you will enjoy it.
  9. Sep 17, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded is an enjoyable game. The graphics are sharp and the game play is an improvement from the original; better firefights and game play elements like exploring moons, collecting crystals to trade in for bolts, battle arena's and using the Tractor Beam Gadget to solve puzzles. There are meatier weapons like the Lava Gun and the Bouncer to play with and funRatchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded is an enjoyable game. The graphics are sharp and the game play is an improvement from the original; better firefights and game play elements like exploring moons, collecting crystals to trade in for bolts, battle arena's and using the Tractor Beam Gadget to solve puzzles. There are meatier weapons like the Lava Gun and the Bouncer to play with and fun to use. New gadgets like the Electrolyzer and the Infiltrator make up for some interesting mini-games to get through a locked door or raising a bridge. I also like the plot although the first one's plot is better. I also didn't like the final boss although altogether, this game has better boss battles than the first game. There is also added RPG elements to the game where with daily usage of a weapon, you can upgrade it to a more powerful version of that weapon which is a nice touch. The game can get hard towards the end of the game that can become annoying. However, Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded is a fantastic game that everyone who loved Ratchet and Clank will enjoy. Expand
  10. Mar 14, 2016
    I had a lot of fun with this game, but I couldn't get into it as much as I did other PS2 classics like the Jak and Daxter games. Still a great game up there with the best of it's generation.
  11. Mar 29, 2012
    Before I state my overall opinion, let me just say that this is a very tough game. It could be frustratingly difficult for some and ridiculously easy for others. Now for the actual review: The gameplay, graphics, and weapons are all awesome. The levels are excellently designed. What's the con? The story. The game has a very forgettable story. But with such an excellent game like this, thatBefore I state my overall opinion, let me just say that this is a very tough game. It could be frustratingly difficult for some and ridiculously easy for others. Now for the actual review: The gameplay, graphics, and weapons are all awesome. The levels are excellently designed. What's the con? The story. The game has a very forgettable story. But with such an excellent game like this, that is a very minor flaw. A must for PS2 game collectors, and a pure representation of what gaming should be. Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2015
    After the original Ratchet and Clank being a brilliant game, there was bound to be a sequel. Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded (Going Commando in US) is not only the best game on the PlayStation 2, it's the best game ever made. The story continues from the first game, and you start the game working for Abercrombie Fizzwidget, trying to kill the Thugs-4-Less crew and stop theAfter the original Ratchet and Clank being a brilliant game, there was bound to be a sequel. Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded (Going Commando in US) is not only the best game on the PlayStation 2, it's the best game ever made. The story continues from the first game, and you start the game working for Abercrombie Fizzwidget, trying to kill the Thugs-4-Less crew and stop the production of deadly but cute creatures called Protopets. The whole campaign is full of great humour and funny moments, Captain Qwark being particularly the funniest character. You start on cool weapons that become even cooler by upgrades, turning them into more powerful weapons with 'Heavy' put in front of their name. (Lancer becomes Heavy Lancer) Once you finish the game, you can buy even more powerful versions of your weapons with 'Mega' or 'Ultra' put in front of their name. The game is generally challenging, but not in a frustrating way. You actually know that you failed for a reason (unlike Flappy Bird) and can try again to get better. For the time (2003), the graphics look very good (better than the first) and look even better in the recently released Ratchet and Clank Trilogy. The sound effects are fun and memorable, and the same goes for the excellent music soundtrack. There is an area in the game, Planet Joba, which has Megacorp Games, a place where you face off against waves of enemies and bosses, under certain restrictions. Another area has Hoverbike Racing to take part in. Both of these areas are great fun, and they control very well too (just like the rest of the game). Several segments of the game have you playing as Clank, Ratchet's robot companion. In his missions, you do more of the same platforming that Ratchet does, but certain doors or jump pads require help from other robot friends you