Ratchet: Deadlocked PlayStation 2

8.9

1. Nov 27, 2014
    Amazing, just amazing. The story mode is fun, i love the multiplayer mode, and the jokes are funny! I love the graphics and gameplay. the battles are crazy and missions are the best. This is better than ratchet and clank games, because there not as good.
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Ratchet Gladiator is a different kind of Ratchet and Clank game as it seems to be more action orientated, resembles a third person shooter action game than the previous Ratchet and Clank games. The game isn't as open as the previous Ratchet games and you still explore planets, complete objectives and blow the living daylights out of enemies with ridiculous and well designed weapons whichRatchet Gladiator is a different kind of Ratchet and Clank game as it seems to be more action orientated, resembles a third person shooter action game than the previous Ratchet and Clank games. The game isn't as open as the previous Ratchet games and you still explore planets, complete objectives and blow the living daylights out of enemies with ridiculous and well designed weapons which just like the last 2 games, upgrade as you use them. Weapon customisation is taken further with the inclusion of mods which I think are fun to experiment with. You can add mods like a lava mod - which leaves hot lava spewing on the floor after the weapon has made impact with an enemy or the ground - an electric mod that shocks any enemy every time you hit them with the modified weapon and more. The graphics are sharp and vivid just like the original Ratchet games and the character models are smooth and look right for a Ratchet game. The environments that you battle through in this game are nicely rendered but maybe not as huge as the previous games environments. The structure of the game is like I said earlier is different from the previous games: Ratchet has been captured by the villainous Gleeman Vox and he forces Ratchet to compete in a violent sport known as Dreadzone. You travel around the galaxy and compete in challenges and using Ratchets arsenal, you shoot your way through levels and completing tasks like deactivating a shield generator by shutting down nodes, using a landstalker to demolish your foes and basically defeating other Dreadzone competitors (boss battles). There are still platform elements in this game: Ratchet can use his slingshot to swing over wide gaps and at some points you have to navigate through obstacles. Oh yes, Ratchet can still jump as well! The weapons are really fun to use and when fired, they fire out some vibrant effects like the explosions from the grenades fired from the B6-Obliterator. As with all Ratchet and Clank games, there is no stealth element integrated into the game play, so you can pretty much approach any situation with a gun-ho attitude. The sound effects are great (I and as with all Ratchet games, the voice acting is well done. The games structure (progression) deviates from the previous games which can either mean a good thing for people who want a different Ratchet game or a bad thing who wants a Ratchet game with the same game play structure. It's also quite sad that Clank - even though he makes an appearance - is not a playable character. It would have been nice to have a few Clank sections to mix up the game play. As I said before, the levels are linear and there's no reason to explore them. A good thing for people who are fans of the action/third person shooter element in Ratchet games is that the weapon customisation has been expanded. Alpha mods are automatically added to your weapons the more you use them like increased rate of fire and the omega mods are bought from weapon vendors. Omega Mods can make your weapons more devastating. You can modify them to spew out lava when they come into contact with an enemy or add an acid mod so any enemy shot at will take continuous damage for a few seconds while the acid eats away at their flesh (or mechanical parts!). The combat in general is frantic and it is a lot of fun experimenting with the weapons and mods at your disposal. I like the controls as well and instead of locking onto your enemies to shoot them, you can manually aim your crosshairs and strafe freely instead of holding down a button. Like the previous 3 games, there isn't much strategy in beating the bosses; you just go all gun-ho on them. I like the newly integrated difficulty system. Basically, you can choose from 4 difficulty settings, unlike the previous games where you just played the game on one difficulty setting. The higher the difficulty, the more damage Ratchet takes from enemy fire. This new addition to the series means that casual gamers can get into the game without getting too frustrated and hardcore gamers can present themselves with a challenge if they want. The character design is just as imaginative as in previous Ratchet games and the main antagonist, Gleeman Vox is a mad and cruel being but I prefer the previous games antagonist, Dr Nefarious. A familiar face makes a hilarious cameo at the end of the game and is definitely worth waiting until the credits end. Ratchet: Gladiator presents gamers with a darker tone Ratchet game and some Ratchet fans may not like the fact that it's primarily third person shooter. However, I love third person shooters and Ratchet: Gladiator is a fine example of an action game. Collapse
  3. May 10, 2016
    One of the best game in my life
    Weapon customization,armor customization,amazing boss fight,cool planets,cool vehicles,amazing cutscenes,fun challenges.This is the best third person shooter/platformer in my life.
    All of this in 2005,it is perfect,and it is a masterpiece in every aspect .
  4. Apr 3, 2015
    Rather deadlocked/Gladiator begins as Ratchet, Clank, and Al are abducted and forced to compete in "Dreadzone" a violent game show in which heroes are forced to kill each other. Ratchet must defeat Dreadzone's most successful gladiators, the Exterminators, and become one of Dreadzone's most popular contestants. The three must find a way to deactivate the collars, and free the other heroesRather deadlocked/Gladiator begins as Ratchet, Clank, and Al are abducted and forced to compete in "Dreadzone" a violent game show in which heroes are forced to kill each other. Ratchet must defeat Dreadzone's most successful gladiators, the Exterminators, and become one of Dreadzone's most popular contestants. The three must find a way to deactivate the collars, and free the other heroes being held prisoner in deadzone. Expand
  5. Sep 24, 2012
    i love this game. great graphics, controls, even the multiplayer was improved from the previous game. But i felt there wasn't much freedom in the story mode. still fun though.
  6. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is a lot different from the original three games. It's no longer a platformer but a shooter. The game still has all the unique upgrade elements to it adding to the replay value. Over all I think the game wasn't as good as the original three games but it still wasn't bad. I still really enjoyed playing it.
