Ratchet & Clank PlayStation 2

8.8

1. May 9, 2016
    I prefer to start game series from the start, so I can see how it evolved from one game to another. So my score is based on the 2016 impression of the game from 2002. Overall gameplay is fun and reminded me my favorite N64 Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie games. Multiple gadgets and weapons makes the gameplay interesting and different. But the story is really basic, this game is for kids mostly.I prefer to start game series from the start, so I can see how it evolved from one game to another. So my score is based on the 2016 impression of the game from 2002. Overall gameplay is fun and reminded me my favorite N64 Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie games. Multiple gadgets and weapons makes the gameplay interesting and different. But the story is really basic, this game is for kids mostly. Nevertheless, it's a fun game to spend a couple of evenings on. I'm curious what developers came up with in next titles. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    pretty good platformer. Doesn't quite compare with sly cooper and ty the tasmanain tiger, but is still a very fun game to play. I enjoy a lot about this game. The skill challnges are fun to do. The reason i gave it a seven was because of its bosses. Very boring bosses and just not enough of them.
  3. Aug 16, 2014
    This game has aged surprisingly well and the graphics are still really good. The game is one of the funniest in the series. One of my biggest problems is that most of the weapons are useless. However the game is still very enjoyable.
  4. NickG.
    Mar 20, 2003
    This is a game for fantasy loving children and it just doesn't cut it for the older age groups, not worth getting.
  5. KyleK.
    Dec 3, 2003
    This is a good game but it gets boring. Wicked gadgets though. Cant wait for ratchet and clank 2.
  6. Sep 28, 2010
    This is without a doubt one of the best platforming games I have played in all my years of gaming. From the creators of Spyro the Dragon (which is another great platform/adventure game) brings you two new characters, Ratchet who is a lombax and Clank who is a robot. The chemistry between these two are great and their voices are brilliant including clank my personal faviroute. There areThis is without a doubt one of the best platforming games I have played in all my years of gaming. From the creators of Spyro the Dragon (which is another great platform/adventure game) brings you two new characters, Ratchet who is a lombax and Clank who is a robot. The chemistry between these two are great and their voices are brilliant including clank my personal faviroute. There are other great characters too like Quark, Helga and Drek and their voices are good as well. Gameplay is similar to Spyro, you play as Ratchet mostly and sometimes Clank and your mission is too roam around and defeating all of Drek's minions who have taken over different planets as well as helping out friends who set out tasks for you. Once that is done you will be given coordinates to the next planet where you will fight your way through more enemies and bosses. There are also skill points which can only be earned by completing a secret challenge as well as gold bolts that are located in secret areas. Your first weapon is the wrench but you can buy new weapons from the gadgetron shops. You can get these by collecting lots of bolts which are found by destroying creates and enemies There are some really cool weapons like morph ray, devastator and RYNO which is a faviroute of mine. Ratchet has lots of cool moves and can collect items to perform new ones. Clank has some cool tricks up his sleeve too like a thruster pack, communicating with other robots and when he becomes a giant, then you just smash your way through everyone while blasting them with rockets. Graphically this game is perfect, each level has some amazing layouts and backgrounds from a great distance. Frame rate is fine and there is plenty of gameplay in this too, so you won't be disappointed. I can honestly say this is without a doubt one of the best platform/adventure games I have ever seen on the PS2. Collapse

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#9 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

R & C's innovation comes in the form of all those crazy, non-gimmicky weapons and tools. This is a complex, polished platform gaming machine.
  2. One of the best platformers to hit the PS2, ever.
  3. The graphics, the busy environments, the interactivity... every element taken by itself it pretty praiseworthy, stick 'em all on the same disk and they add up to good things.