find throughout his missions. After you complete all objectives on Planet Dobbo, a small teleporter to a battle will unlock, where you play as a massive Clank trying to destroy a massive version of a boss. Other sections include spaceship battles, where you get to a new area, but have to fight off the enemy forces in flight. All planets are available to explore at any time during the game. You can also customise your ship at Slim Cognito's Ship Shack, where you can give your ship a different nose model or change the style of paint on it. Once you complete the game, you can do it again in Challenge Mode, where you go through the game as normal, but you keep all of your weapons and have the ability to buy Mega and Ultra weapons, as mentioned before. All weapons are very creative, including one that turns enemies into sheep. You always have your signature wrench. My favourite weapon is also the most overpowered one, the RYNO 2. Puzzles are a chunk of the game too, and they're quite frustrating but very satisfying and fun. There are a few Easter Eggs as well, the most noticeable one being Ratchet playing the first Ratchet and Clank game on the start screen, while Clank reads a book. However, there is another secret which is a button code for a demo of Sly Cooper. Overall, Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded/Going Commando is the best game of the 2000s, the best game on the PS2, and most importantly, the best game ever made (in my opinion). It has an entertaining story, great controls and gameplay, good graphics, funny humour and characters, plenty of reasons to finish it a second time in Challenge Mode, and tons of things to do besides the main story. Expand
  13. Feb 27, 2012
    I honestly believe that there isn't anything in this game you can say bad about! When I first played this game I was awe-struck, and was immediately hooked! Extremely fun, very well made, amazing worlds and maps, creative and awesome weapons, and an addictive story! I LOVE the characters!! Rachet & Clank forever!
  14. Jun 10, 2015
    When I get around to it, I'll write a much more detailed, fanboy-ish review for the game. In short, the game is much better than the first, which is quite a statement. The first game was fantastic, but the controls and checkpoints really let the game down from being perfect. This game is oozing with nostalgia and everyone who owned a PS2 knows the feeling of booting this game up after soWhen I get around to it, I'll write a much more detailed, fanboy-ish review for the game. In short, the game is much better than the first, which is quite a statement. The first game was fantastic, but the controls and checkpoints really let the game down from being perfect. This game is oozing with nostalgia and everyone who owned a PS2 knows the feeling of booting this game up after so long. If you own a PS2 or even a PS3, you must play this game ASAP. It's a masterpiece. Expand
  15. Sep 11, 2012
    I Love it! the weapons the gadgets, the arena battles everything!
  16. May 7, 2012
    Words can not express on how amazing this game is. One of the best OST's in gaming. Creative futuristic weapons and great characters. A great bonus re-play ability after you beat the game too.
  17. Aug 8, 2011
    The best Ratchet and Clank out of the first 3? Definitely. The storyline is good, the weapons are AMAZING and the locations for the missions are great. I still find myself going back to play it, even now!
  18. Apr 6, 2012
    The game has much more content added compared to the first game and has great gameplay and story. The game has a unique weapon upgrade system where you can upgrade your weapons and armor making you want to try and upgrade everything. There is a lot of hidden content in the game too. After you beat the game, you can replay the game and buy more advanced weapons. Over all the game is aThe game has much more content added compared to the first game and has great gameplay and story. The game has a unique weapon upgrade system where you can upgrade your weapons and armor making you want to try and upgrade everything. There is a lot of hidden content in the game too. After you beat the game, you can replay the game and buy more advanced weapons. Over all the game is a unique experience everyone should try out. Expand
  19. Mar 19, 2016
    Im speechless about this game, this is a huge touchdown, im glad this sequel had more to offer,the gameplay was extremely difficult and it was very fun,
  20. 4DI
    Dec 4, 2012
    A perfect example of how a sequel should be. BOSS.
  21. Apr 20, 2011
    Didnt like it quite as much as the first game but its still an amazing game.
  22. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    This might be the best game ever made if you love 3rd person platforming. The soul of this game can only be beat by the first game. I think I've never pun more hours in to any other game I've ever played and it sure is the golden gem of the Ps2 area.
