9.0

1. Sep 28, 2010
    This is without a doubt one of the best platforming games I have played in all my years of gaming. From the creators of Spyro the Dragon (which is another great platform/adventure game) brings you two new characters, Ratchet who is a lombax and Clank who is a robot. The chemistry between these two are great and their voices are brilliant including clank my personal faviroute. There are other great characters too like Quark, Helga and Drek and their voices are good as well. Gameplay is similar to Spyro, you play as Ratchet mostly and sometimes Clank and your mission is too roam around and defeating all of Drek's minions who have taken over different planets as well as helping out friends who set out tasks for you. Once that is done you will be given coordinates to the next planet where you will fight your way through more enemies and bosses. There are also skill points which can only be earned by completing a secret challenge as well as gold bolts that are located in secret areas. Your first weapon is the wrench but you can buy new weapons from the gadgetron shops. You can get these by collecting lots of bolts which are found by destroying creates and enemies There are some really cool weapons like morph ray, devastator and RYNO which is a faviroute of mine. Ratchet has lots of cool moves and can collect items to perform new ones. Clank has some cool tricks up his sleeve too like a thruster pack, communicating with other robots and when he becomes a giant, then you just smash your way through everyone while blasting them with rockets. Graphically this game is perfect, each level has some amazing layouts and backgrounds from a great distance. Frame rate is fine and there is plenty of gameplay in this too, so you won't be disappointed. I can honestly say this is without a doubt one of the best platform/adventure games I have ever seen on the PS2. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    I loved this game. the only thing that was bad is that you couldn't strafe. not too much of a deal for me.
  3. Sep 7, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank is a great game. Good platform gameplay, imaginative weapons you can use to blow your enemies away and a interesting story line as well. Voice acting is really cool as well and awesome music which fits perfectly to each individual level. My minor complaint is the final boss fight can be frustrating but Ratchet and Clank is an all round perfect platformer.
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    pretty good platformer. Doesn't quite compare with sly cooper and ty the tasmanain tiger, but is still a very fun game to play. I enjoy a lot about this game. The skill challnges are fun to do. The reason i gave it a seven was because of its bosses. Very boring bosses and just not enough of them.
  5. May 7, 2012
    Kick ass game and what started this series for me. Best Futuristic weapons title is held by this franchise
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    Such great memories! I loved these games so much, I can't praise this enough for any kid under 16 :)
    I think it should be pretty fun for an adult as well, but I wouldn't know. Great story, amazing gameplay, overall very balanced and fun game.
  7. Aug 8, 2011
    I gave it the wrong rating the first time. Here is the REAL rating! Still, you should definitely buy this game, if you can find a copy somewhere! Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are the better games!
  8. Apr 11, 2011
    It's a little iffy here and there, likely because of its often difficult controls, wooden hearted characters, and tiresome length, however, the funnest aspect of Ratchet & Clank is its gameplay, variety of weapons and cool gadgets, stunning graphics and visuals, and fun level design.
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    A fantastic game that keeps players hooked with a multitude of weapons and gadgets. The guns are well balanced and the gadgets are always useful and entertaining. Care and attention have clearly gone into creating worlds, with each feeling distinct and memorable. There is good chemistry between the two leads and the plot, though a little thin, is enough to keep you interested.
  10. Jun 9, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank is another face for the Playstation, just like Sly cooper etc. There is a huge selection of awesome weapons in this game, Insomniac is known for that, like what they did in Resistance for instance.
  11. Apr 20, 2011
    Great game. Thats all there is to say. Great game.
  12. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is a unique shooter/platformer with a good story and very fun game play. The game has unique weapons which are all fun to try out and play with. The game also has a lot of hidden content such as Gold Bolts that unlock more powerful weapons adding to the replayability of the game.
  13. Mar 2, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank is a futuristic platformer that has good graphics and much replay value. It is one of the best platformer games for the PlayStation 2. I think it deserves a rerelease like the Jak and Daxter games.
  14. Jan 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games i have ever played! This is what makes the PS1,2 and 3 beat the competitors. Quality. While xbox and 360 has halo, and nintendo has mario, we got spyro, ratchet, jax, sly and alot more. This is a perfect platform game. All original spyro lovers, get in here and buy this game! Also, WE WANT AN HD REMAKE FOR PS3!
