9.4

1. Nov 14, 2010
    The greatest game I've ever played. If you like adventure games or platformers you will forever miss out if you don't play this game. I've played through it 10 times and completed it to 100% 3 times and it never got boring once. Best in the series far and away and that's saying something considering this is one of the premier series in gaming for the last 2 generations.
  2. MikeW.
    Jan 1, 2005
    This is the one of the best games of 2004 or i have ever played BUY IT NOW !!! seriously why r u still lookin at the screen get off ur butt and got to the mall and get it now.
  3. DME
    Oct 22, 2010
    [MINOR SPOILERS] The series hits it's climax with this game. It's too bad that the later games in the series arent' as good. It's absolutely LOADED with comedy, including crude, dark, slapstick, and even dry humor. The game mechanics are PERFECT for once. Players can now lock the strafing ability, turn to First-Person mode (FPS fans rejoice) and can customize camera speed and[MINOR SPOILERS] The series hits it's climax with this game. It's too bad that the later games in the series arent' as good. It's absolutely LOADED with comedy, including crude, dark, slapstick, and even dry humor. The game mechanics are PERFECT for once. Players can now lock the strafing ability, turn to First-Person mode (FPS fans rejoice) and can customize camera speed and rotation. The new Gadgetron Max-Out button saves a ton of time (instead of buying ammunition for each and every gun of yours, you can click a single button to max out ALL ammo needed for the appropriate price). There are also lots of bonus (optional) missions, secrets, special bolts, skill points, and more! And there is great replay value, too! When the game is over, the player may choose to rewind time to just before the final boss, or continue to "Challenge Mode" (a feature that was in the older R&C) where you get to keep all of your weapons... except now, you get to UPGRADE them farther! Enemies get more challenging, etc. Multiplayer: This is a brand new feature in R&C. I have not played online (no network adapter) but offline multiplayer was a blast! Up to 4 players can compete in Seige (my favorite), Capture the Flag, and Deathmatch. You go teams on all of them or free-for-all on Deathmatch. There are plenty of multiplayer-exclusive stages and weapons. Overall, this a an amazing game. I admit... blood would be nice... but if you can deal with fantasy violence, then you should definitely look into this. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2010
    Ratchet & Clank 3 is an awesome game. This game provides entertainment with more wacky weapons, lovely graphics and a hilarious but evil antagonist. The game is just like the other two games, a Platformer with Third Person Shooter elements with the focus on blowing the s*** out of everything you see with ridiculous weapons. The 2 lovable protagonists, Ratchet and Clank are back and readyRatchet & Clank 3 is an awesome game. This game provides entertainment with more wacky weapons, lovely graphics and a hilarious but evil antagonist. The game is just like the other two games, a Platformer with Third Person Shooter elements with the focus on blowing the s*** out of everything you see with ridiculous weapons. The 2 lovable protagonists, Ratchet and Clank are back and ready to kick some butt. The game play has improved from the previous game with new gadgets to try out like the Refractor which in turn, can be used to solve some interesting puzzles. The hypershot gadget is a neat idea because it combines the Dynamo gadget and the Swingshot (from the previous game). A good thing improved with the Hypershot (Swingshot) is that you don't have to manually select the gadget before grabbing onto a Hypershot target and swinging across; you just need to press the fire button (even if you holding a selected weapon) and the Hypershot will automatically latch onto the target. The The combat is definitely fast and frantic and never seems to slow down. The weapons that you have at your disposal are very well designed and pack a punch and these weapons can be upgraded as you use them but unlike Locked and Loaded, these weapons can be upgraded to Level 5. Each weapon upgrade either adds a mod to the weapon or increases their damage and this system cleverly makes you use each gun and experiment with their purposes. The new gadgets called the Tyhrraguise and the Hacker can be used to unlock doors. The Tyhrraguise adds a bit of stealth to the Ratchet & Clank game play in which Ratchet activates the disguise and becomes a Tyhrranoid (one of the main enemies that are loyal to the games main antagonist, Dr Nefarious). You walk up to a Tyhrranoid with the disguise active and try to persuade him to disable a force field or lower a bridge so you can move on. You pursuade the tyhrranoid by completing a quick time event and pressing the right buttons at the right time which are shown on a reel at the bottom of the screen. The way the tyhrranoids communicate with each other is hilarious: They pop, they bobble and they burp at each other! The hacker introduces another minigame where you have to stop these red pieces from getting to the core by destroying them while capturing green pieces to override the lock mechanism to the door or what ever your trying to hack into. This minigame is simple but original. Another thing that is awesome in this game is the inclusion of Qwark Vid Comics which tell the story of Captain Qwarks long lasting battle against Dr Nefarious. The Qwark Vid Comics game play resemble a 2D side scrolling shooter which you play as Captain Qwark and have one simple goal. Get to the end of the level and shoot anything that's in your way. Game play is different