  23. Jan 22, 2013
    I think, that the game is great, but it isn't the best Ratchet & Clank game. Gameplay, the controls and weapons are better, than in a predecessor. The levels aren't as creative as in Ratchet & Clank (1), and themes of levels are not very variable. The plot is great and has good comedy in it. Characters are wacky, but in the original R&C, the characters were better developed. A very goodI think, that the game is great, but it isn't the best Ratchet & Clank game. Gameplay, the controls and weapons are better, than in a predecessor. The levels aren't as creative as in Ratchet & Clank (1), and themes of levels are not very variable. The plot is great and has good comedy in it. Characters are wacky, but in the original R&C, the characters were better developed. A very good sequel and it deserves the praise it has. Expand
  24. Feb 21, 2016
    Can't decide which is better this one or 3. This being the more original one with the most new ideas I'll have to give it to this one. The games are just fun they aren't attempting to be ultra realistic or ground breaking there main focus is for the player to have a good time with the great humour, colourful graphics, array of weapons and mini games in the world.
  25. Oct 28, 2014
    It actually took me a while to come up with the words necessary to describe my feelings for this game. How about this: "It's my favorite game of all time." Yeah, that'll do.

All joking aside, oh my good god this game is something else. Literally everything wrong with its predecessor has been reworked into something truly beautiful. The guns are some of the best that this series has seen yet (and as a series with a heavy emphasis on gunplay, that's saying something). One of the best parts is that the best weapons aren't your "typical" weapons. An issue with a lot of Ratchet games is that the most efficient weapons are ones that draw parallels to real life guns, like rocket launchers, machine guns, shotguns, and what-have-you. Ratchet and Clank 2 doesn't suffer from this issue; while those weapons are there, they can't hold a candle to the weapons you get later in the game, like a glove that throws out automated turrets that fire lasers at enemies, a gun that fires out a searing hot ball of plasma that shocks nearby enemies and explodes upon impact, a gun that shoots out molten lava, a grenade launcher which launches one large bomb that explodes and releases tons of smaller bombs; so many creative ideas for weapons, it's ridiculous.

As well as regular gunplay, there's also bike racing (which is like Mario Kart except fun), space combat (with numerous missions and excellent controls, as well as an upgradable ship), and Clank levels (where you send your robot companion Clank through short RTS-like levels). The presentation is excellent, too, featuring memorable levels like a space casino, a warehouse floating in the sky, a weapons factory overrun with mutant squirrels, and a chemical factory, and a delightful soundtrack that has many different genres of music to it.
  26. Oct 12, 2016
    The best game ever, awesome RPG elements, fantastic humor, great and varied weapons, perfect controls, awesome graphics, great level design, and amazing music. **** ReCore. That average shooter/platformer is nowhere near as good as this masterpiece.
  27. Mar 23, 2015
    Going Commando is just pure destructive platforming fun with cool weapons, enjoyable puzzles and great originality. It's also full of fun humor. I wouldn't recommend this to younger players, though, because it's actually a difficult game. I wish checkpoints and save points were a lot more frequent. And the spaceship battles suck. Otherwise, a great effort.
