9.4

1. Nov 14, 2010
    The greatest game I've ever played. If you like adventure games or platformers you will forever miss out if you don't play this game. I've played through it 10 times and completed it to 100% 3 times and it never got boring once. Best in the series far and away and that's saying something considering this is one of the premier series in gaming for the last 2 generations.
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    The game has even more content than it's predecessor. It's a very fun platformer/shooter game with a unique upgrade system. The story and game play are very enjoyable and the game has a lot of hiddent content. After you beat the game, you can replay it and upgrade your weapons even further. The game is a very good game I'd recommend for everybody.
  3. May 7, 2012
    The best Ratchet and Clank game in the series to date. It even added Multiplayer back when it wasn't that hot in the PS2. An amazing story/platformer with like-able characters new and old. Great soundtrack and has the best weapons in gaming.
  4. DME
    Oct 22, 2010
    [MINOR SPOILERS] The series hits it's climax with this game. It's too bad that the later games in the series arent' as good. It's absolutely LOADED with comedy, including crude, dark, slapstick, and even dry humor. The game mechanics are PERFECT for once. Players can now lock the strafing ability, turn to First-Person mode (FPS fans rejoice) and can customize camera speed and[MINOR SPOILERS] The series hits it's climax with this game. It's too bad that the later games in the series arent' as good. It's absolutely LOADED with comedy, including crude, dark, slapstick, and even dry humor. The game mechanics are PERFECT for once. Players can now lock the strafing ability, turn to First-Person mode (FPS fans rejoice) and can customize camera speed and rotation. The new Gadgetron Max-Out button saves a ton of time (instead of buying ammunition for each and every gun of yours, you can click a single button to max out ALL ammo needed for the appropriate price). There are also lots of bonus (optional) missions, secrets, special bolts, skill points, and more! And there is great replay value, too! When the game is over, the player may choose to rewind time to just before the final boss, or continue to "Challenge Mode" (a feature that was in the older R&C) where you get to keep all of your weapons... except now, you get to UPGRADE them farther! Enemies get more challenging, etc. Multiplayer: This is a brand new feature in R&C. I have not played online (no network adapter) but offline multiplayer was a blast! Up to 4 players can compete in Seige (my favorite), Capture the Flag, and Deathmatch. You go teams on all of them or free-for-all on Deathmatch. There are plenty of multiplayer-exclusive stages and weapons. Overall, this a an amazing game. I admit... blood would be nice... but if you can deal with fantasy violence, then you should definitely look into this. Expand
  5. Dec 6, 2010
    Ratchet & Clank 3 is an awesome game. This game provides entertainment with more wacky weapons, lovely graphics and a hilarious but evil antagonist. The game is just like the other two games, a Platformer with Third Person Shooter elements with the focus on blowing the s*** out of everything you see with ridiculous weapons. The 2 lovable protagonists, Ratchet and Clank are back and readyRatchet & Clank 3 is an awesome game. This game provides entertainment with more wacky weapons, lovely graphics and a hilarious but evil antagonist. The game is just like the other two games, a Platformer with Third Person Shooter elements with the focus on blowing the s*** out of everything you see with ridiculous weapons. The 2 lovable protagonists, Ratchet and Clank are back and ready to kick some butt. The game play has improved from the previous game with new gadgets to try out like the Refractor which in turn, can be used to solve some interesting puzzles. The hypershot gadget is a neat idea because it combines the Dynamo gadget and the Swingshot (from the previous game). A good thing improved with the Hypershot (Swingshot) is that you don't have to manually select the gadget before grabbing onto a Hypershot target and swinging across; you just need to press the fire button (even if you holding a selected weapon) and the Hypershot will automatically latch onto the target. The The combat is definitely fast and frantic and never seems to slow down. The weapons that you have at your disposal are very well designed and pack a punch and these weapons can be upgraded as you use them but unlike Locked and Loaded, these weapons can be upgraded to Level 5. Each weapon upgrade either adds a mod to the weapon or increases their damage and this system cleverly makes you use each gun and experiment with their purposes. The new gadgets called the Tyhrraguise and the Hacker can be used to unlock doors. The Tyhrraguise adds a bit of stealth to the Ratchet & Clank game play in which Ratchet activates the disguise and becomes a Tyhrranoid (one of the main enemies that are loyal to the games main antagonist, Dr Nefarious). You walk up to a Tyhrranoid with the disguise active and try to persuade him to disable a force field or lower a bridge so you can move on. You pursuade the tyhrranoid by completing a quick time event and pressing the right buttons at the right time which are shown on a reel at the bottom of the screen. The way the tyhrranoids communicate with each other is hilarious: They pop, they bobble and they burp at each other! The hacker introduces another minigame where you have to stop these red pieces from getting to the core by destroying them while capturing green pieces to override the lock mechanism to the door or what ever your trying to hack into. This minigame is simple but original. Another thing that is awesome in this game is the inclusion of Qwark Vid Comics which tell the story of Captain Qwarks long lasting