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    Do you want an addictive platformer? Do you want a creative arsenal of weapons? Do you want to have hours of exploring and finding secrets? Look no further than this game. This game is filled with "gold bolts" which are hidden and can be used to purchase gadgets and weapons. The game goes by a goal system, which makes it easy to find out what you have to do. You can collect bolts to purchase new weapons, and you'll be needing them! Definitely tops my platforming list for the PS2! Expand
  16. Jul 29, 2013
    This is, in my opinion, is the greatest Ratchet & Clank game to have ever come out. The story to this game was well done by Insomniac Games as it puts Ratchet having to find his soon-to-be long time partner Clank. He later on has to settle his differences with his partner to save the galaxy which adds to the good amount of character development in this game as you slowly see Ratchet & Clank start to think and work together as a team. Gameplay is bulky but challenging nonetheless as the game still continues as you choose your weapon from the quick select wheel. Ratchet & Clank feels like a good 3-D platformer although some of the cutscenes feel cheesy and forced, still some humourous scenes to look forward too. Lots of replay value, really enjoyable game. Giving it a 10/10 for it's story and fun gameplay. Expand
  17. Feb 27, 2012
    This game is great!!! One of the first games I bought for my PS2, and one of the most fun! The gameplay was mainly smooth, the levels were various, unique, and highly creative!! I LOVE the characters, the story, the world, the humor, everything! So many extras you can play to achieve, and many unique gadgets and weapons that make this game stand out. This game deserves a standing ovation!
  18. Jun 26, 2012
    The first of what is perhaps the best series in my opinion, action / adventure and platformer on the Playstation. The origins of one of the most famous couples in the world of video games. My favorite of the series. And many large cities and bizarre planets explorable. The perfect antagonist and the (anti) superhero never been more fun (to be honest, "SUPER" is a big word, better to remove it)! Fantastic and bizarre characters, humor and plot twists. is here, it all started! XD Expand
  19. Dec 26, 2013
    And here it starts. One of the most memorable and best platformers. Every weapon and tool feels solid and responsible and are really fun to use. This gameplay will hook you. Some problems with the camera angel.
  20. Jan 12, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank's debut game was an instant classic. I hope, that someday Ratchet & Clank goes back to this game's direction. This game has atmosphere, what other Ratchet & Clank games doesn't have. I like the story and the characters in this game. Gameplay is fun and graphics are awesome. A great debut for one of the best video game series.
  21. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    All though it might not have the innovative gameplay, the improvements and the added on content, this still is my favorite game in the franchise and most likely my favorite game of all time. I think so because I think that it has the best music, best story, coolest weapons(Not best) and coolest characters. All though the sequels are totally awesome, they will never life up to the pure soul of the first Ratchet & Clank. Thank you, Insomniac Games for creating this masterpiece. Expand
  22. Sep 5, 2014
    This game was once a seed of what is now one of the greatest game series in my opinion. The humour, weird weapons, gadgets etc. help paved the way for future games' releases. The music is one of the best things about the game, and it's interesting to hear some of it in RC 3. The only problems I had, outweighed SIGNIFICANTLY by pros, included lack of strafing unless you used the thruster pack, you couldn't move during a comet-strike, and the Quick Select never paused at ANY situation. They were solved in later games, but still, one cannot deny the awesomeness of the action here. Over a decade later, it still stays strong, and I'm looking forward to what happens next.

P.S.: I still play the PS2 classics to this day.
  23. Aug 16, 2014
    This game has aged surprisingly well and the graphics are still really good. The game is one of the funniest in the series. One of my biggest problems is that most of the weapons are useless. However the game is still very enjoyable.
  24. Mar 31, 2014
    A good game with good gameplay, good characters and a good story. Not much replay value and the graphics could be a bit better, but still an enjoyable first game to a series.
  25. Jun 16, 2014
    es un buen juego buena jugabilidad buena historia buenos graficos para ser de ps2 es el mejor juego de su genero que jugue las armas son variables la historia me gusto todo es perfecto en este juego
  26. Aug 8, 2014
    God, do I love this game! It just might be the best one I've ever played! The likable characters, good storyline, creative creature, planet and equipment design, balanced difficulty and hidden secrets make me want to scream in joy everytime i see that spaceship fly around the Insomniac logo.

R & C's innovation comes in the form of all those crazy, non-gimmicky weapons and tools. This is a complex, polished platform gaming machine.
  2. One of the best platformers to hit the PS2, ever.
  3. The graphics, the busy environments, the interactivity... every element taken by itself it pretty praiseworthy, stick 'em all on the same disk and they add up to good things.