  28. Jan 28, 2017
    The first Ratchet and Clank game was a beauty that folks were unsure Insomniac would be able to top. Then Going Commando came out and blew everybody's minds. It does everything the first did, but better, and with more. As well as fixes some of the issues the original had. The game now pauses when using the weapon wheel, so you're not open to cheap shots while switching weapons. Ratchet'sThe first Ratchet and Clank game was a beauty that folks were unsure Insomniac would be able to top. Then Going Commando came out and blew everybody's minds. It does everything the first did, but better, and with more. As well as fixes some of the issues the original had. The game now pauses when using the weapon wheel, so you're not open to cheap shots while switching weapons. Ratchet's double jump feels a lot more acrobatic and carries a lot more momentum than it did in the first game. Both Ratchet and the camera move a lot quicker this time around so everything is just so much smoother now. And the real godsend among all of these improvements is the implementation of straving. Graphically it's improved too. With bigger worlds and a more bombastic soundtrack. Enemies have also been beefed up, but it's okay because so have your weapons. They're much bigger, louder, and more destructive than the first game could ever hope to be. And you have more of them too! And if you have an R&C1 save, you get a few of the weapons from the first game for free, which is a sweet bonus. But I'm not done yet. Insomniac threw in some RPG elements which now allows you to gain experience with every kill so you can upgrade your health and weapons to be able to consistently stand up to the enemies which grow tougher and tougher with every planet. And there are a lot of planets in this game. When weapons upgrade, their destructive power can become beyond comprehension, and using the platinum bolts that are scattered throughout the levels, you can mod them. That way they can effectively cause damage in more ways than one. By half way through the third act of this game, you feel like a badass leaving a trail of smoldering hot wreckage in your wake wherever you go. There are around four major difficulty spikes at major parts points in the game that if noobs don't buy armor, they're gonna find difficult to handle. Of course if you feel tough, you can prove your manhood by attempting a no-armor run. Mad respect if you accomplish said feat. The gadgets make a return too and do just as good of a job at mixing up gameplay as they did in Ratchet and Clank 1. Also making an appearance in this game is what Insomniac calls "maxi games" they're like mini games. Only on a scale that's anything but mini. You got adrenaline pumped hoverbike racing, intense spaceship battles which you can trick out your ride to perform better and better in, giant Clank sections which were also in R&C1 in which you can duke it out with gigantic bosses, and grueling arena battles which throw wave after wave of enemies for you to mercilessly slaughter to your heart's content. All of these award you more bolts to buy more stuff to make yourself that much more destructive. Everything in this game feels like it's on such a huge scale, and there's just so much to do in it. Throw in the more puzzle / strategy based Clank sections and glider sections along with the two sandbox worlds and all the other things the game offers for you to do, and you have a package that is practically bursting at the seems with content. And it doesn't even stop there because in Challenge Mode (new game plus) you can purchase mega versions of your upgraded weapons so you can upgrade them AGAIN to make them EVEN MORE devastating against the enemies that now in challenge mode are EVEN MORE vicious! The game is unrelenting in throwing every single little thing it has at you, and if you manage to complete it 100% it has one of the sweetest bonus features ever. The Insomniac Museum, in which you can view and play around with cut content from the first and second game, as well as learn a thing or two about their development cycle. You can even access the testing level, like how sweet is all of this?! Insomniac set the bar with Ratchet and Clank, and then proceeded to shatter that bar with Going Commando in a way few sequels are able to do. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando is a game with so much content, so much replay value, as well as a story, (holy **** I forgot to mention the story) that twists and turns quite a few times and actually throws you for a few loops, which is more than I can say for R&C1. And with more characters that play bigger more involved roles, returning favorites, your feel like your a part of something bigger the whole time. The writing is witty with a focus on comedy. It comes out to be quite the biting satire on consumerism which the early R&C games eventually become known for. With all of these things packed on one singular DVD, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando is guaranteed to rip you a new one. 10/10 Expand
  29. Dec 20, 2014
    Very fun game. Besides the annoying as hell space battles, this is very fun. The RYNO II, Zodiac, and much more. Hell, even the armor is great. However, the space battles are tedious.
  30. Dec 29, 2011
    me encanta, es el mejor juego de playstation 2 de toda la historia, lo amo.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#10 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#32 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Once you start this one you'll have a hard time putting it down - I found myself playing longer just to see the next weapon upgrade I'd get - it's like Christmas all over again!
    I don’t think you have to be into platformer’s to enjoy this game which shows how much depth it offers - liked the first one? You’ll love the second!
  3. The controls, the learning curve, the difficulty, and the story all make this game possible to be enjoyed by gamers of almost any age without feeling overwhelmed or underwhelmed. I seriously can't say enough good things about this game.