battle against Dr Nefarious. The Qwark Vid Comics game play resemble a 2D side scrolling shooter which you play as Captain Qwark and have one simple goal. Get to the end of the level and shoot anything that's in your way. Game play is different to the platform/shooter bits found when playing as Ratchet which is a nice change. These Vid Comics are so fun to play and it's just awesome to see the conflict between Qwark and Nefarious presented by comic book style cutscenes with a funny narrative. The series trademark humor has not been lost in this game with some funny cutscenes to drive the story. In the parts you play as Clank are fun to play with more enthuses on avoiding hazards. Clank has to avoid lasers and enemy security with the the help of Clank's sidekick from the Secret Agent Clank TV series who is a monkey. Using the Banana gun, Clank can shoot banana's and lure the monkey (depending where the banana lands) into swinging across a pipe to step on a button to activate a bridge for Clank to cross or to activate the security alarm and draw the enemies fire away so you can sneak by. This game play mechanic at least gives us something fresh and innovative The main antagonist, Dr Nefarious may seem mischievous and serious at first but then he has a comical side to him and this is reflected by him sometimes overloading (he's a robot) and picking up funny radio waves then being slapped to snap him out of it and then having no memory of the overload! He's so funny and such a great villain. The boss battles are just as epic as ever although they are pretty simple to defeat: Just avoid their attacks and shoot the cr** out of them. The flying missions have been kept to a minimum (thank god) because they were just so boring in the previous game. The frantic game play that this game holds continues with arena based challenges which provide... well a challenge with various hazards to tackle while you fight waves of aggressive enemies which can helpfully, earn you bolts to buy ammo and weapons. Just to mention the graphics: There not a huge step up from the previous game but the environments are quite huge in scope and the character models are nicely rendered. I experienced very little slowdown too despite a lot of things going on at once. One more thing: The music rocks! Ratchet & Clank 3 is a brilliant and well designed platformer/shooter in my own opinion Expand
  6. Nov 7, 2011
    Undeniable brilliancev in graphics and gameplay but I don't know, this one was my least favourite early R&C game. I think it was the story and how unfair it was to Ratchet plus I hate Sasha but I still want to cut it some slack so I'll give it a 7.
  7. Aug 8, 2011
    Although R+C 2 is the best of the first three, this is'nt too far behind! The storyline is the best of the first three, the weapons and armour are phenomenal and everything else is great about it. Buy it, if you can find a copy somewhere!
  8. Apr 11, 2011
    Slick combination of the 3rd person shooter and platforming genre, Up Your Arsenal features a humorous, yet intriguing storyline, less complex, yet diverse gameplay, and perfect graphics.
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    The R&C series steps up a gear to create a game that's more funny, addictive and character-focused than any other title in the series. As is standard for the series, the weapons are unique, inventive and above all crazy. The characters in the game are a mix of many old favorites (Qwark, Al) and some new additions (Sasha, Galactic Rangers). The levels vary from lush jungles to movie sets toThe R&C series steps up a gear to create a game that's more funny, addictive and character-focused than any other title in the series. As is standard for the series, the weapons are unique, inventive and above all crazy. The characters in the game are a mix of many old favorites (Qwark, Al) and some new additions (Sasha, Galactic Rangers). The levels vary from lush jungles to movie sets to icy plains and all look stunning. Controls are tight, making the platform sections a joy to play through. Guns and armor can be upgraded many times, giving replay value. The story is the best yet, thanks in part to Dr. Nefarious. The two previous games lacked an entertaining yet threatening villain and Nefarious perfectly fits this role. The humor is great with Qwark, Nefarious and the Galactic Rangers providing the best lines. This is the most complete and satisfying R&C and is one of the best games on the PS2. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2011
    One of my favourite games of all time.
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    It takes platformers to new heights. But its not just a platformer. With just one switch of a button you have the option to play this game like a first-person shooter. Theres no going back. You simply have to play this sometime.
  12. Aug 2, 2012
    The best action/platformer you can get. Improves upon its predecessors in every way. The story is engaging, the combat is satisfying and there is much replayability. Multiplayer, too? Heck yeah. You are missing out if you don't try this masterpiece.
  13. Feb 27, 2012
    I remember eagerly awaiting this game...and then finally receiving it for my birthday. One of the absolute BEST birthday gifts I have ever received! By FAR one of the best games EVER made! This game surpasses any other on the console in its day in mu opinion. The game looked great, played great, felt great, sounded great, EVERYTHING about it was perfect and flawless! Humorous as ever, andI remember eagerly awaiting this game...and then finally receiving it for my birthday. One of the absolute BEST birthday gifts I have ever received! By FAR one of the best games EVER made! This game surpasses any other on the console in its day in mu opinion. The game looked great, played great, felt great, sounded great, EVERYTHING about it was perfect and flawless! Humorous as ever, and engaging! I never wanted to stop playing! This was one of the first games that I played over and over again. So much fun! The online was great too! Expand