to the platform/shooter bits found when playing as Ratchet which is a nice change. These Vid Comics are so fun to play and it's just awesome to see the conflict between Qwark and Nefarious presented by comic book style cutscenes with a funny narrative. The series trademark humor has not been lost in this game with some funny cutscenes to drive the story. In the parts you play as Clank are fun to play with more enthuses on avoiding hazards. Clank has to avoid lasers and enemy security with the the help of Clank's sidekick from the Secret Agent Clank TV series who is a monkey. Using the Banana gun, Clank can shoot banana's and lure the monkey (depending where the banana lands) into swinging across a pipe to step on a button to activate a bridge for Clank to cross or to activate the security alarm and draw the enemies fire away so you can sneak by. This game play mechanic at least gives us something fresh and innovative The main antagonist, Dr Nefarious may seem mischievous and serious at first but then he has a comical side to him and this is reflected by him sometimes overloading (he's a robot) and picking up funny radio waves then being slapped to snap him out of it and then having no memory of the overload! He's so funny and such a great villain. The boss battles are just as epic as ever although they are pretty simple to defeat: Just avoid their attacks and shoot the cr** out of them. The flying missions have been kept to a minimum (thank god) because they were just so boring in the previous game. The frantic game play that this game holds continues with arena based challenges which provide... well a challenge with various hazards to tackle while you fight waves of aggressive enemies which can helpfully, earn you bolts to buy ammo and weapons. Just to mention the graphics: There not a huge step up from the previous game but the environments are quite huge in scope and the character models are nicely rendered. I experienced very little slowdown too despite a lot of things going on at once. One more thing: The music rocks! Ratchet & Clank 3 is a brilliant and well designed platformer/shooter in my own opinion Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2012
    The game has even more content than it's predecessor. It's a very fun platformer/shooter game with a unique upgrade system. The story and game play are very enjoyable and the game has a lot of hiddent content. After you beat the game, you can replay it and upgrade your weapons even further. The game is a very good game I'd recommend for everybody.
  6. May 7, 2012
    The best Ratchet and Clank game in the series to date. It even added Multiplayer back when it wasn't that hot in the PS2. An amazing story/platformer with like-able characters new and old. Great soundtrack and has the best weapons in gaming.
  7. Nov 26, 2013
    My favorite game of all time a great story. Lots of replay value and the comedy is top notch too bad Insomniac made all 4 one and made the characters so hideous.
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    The very best game on the PS2. Absolute classic, good story, great weapons, and just amazing gameplay.

You cannot ask for a better game. If you have a PS3, go on the PS store and buy the trilogy pack and play this diamond in the rough of gaming.
  9. RomelJ.
    Mar 20, 2005
    I've been playing video games for 20 years & UYA is the best game I've ever played period. 1 & 2 were awesome also. Actually going backwards 3, 2, 1 is the order of my favorite games ever.
  10. Chuukatu
    Nov 5, 2004
    This is the second greatest game out only to Gta San Andreas.
  11. ChungH.
    Oct 31, 2004
    This game rocks.The best game i ever played in my life. Well, not yet. Ratchet and Clank:UYA is not out yet in Canada. but Going Commando rocks and UYA will.
  12. Gordy
    Jul 6, 2005
    Not having played the first 2 this is pretty good...but why the lack of save points???!!!! You have to complete each stage at a time. B.S!
  13. Dec 23, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank 3 has a little movie that motivates you to play.
  14. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    It might not in my eyes beat the two games that came before, but it's pretty darn close. I love this game and it's my 3rd favorite game of all time. Thinking of that this game was made in one year and how little hype this game had, it absolutely stuns me how awesome it is.
  15. JohnK.
    Nov 5, 2004
    This game is awesome! I am much more of a shooter fan than a platformer, but this game has the best of both and really won me over! I had been eagerly awaiting the much-hyped Killzone (as Playstation 2's version of Halo), when this game came out of left field and blew me away! Whether you are a shooter fan or a platformer fan, you will really enjoy this game. Great graphics, lots of This game is awesome! I am much more of a shooter fan than a platformer, but this game has the best of both and really won me over! I had been eagerly awaiting the much-hyped Killzone (as Playstation 2's version of Halo), when this game came out of left field and blew me away! Whether you are a shooter fan or a platformer fan, you will really enjoy this game. Great graphics, lots of fun weapons and vehicles, and on-line multiplayer play! This game really is a cartoon-style Halo! (And that is the highest praise I can give to a game of this type!) Bottom line-- BUY THIS GAME-- YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Expand
  16. ThiloH.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I had the pleasure to play a beta version of this game in the Insomniac Offices and it simply rules. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. Best $40 you are going to spend this year.
