Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando PlayStation 2

9.2

1. May 7, 2012
    Words can not express on how amazing this game is. One of the best OST's in gaming. Creative futuristic weapons and great characters. A great bonus re-play ability after you beat the game too.
  2. BobT.
    Nov 30, 2003
    I don't think it's really fair to consider the two low votes for this game in the average. In fact, go ahead and don't consider two high votes as well because then you will get a good idea of how good this game is. This is easily a 94 or 95 score game that has been tanked by two publications that cannot accept or understand it. I, like others before me, give it a 10 . . . I don't think it's really fair to consider the two low votes for this game in the average. In fact, go ahead and don't consider two high votes as well because then you will get a good idea of how good this game is. This is easily a 94 or 95 score game that has been tanked by two publications that cannot accept or understand it. I, like others before me, give it a 10 . . . and I don't just hand out such a score. Expand
  3. RatchetClank
    Nov 13, 2003
    This game is amazing! The levels are gorgeous, the spherical worlds are unbelievable, and the maxi-games rock hardcore! This is possibly one of the best games ever, im not kidding!
  4. JonathanF.
    Dec 25, 2003
    All right I've only been playing this for about 20 minutes but from that I know that it is GOOD. Much better than the original; when I first saw the Gravity Bomb -- oooh it's a nice weapon. But the Lancer has a touch of the Jak 2 Blaster about it ... hmm well it need not worry. RC2 is the best PS2 platformer EVER. Below it, RC and J2 are tied, then J&D after that. I especially All right I've only been playing this for about 20 minutes but from that I know that it is GOOD. Much better than the original; when I first saw the Gravity Bomb -- oooh it's a nice weapon. But the Lancer has a touch of the Jak 2 Blaster about it ... hmm well it need not worry. RC2 is the best PS2 platformer EVER. Below it, RC and J2 are tied, then J&D after that. I especially like the way the more you kill kill kill the stronger you get get get. Makes a nice change from recent games where being as stealthy as possible earns you a better mission score -- Missions? What's a Mission? I don't know - 'cos this is just plain free-roaming blasting MADNESS. 10/10, 100/100, Rating A, whatever you want to call it, it's good :) Expand
  5. HansM.
    Jan 3, 2005
    R&C rulez!!!!!
  6. Mimmgirlm
    Jul 22, 2005
    THis is also called Locked and Loaded in other places isn't it? If it is, jeez. I LOVEEEEYYY thisy gamey!!!!!
  7. Sep 17, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded is an enjoyable game. The graphics are sharp and the game play is an improvement from the original; better firefights and game play elements like exploring moons, collecting crystals to trade in for bolts, battle arena's and using the Tractor Beam Gadget to solve puzzles. There are meatier weapons like the Lava Gun and the Bouncer to play with and funRatchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded is an enjoyable game. The graphics are sharp and the game play is an improvement from the original; better firefights and game play elements like exploring moons, collecting crystals to trade in for bolts, battle arena's and using the Tractor Beam Gadget to solve puzzles. There are meatier weapons like the Lava Gun and the Bouncer to play with and fun to use. New gadgets like the Electrolyzer and the Infiltrator make up for some interesting mini-games to get through a locked door or raising a bridge. I also like the plot although the first one's plot is better. I also didn't like the final boss although altogether, this game has better boss battles than the first game. There is also added RPG elements to the game where with daily usage of a weapon, you can upgrade it to a more powerful version of that weapon which is a nice touch. The game can get hard towards the end of the game that can become annoying. However, Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded is a fantastic game that everyone who loved Ratchet and Clank will enjoy. Expand
  8. Apr 11, 2011
    Even though it's not much different than its predecessor, Going Commando is full of action-packed gameplay, weapons and gadgets, intriguing level designs, and perfect graphics to make it almost funner than the first of the series.
  9. Mar 29, 2012
    Before I state my overall opinion, let me just say that this is a very tough game. It could be frustratingly difficult for some and ridiculously easy for others. Now for the actual review: The gameplay, graphics, and weapons are all awesome. The levels are excellently designed. What's the con? The story. The game has a very forgettable story. But with such an excellent game like this, thatBefore I state my overall opinion, let me just say that this is a very tough game. It could be frustratingly difficult for some and ridiculously easy for others. Now for the actual review: The gameplay, graphics, and weapons are all awesome. The levels are excellently designed. What's the con? The story. The game has a very forgettable story. But with such an excellent game like this, that is a very minor flaw. A must for PS2 game collectors, and a pure representation of what gaming should be. Expand
  10. Sep 11, 2012
    I Love it! the weapons the gadgets, the arena battles everything!
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    The gameplay is masterful and the story is as good as the original. This is simply a great game that all ps2 owners should experience.
  12. 4DI
    Dec 4, 2012
    A perfect example of how a sequel should be. BOSS.
