8.9

1. ChuongV.
    Jan 17, 2003
    This a fun game, but it's too short and the ending stinks. They should make more weapons, and more levels. This game is too easy to beat. Take you like a week only, so i decided to give it an 8.
  2. NickG.
    Mar 20, 2003
    This is a game for fantasy loving children and it just doesn't cut it for the older age groups, not worth getting.
  3. NewtZ.
    Apr 2, 2003
    How could Nick G. not love this game!?! As far as I'm concerned, the defects are these: it is a little short, and thre isn't a Gloden R.Y.N.O. Otherwise, the game is freakin' awesome! The guns and gadgets make the game SO cool! The soundtrack is good, too. Nick G., if you are reading this, I have something I'd like to say: go back to your rock, crawl under it, and read How could Nick G. not love this game!?! As far as I'm concerned, the defects are these: it is a little short, and thre isn't a Gloden R.Y.N.O. Otherwise, the game is freakin' awesome! The guns and gadgets make the game SO cool! The soundtrack is good, too. Nick G., if you are reading this, I have something I'd like to say: go back to your rock, crawl under it, and read more game magizines. Insomniac should make an R&C2 (but only if it is as good as the 1st). See ya! Expand
  4. JonathanF.
    May 3, 2003
    This is just so cool, i love the blaster and glove of doom, it's really funny when ratchet and clank talk to each other, and it's just brilliant so i don't know why i didn't give it a 10. oh well, i'm not gonna get much more outta my life now. i gave it nine, i deserved ten, i think i'll had myself over now. byeee
  5. JohnH.
    Dec 5, 2002
    It is short. It is boring. Worst.
  6. DangerPilot1
    Jan 1, 2003
    10! best platform game on this console. Huge worlds, TONS OF FUN.
  7. KyleK.
    Dec 3, 2003
    This is a good game but it gets boring. Wicked gadgets though. Cant wait for ratchet and clank 2.
  8. MarcD.
    Jan 4, 2003
    Props to Brian Hastings and the Insomniac crew for another killer game. Liz "The Waves" Goodenough would be proud.... By the way, have you noticed that all of your Spyro fans are pissed to high heaven that the next generation game has gone to crap now that another developer is handling the title? Oh well..... Not all developers can be that brill....
  9. GalenN.
    Feb 8, 2003
    This is one of the coolest games I've ever played. It's out of this world!!!
  10. NickF.
    Mar 15, 2003
    It is an awesome game, i cant stop playing it. It had humor, and was good for a variety of age groups.
  11. AnonymousMC
  12. LiamY.
    Apr 11, 2003
    It is the best game ever. It is much better than NHL.
  13. BarryC.
    May 1, 2003
    One of the best games I ever played!
  14. MatthewG.
    Aug 20, 2003
    A lot of time and effect when into the amazing graphic, HUGE wicked level. Clever game play, collecting bolts, gold bolts, weapons and gadget. playing ratchet or/and clank swimming, flying, shooting in turrent and racing on awesome hover boards. i am a total addict.
  15. D.K.
    Aug 20, 2003
    A great game showing just how versitile platformers can be.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Aug 8, 2003
    Psst! They let me go, so I'm gonna do a Pros and Cons list now:

Pros Cons
    Loadsa weapons! J+D clone
    Bit easier than J+D But still tricky
  17. MaxN.
    Feb 18, 2004
    It freezes up when Im at the end of the game is there a way to fix it.
  18. DaveH.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Absolutely unbelievable! This is the best game I have seen for the PS2. I'm now on my third time through it and am still finding stuff. Since it's now a Greats Hits game, you can't go wrong. It's worth every penny!
  19. TorgeirW.
    Oct 26, 2003
    Too easy perhaps, but still one of the best games ever!
  20. JackC.
    Apr 11, 2003
    I think it shold be a 10+ any one who dosen't give it more than 8 just cant handel their games.
  21. AjS
    Aug 13, 2003
    Anyone who likes this game, has really good taste, for me, the best games for psx was the Spyro series(when Insomniac made it).. i couldn't believe the kind of innovative stuff they have in this game, like waking upside down... It never got boring with all those weapons..The creaters of the game always have some way to find all ages to play this game and still be interested the whole Anyone who likes this game, has really good taste, for me, the best games for psx was the Spyro series(when Insomniac made it).. i couldn't believe the kind of innovative stuff they have in this game, like waking upside down... It never got boring with all those weapons..The creaters of the game always have some way to find all ages to play this game and still be interested the whole way throuhgh. Oh right did i say absolutely no loading time, none in the whole game, have i seen now loading.. Its the most beautiful platformer out there HANDS DOWN....... Expand
  22. JoeLeo
    Mar 19, 2004
    Jaw-dropping graphics,equally fantastic gameplay, great plot with twists and turns is all an epic needs and that is what this game offers.
  23. JonathanJ.
    Oct 6, 2005
    One of the best games in the ps2 10x as good as Sly cooper almost as good as spyro.
  24. CallumM.
    May 8, 2005
    Excellent weapons, gadgets, and gameplay. Very innovative and imaginative.
  25. JonnyB.
    Jun 29, 2006
    One of the better exclusives on the PS2. I love this game.
  26. Daz
    May 24, 2007
    As an older gamer who came to the ps2 late in it's lifecycle (after the xbox had stopped making games) i thought i'd look through the ps2 back catalogue. I found Ratchett and clannk which is an awesome game. Can't wait to see what the other r and c games are like. Highly recommended.
    Nov 9, 2002
    An immensely packed game with characters, creatures, weapons, and gadgets. Ratchet and Clank is a futuristic, and innovative game with a wonderful soundtrack. Most of all, it has that ubiquitous "Spyro the Dragon" feel, and I'm very glad that is does. Insomniac does a wonderful job at level and character design, and the PS2 has boosted their abilities times 10. Bravo, Insomniac, bravo.
  28. Mastershonuff
    Nov 3, 2003
    Most people compare this game to jak and daxter, and while jak was a fun diversion from life, ratchet and clank is a great experience in gaming. this game definitely grows on you. after a few hours of fun playing it, i felt as if i was just playing another standard platformer. then it hit me, i loved the damn game. you get emotionally attached to the characters and involved in the thin,Most people compare this game to jak and daxter, and while jak was a fun diversion from life, ratchet and clank is a great experience in gaming. this game definitely grows on you. after a few hours of fun playing it, i felt as if i was just playing another standard platformer. then it hit me, i loved the damn game. you get emotionally attached to the characters and involved in the thin, but interesting story. and the gameplay is beautifully balanced. this is a lesson in great pacing in a video game, something that is often overlooked. now this game is $20, go buy it, then buy sly cooper and jak... a measly $60 total for 3 great games. platformers are often overlooked by fans of sports games, and stealth action, and overly violent games - which can all be fun too - and this is just too sad. while you're at it buy klonoa 2, amplitude, the two fear effect games on psone and virtua fighter 4... because i told you to. Expand
  29. KenjiK.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Ratchet and clank is one of the best ps2 games i have ever played! i recomend this game for a holiday gift . this game rocks!!!!!
  30. ScottLAnd
    Feb 19, 2003
    Very good a little short but thats ok.

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#7 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

R & C's innovation comes in the form of all those crazy, non-gimmicky weapons and tools. This is a complex, polished platform gaming machine.
  2. One of the best platformers to hit the PS2, ever.
  3. The graphics, the busy environments, the interactivity... every element taken by itself it pretty praiseworthy, stick 'em all on the same disk and they add up to good things.