  14. May 24, 2012
    This is one of my all time favorite games! I played through it so, so many times. The campain is around 40 hours if you want everything and the muiltplayer is the best in the series.
  15. Aug 31, 2012
    This chapter of the saga is proof that other shooters have much to envy. 3 is really the perfect number. This is one of the best games ever released on Playstation. MASTERPIECE!
  16. Dec 26, 2013
    THE best ratchet and clank on Playstation 2. A mixture of excellent gameplay tweaks and new activities make the third one easily the strongest game in the series and one of the best games ever. Up your arsenal entertains you with great humor, gameplay, music, story.... Truly a masterpiece.
  17. Sep 24, 2012
    The best game ever made! Move over call of duty, mario, zelda,grand theft auto, halo. this game is the definition of entertainment!
  18. Dec 23, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank 3 has a little movie that motivates you to play.
  19. Dec 5, 2013
    in many ways a good ratchet and clank game probably the best sharing it's place with a crack in time maybe even better.
    weapons are great no bad things to say about them.
    gadjets are okay armor sets are awesome as well game is long enough and the story is well worked out characters development is awesome this game changed the ratchet and clank series a lot captain qwuark becoming a
    weapons are great no bad things to say about them.
    gadjets are okay
    armor sets are awesome as well
    game is long enough and the story is well worked out
    characters development is awesome this game changed the ratchet and clank series a lot captain qwuark becoming a friend of ratchet and clank made the series much better.
    there are a lot of different characters in this game with their own personality
    the most famous villian from the ratchet series is in this game doctor nefarious
    so in short a very good game that you must have i've you like platforms or the ratchet and clank series
  20. Jul 23, 2013
    Out of the three, this is probably the funnest game in the series. I wouldn't know how much fun an adult would have, but I can guess it should still be pretty darn epic!
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    I don't have to explain why this is a good game... dgljdfhugsadlfzkjbvzifdfkjgfdjkfdfdkjfdkjfgjkfdjjkjgkjgjkjbhdifl;uvbgiludfh;lkhf
  22. Nov 26, 2013
    My favorite game of all time a great story. Lots of replay value and the comedy is top notch too bad Insomniac made all 4 one and made the characters so hideous.
  23. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is an absolute gem. It's fun, and tells a great story with great humour. If you love platformers, action-adventure or 3rd person shooters, you owe it to yourself to play this game. While veterans of the series might find it a little less challenging than the second and first games, newcomers will find lots of challenge in the main story, with challenge mode further adding replayThis game is an absolute gem. It's fun, and tells a great story with great humour. If you love platformers, action-adventure or 3rd person shooters, you owe it to yourself to play this game. While veterans of the series might find it a little less challenging than the second and first games, newcomers will find lots of challenge in the main story, with challenge mode further adding replay value. speaking of replay value, this game has a ton of it, with titanium bolts to collect, skill points to achieve and weapons to upgrade, completionists will get around 25-40 hours with this game as more than one playthrough is required. Expand
  24. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    It might not in my eyes beat the two games that came before, but it's pretty darn close. I love this game and it's my 3rd favorite game of all time. Thinking of that this game was made in one year and how little hype this game had, it absolutely stuns me how awesome it is.
  25. Oct 19, 2013
    Simply put, my favourite game of all time. Everything about it is amazing, the gameplay, the graphics, the writing is all superb. This game does not get old, I have beaten it 25 times and it is still enjoyable. GO AND BUY THIS GAME.
  26. Jan 15, 2014
    It's a Masterpiece, a must play, probably the best Ratchet & Clank for PS2. Now i have it for PS3 (because i have the Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy) and still amazes me.
  27. Aug 20, 2014
    I bought this game at the age of four and it was one of the first games I completed. Over the years of playing this game I cannot find a game better than this

Story-A
    Gameplay-A*
    Platforming-B

Oh and you get a gun that turns enemies into ducks!
  28. Apr 21, 2014
    The very best game on the PS2. Absolute classic, good story, great weapons, and just amazing gameplay.

You cannot ask for a better game. If you have a PS3, go on the PS store and buy the trilogy pack and play this diamond in the rough of gaming.
  29. Oct 8, 2014
    Best game ever. It have great gameplay, graphics and audio. I complete it more than 10 times, and that's my first PS2 game. For Ratchet and Clank i buyed the PS3.

1. An enjoyable experience worthy of the Ratchet name...even if we're hoping the next iteration of the series pushes the envelope instead of merely experimenting.
  2. One of the best of its genre, of that there is no doubt. But is it really acceptable to release a game that's so similar to the previous two that it would take the most devoted fan to spot the difference at first glance?
  3. With a sublime mix of a humorous storyline, fantastic weaponry, some pure comedy moments, and some amazingly solid platforming sections, there's very little to criticise in Ratchet and Clank 3.