9.4

1. AGuy
    Nov 3, 2004
    Personally I dont find this game to be too bad, however the very fact that "The Critics", slam Jak 3 for not changing tone shows that they dont know the meaning of the word substance. The fact Ratchet and Clanks' tone hasn't changed since it's inception shows that "The Critics", are contradicting themselves. The scores for this and Jak 3 are hideously unbalanced and make no Personally I dont find this game to be too bad, however the very fact that "The Critics", slam Jak 3 for not changing tone shows that they dont know the meaning of the word substance. The fact Ratchet and Clanks' tone hasn't changed since it's inception shows that "The Critics", are contradicting themselves. The scores for this and Jak 3 are hideously unbalanced and make no sense when you think about it. Buy Ratchet and Clank if you want to mindlessly blow stuff up, if you want a shred of subsatnce then do yourself a favour and invest in the Jak and Daxter triology. Expand
  2. IHateGames
    Oct 30, 2004
    I think Gamepro is the only reviewer to give this game an unbiased score. OPM should be ashamed of themselves for giving a platformer over a 9.0. And also, being the 3rd try should show that things are getting old and used up, so a perfect score shows that someone is scared that they have nothing to compete with XBOX this year and they are going to give evey game that comes out on PS2 a I think Gamepro is the only reviewer to give this game an unbiased score. OPM should be ashamed of themselves for giving a platformer over a 9.0. And also, being the 3rd try should show that things are getting old and used up, so a perfect score shows that someone is scared that they have nothing to compete with XBOX this year and they are going to give evey game that comes out on PS2 a good review to make up the difference. Maybe a 9.0, but a 10 is just a joke and once again OPM makes itself look like a bunch of biased jackasses that have no credability anymore. Collapse
  3. Nov 7, 2011
    Undeniable brilliancev in graphics and gameplay but I don't know, this one was my least favourite early R&C game. I think it was the story and how unfair it was to Ratchet plus I hate Sasha but I still want to cut it some slack so I'll give it a 7.
  4. JerradH.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Its a mighty awesome game, but contrary to what some of the reviewers said, the single player content did suffer due to the multiplayer addition. The racing bits are gone, the levels are shorter, the weapon selection isn't as large, the story isn't quite as fleshed out, and the overall single player length is shorter than Going Commando and the original game.

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#15 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. An enjoyable experience worthy of the Ratchet name...even if we're hoping the next iteration of the series pushes the envelope instead of merely experimenting.
  2. One of the best of its genre, of that there is no doubt. But is it really acceptable to release a game that's so similar to the previous two that it would take the most devoted fan to spot the difference at first glance?
  3. With a sublime mix of a humorous storyline, fantastic weaponry, some pure comedy moments, and some amazingly solid platforming sections, there's very little to criticise in Ratchet and Clank 3.