  17. GazaP.
    Nov 28, 2005
    It is a brill game for the first to have multiplayer it is fun i would highly recommmend this game to anyone who enjoys adventure games!
  18. TheDude
    Mar 5, 2005
    This is a brilliant game. You can't go wrong. Very much overlooked with all these other games coming out around the same time (San Andreas, Half-Life 2) but I played this the most. Shame it's too easy and especially those platinum bolts are often in plain sight. Insomniac must think of their fans and not 10-year olds who also wan to get all platinum bolts. It's an excellent This is a brilliant game. You can't go wrong. Very much overlooked with all these other games coming out around the same time (San Andreas, Half-Life 2) but I played this the most. Shame it's too easy and especially those platinum bolts are often in plain sight. Insomniac must think of their fans and not 10-year olds who also wan to get all platinum bolts. It's an excellent game but doesn't beat R&C1 or 2. Still a 10, perfect. Expand
  19. MateusC.
    Apr 10, 2005
    The techinics, textures, frame rate, all is perfect.
  20. fahrenheitfrenzy
    Sep 20, 2007
    A perfect game with both shooting and platforming in singleplayer AND multiplayer. buy this now!!
  21. AndrewJ.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is the best Ratchet and Clank game for the PS2 that I have ever played.
  22. NickA.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This is the best game i have ever played!!! It's fun exciting,and intresting. It's worth every penny!!!
  23. GaryB.
    Nov 3, 2004
    This is the most purely fun game ever made, hands down. The person who wrote that it doesn't deserve above a 9 because it's a platformer has no idea of how good the game is. It's a genre-bending action game with platforming elements, but most importantly it's fun, deep, and has interesting characters. In my opinion, GTA doesn't deserve the high scores it gets and This is the most purely fun game ever made, hands down. The person who wrote that it doesn't deserve above a 9 because it's a platformer has no idea of how good the game is. It's a genre-bending action game with platforming elements, but most importantly it's fun, deep, and has interesting characters. In my opinion, GTA doesn't deserve the high scores it gets and I'm very skeptical about those magazines that give those games 9s or 10s in graphics... or any other department really. And he shouldn't down on OPM, they write excellent reviews. This game is a 10, because it is without flaw. So stop complaining about the game being a "platformer" like that's a 4 letter word and just play it. Expand
  24. Hades
    Nov 7, 2004
    This is a good game overall and I am walking into it having NOT played the previous installments but I HAD played both Jak 1 and Jak 2 before playing this. Overall this game is quite fun and very enjoyable, but as far as it being the second coming as these reviews would have you think, it still isn't ~that~ good. Definitely a well-produced game with some great gameplay elements This is a good game overall and I am walking into it having NOT played the previous installments but I HAD played both Jak 1 and Jak 2 before playing this. Overall this game is quite fun and very enjoyable, but as far as it being the second coming as these reviews would have you think, it still isn't ~that~ good. Definitely a well-produced game with some great gameplay elements (online is good too, but a little slow to find games..) the graphics are great and the sfx are awesome. The music, however, kind of lurks in the kiddy/generic range. Also, the characters and story are strictly flat, instead you'll just want to get to the next amazing looking locale to blow up more finely animated enemies. Overall a good game, but not as great as all these reviews make it out to be. Expand
  25. GeorgiaF.
    Oct 21, 2004
    Greatest game ever. I got an early copy because I work at a video game store, and I played it non-stop for 15 hours. It is the greatest game ever.
  26. TylerM.
    Jan 16, 2005
    This game is really good beside the level crash site its dumb BECAUSE i cant beat it thats all bye.
  27. GerardoR.
    Jan 27, 2005
    The best game ever.
  28. ErnieVonK.
    Feb 27, 2005
    Awesome. its a sweet game with BEAUTIFUL graphics, WAY better than going commando or the original. (i have beaten both). The only problem is its too short. it can be kicked in about 15 hours, but Challenge mode is Better than the regular game.
  29. NintendoPSBox
    Feb 5, 2005
    Phenomenal game. Excellent graphics, lush gameplay, great multiplayer and single player. Could've done with some multiplayer bots though.
  30. JacobL.
    Feb 8, 2005
    This game rocks and im a champion at it and you guys rock 2!!!!!

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#12 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. An enjoyable experience worthy of the Ratchet name...even if we're hoping the next iteration of the series pushes the envelope instead of merely experimenting.
  2. One of the best of its genre, of that there is no doubt. But is it really acceptable to release a game that's so similar to the previous two that it would take the most devoted fan to spot the difference at first glance?
  3. With a sublime mix of a humorous storyline, fantastic weaponry, some pure comedy moments, and some amazingly solid platforming sections, there's very little to criticise in Ratchet and Clank 3.