  13. Dec 26, 2013
    Everything that Ratchet & Clank did, Going Commando does better, and the tweaks and additions just goes higher. Shooting with crazy weapons have never felt so awesome.
  14. Dec 20, 2014
    Very fun game. Besides the annoying as hell space battles, this is very fun. The RYNO II, Zodiac, and much more. Hell, even the armor is great. However, the space battles are tedious.
  15. Jan 19, 2015
    After the original Ratchet and Clank being a brilliant game, there was bound to be a sequel. Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded (Going Commando in US) is not only the best game on the PlayStation 2, it's the best game ever made. The story continues from the first game, and you start the game working for Abercrombie Fizzwidget, trying to kill the Thugs-4-Less crew and stop theAfter the original Ratchet and Clank being a brilliant game, there was bound to be a sequel. Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded (Going Commando in US) is not only the best game on the PlayStation 2, it's the best game ever made. The story continues from the first game, and you start the game working for Abercrombie Fizzwidget, trying to kill the Thugs-4-Less crew and stop the production of deadly but cute creatures called Protopets. The whole campaign is full of great humour and funny moments, Captain Qwark being particularly the funniest character. You start on cool weapons that become even cooler by upgrades, turning them into more powerful weapons with 'Heavy' put in front of their name. (Lancer becomes Heavy Lancer) Once you finish the game, you can buy even more powerful versions of your weapons with 'Mega' or 'Ultra' put in front of their name. The game is generally challenging, but not in a frustrating way. You actually know that you failed for a reason (unlike Flappy Bird) and can try again to get better. For the time (2003), the graphics look very good (better than the first) and look even better in the recently released Ratchet and Clank Trilogy. The sound effects are fun and memorable, and the same goes for the excellent music soundtrack. There is an area in the game, Planet Joba, which has Megacorp Games, a place where you face off against waves of enemies and bosses, under certain restrictions. Another area has Hoverbike Racing to take part in. Both of these areas are great fun, and they control very well too (just like the rest of the game). Several segments of the game have you playing as Clank, Ratchet's robot companion. In his missions, you do more of the same platforming that Ratchet does, but certain doors or jump pads require help from other robot friends you find throughout his missions. After you complete all objectives on Planet Dobbo, a small teleporter to a battle will unlock, where you play as a massive Clank trying to destroy a massive version of a boss. Other sections include spaceship battles, where you get to a new area, but have to fight off the enemy forces in flight. All planets are available to explore at any time during the game. You can also customise your ship at Slim Cognito's Ship Shack, where you can give your ship a different nose model or change the style of paint on it. Once you complete the game, you can do it again in Challenge Mode, where you go through the game as normal, but you keep all of your weapons and have the ability to buy Mega and Ultra weapons, as mentioned before. All weapons are very creative, including one that turns enemies into sheep. You always have your signature wrench. My favourite weapon is also the most overpowered one, the RYNO 2. Puzzles are a chunk of the game too, and they're quite frustrating but very satisfying and fun. There are a few Easter Eggs as well, the most noticeable one being Ratchet playing the first Ratchet and Clank game on the start screen, while Clank reads a book. However, there is another secret which is a button code for a demo of Sly Cooper. Overall, Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded/Going Commando is the best game of the 2000s, the best game on the PS2, and most importantly, the best game ever made (in my opinion). It has an entertaining story, great controls and gameplay, good graphics, funny humour and characters, plenty of reasons to finish it a second time in Challenge Mode, and tons of things to do besides the main story. Expand
  16. AnonymousMC
    Nov 8, 2003
    HEY GUYS!
    I PLAYED THIS GAME IN A DEMO DISC I GOT FROM WAL-MART. IT WAS LIKE $5.OO. IT IS THE DEMO DISC DOR WINTER 2003.
    ANYWAY,
    FROM THE DEMO, THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. THE GRAPHICS ARE STUNNING AND THE WEAPONS ARE INCREDIBLE. BASICALLY, THE GAME IS BLOWING SHIT UP WITH A STORYLINE. IT ROCKS.

2 FINAL WORDS...
    GET IT!!!!
  17. MasterShoNuff
    Oct 29, 2003
    The first game is among the greatest, most inventive platformers of all time. Virtually every 3D platformer (including Jak II) will borrow ideas from it. Just from playing the demo and reading reviews of the new game, it will have just as big of an impact. Hopefully it will have more story as well, which was surprisingly good in the first (especially when clank saw his mom... i nearly The first game is among the greatest, most inventive platformers of all time. Virtually every 3D platformer (including Jak II) will borrow ideas from it. Just from playing the demo and reading reviews of the new game, it will have just as big of an impact. Hopefully it will have more story as well, which was surprisingly good in the first (especially when clank saw his mom... i nearly cried). so give this game a chance, resist buying the same old sports game or mindlessly violent piece of crap. Expand
  18. Mar 13, 2012
    Im... Blown away. I loved the first game. Insomniac did GREAT with this game! Graphics are perfect for PS2, voices are well done, story is great. This blew me away. Cant wait for more titles in this series. Insomniac has ALWAYS impressed me. Spyro 1,2 and 3 blew me away and i STILL play them to this day. This series is the same. Way later on however, all 4 one comes out on PS3... not good.
  19. Jan 22, 2013
    I think, that the game is great, but it isn't the best Ratchet & Clank game. Gameplay, the controls and weapons are better, than in a predecessor. The levels aren't as creative as in Ratchet & Clank (1), and themes of levels are not very variable. The plot is great and has good comedy in it. Characters are wacky, but in the original R&C, the characters were better developed. A very goodI think, that the game is great, but it isn't the best Ratchet & Clank game. Gameplay, the controls and weapons are better, than in a predecessor. The levels aren't as creative as in Ratchet & Clank (1), and themes of levels are not very variable. The plot is great and has good comedy in it. Characters are wacky, but in the original R&C, the characters were better developed. A very good sequel and it deserves the praise it has. Expand
  20. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    This might be the best game ever made if you love 3rd person platforming. The soul of this game can only be beat by the first game. I think I've never pun more hours in to any other game I've ever played and it sure is the golden gem of the Ps2 area.
  21. TravisM.
    Nov 14, 2003
    This game looks amazing. I can't wait until it comes out and I can play it. This one looks better then the first one but we'll have to wait and see.
  22. TravisM.
    Nov 14, 2003
  23. DannyR.
    Nov 18, 2003
    The Ratchet and Clank game the first one was very good because of the graffics and the game play. I am a good fan for your game and I hope that Ratchet and Clank going commando is even better than the original one. THANK U FOR AN AMAZING GAME!!!!! montreal ciao
  24. --RaZmuZ--
    Nov 21, 2003
    This is the f...ing best game i tried!!!! maximum points to that!!!!
  25. GeorgeR.
    Nov 25, 2003
    One of the best games ive played in a long time, that is since the last ratchet and clank. totally awesome game!!
  26. JoeJ.
    Nov 21, 2003
    This game rules over 50 weapons and gadgets awesome graphics addictive good story and gameplay plus you get to blow $&*% UP!
  27. Yoavben-dov
    Nov 29, 2003
    This is a great game and is long to!!!
  28. MarkT.
    Dec 26, 2003
    Better than the first Ratchet and Clank in every way, Going Commando may be my one of my favorite games. Loads of new gameplay- now you can glide, levitate, speed bike, go on space firefights with your ship, and even go in gladiator fights with hoards of enemies. And no, the first game didn't have any of these. Enemy A.I. has been increased, when a nearby enemy has been hit, they Better than the first Ratchet and Clank in every way, Going Commando may be my one of my favorite games. Loads of new gameplay- now you can glide, levitate, speed bike, go on space firefights with your ship, and even go in gladiator fights with hoards of enemies. And no, the first game didn't have any of these. Enemy A.I. has been increased, when a nearby enemy has been hit, they stop what they're doing and scan the area. Some board other enemies or go to a turret and require you to use the correct strategies and guns to beat them, and using your ratchet as a last resort. With that said, the game gets more difficult as you progress. But, you get newer weapons, armor, and life to help you out. Much different that the last one. Bolts increase and weapon crates decrease as you progress. The new RPG style may be the best part of this sequel. You gain expansions to you health bar with the more enemies you defeat. The more you use weapons, the closer they get to evolving into even better weapons. And MODs can be bought for these weapons! The engine is also wonderful. Whether you're exploring a spherical planet or fighting 4 missle-launching enemies, there is little to no slowdown. Uniforturnatly, the graphics look virtually like the previous game. Going Commando delivers all the fun of a Platformer and the deepness of an RPG into one awesome package. Buy now. Expand
  29. DannyS.
    Dec 6, 2003
    This game is the best game ever made it rocks and it kicks f... ass.
  30. TerakD.
    Dec 5, 2003
    This game is trully amazing. Anyone thinking of buying a game should no definatly buy this game. This game is one in a 1 000 000. I really kid you not. Buy this game, amazing, loads-of-levels, COOL!!

#12 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#34 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Once you start this one you'll have a hard time putting it down - I found myself playing longer just to see the next weapon upgrade I'd get - it's like Christmas all over again!
    I don’t think you have to be into platformer’s to enjoy this game which shows how much depth it offers - liked the first one? You’ll love the second!
  3. The controls, the learning curve, the difficulty, and the story all make this game possible to be enjoyed by gamers of almost any age without feeling overwhelmed or underwhelmed. I seriously can't say enough good things about this game.