  7. Nov 7, 2011
    The comedy here is the best in the series not that many people would agree with me. The dark themes and arena like gameplay was fun not that I would ever like a R&C like this again but still it was a somewhat successful experiment so it deserves an 8.
  8. Sep 21, 2012
    I actually don´t own the game I asked a friend to borrow it and he said yes thank GOD he said yes because I heard that the game was coming to PS3 and I wanted to see if it was worth the expectation and OMG it´s almost as good as Crack in Time but if 10/10 was my review to Crack in Time this will be another game that you play when you feeling down and you want a distractionI actually don´t own the game I asked a friend to borrow it and he said yes thank GOD he said yes because I heard that the game was coming to PS3 and I wanted to see if it was worth the expectation and OMG it´s almost as good as Crack in Time but if 10/10 was my review to Crack in Time this will be another game that you play when you feeling down and you want a distraction simply amazing!10/10 Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game was very good. the downpart is that they removed the platforming elements of the previous games, you cant swim at all and you cant glide but the guns, the vehicles and the action are excellent and the multiplayer is down right fun and makes for a great action shooter game Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2011
    Ratchet: Deadlocked is simply my favourite game on PS2. It featured a great story, missions, upgrades and gameplay. Targeting enemies is easy and the Co-op play was a sweat.
    All and all you will not regret buying this game.
  11. Apr 24, 2013
    Just simply the greatest game I have ever played for PS2, also the only game (besides Borderlands 2 that i gave been willing to play through twice. With a plethora of upgrades, jokes, and violence its just... perfect.
  12. Mar 3, 2017
    Ratchet Deadlocked is considered by many as a spin off to the Ratchet and Clank series. I call **** Ratchet Deadlocked is probably one of the best Ratchet and Clank experiences, and one of the best games you can find on the PS2. Period. Speaking of the PS2, 2005, the year of this game's release, was a particularly edgy year for that console in general. Deadlocked takes a darker and moreRatchet Deadlocked is considered by many as a spin off to the Ratchet and Clank series. I call **** Ratchet Deadlocked is probably one of the best Ratchet and Clank experiences, and one of the best games you can find on the PS2. Period. Speaking of the PS2, 2005, the year of this game's release, was a particularly edgy year for that console in general. Deadlocked takes a darker and more mature tone than the Ratchet games before it. With some minor instances of dark comedy and sexual humor, a few moments of swearing which is rare in the Ratchet series, a bad ass industrial style soundtrack, grittier atmosphere, and overall an overpowering sense of attitude that the games before it didn't have. And I love it. This is a game that makes you feel like a bad ass. (I'm gonna be using that phrase a lot in this one) Ratchet , Clank, and Big Al are abducted from their posts on the Starship Phoenix to fight in televised combat sport called Dreadzone. You are held prisoner for the entirety of the game and it is your objective stay alive and kick ass. The game throws wave after wave of enemies at you, which you can dispatch as you please with your much smaller, but still handy arsenal of deadly weaponry. Though the arsenal this time around is much smaller, you still have options to mix things up in the form of alpha mods and omega mods. Omega mods give special effects to compatible weaponry. Things like electricity, lava, acid, mini bombs, and freezing are all special features that you can give to the weapon you choose. And then alpha mods which are acquired as weapons upgrade, which boost weapon stats. These mods can then be configured however you like, the more you have, allowing a degree of customization on your arsenal that previous games didn't provide. In challenge mode you can buy more. You can also buy upgrades for your wrench, which may come in handy, and mega weapons in challenge mode can be leveled up all the way to 99. You can no longer buy armor, but it's not much of an inconvenience because the difficulty is very well balanced. Speaking of difficulty, new to the Ratchet and Clank series is a difficulty select. Options to choose from include Couch Potato, Contestant, Hero, Gladiator, and Exterminator. The multiple levels provide a level challenge that has not been seen in the series prior to this. This game is a lot more combat focused, causing the platforming to take a back seat. As a result, the heli pack and jet pack are absent.. In fact, Clank isn't even on your back in this one. Instead, you have your two combat bots Merc and Green, who are very likable and fun to fight along side I might add. Their regular banter makes you feel like you are never alone. These guys have always got your back and you grow to care for them near the end of the game. There are four commands you can give them, most of these generally replace the need for any gadgets. The only ones returning being the Hyper Shot, Grind Boots, and Gravity Boots. The command system streamlines the gameplay and keeps the pace up, which is a major plus. Once again, you have vehicles at your disposal. The Hovership, Puma, and Hover Bike. You take control of these once in a while. Most of your time will be spent causing as much carnage as possible, and filling your screen with explosions while industrial music plays in the background make you feel like such a badass. Also new to the series is the introduction of a co-op mode which lets you play through the entire campaign with a buddy. Ah, there's nothing quite like some good old fashioned couch co-op. All the characters in this game are awesome. We got Clank and Al returning, Ratchet is back, though he ain't playing around this time. Dreadzone death bots better watch out because we got one pissed off Lombax on our hands. We have Ace Hardlight who is quite the tragic character with an ego that makes you wanna serve him a slice of wrenched justice, Dallas and Juanita who deliver a lot of the game's more mature humor in the form of their slandering of Ratchet on their news show that WILL get a laugh out of you, as will their commentary as you play through the game. And then the antagonist, Vox, who is a bad guy that you just LOVE to hate. He's prone to outbursts of anger and it's always fun to know when you've pissed him off like the cheeky little bastard you are, and then to kick his ass at the end of the game. There are the Exterminators who are cool while they last, the commercial kids who's occupation is to continuously die in horrendous ways for the sake of promoting Vox's show, and the aforementioned battle bots Merc and Green who always have your back. I I were to voice one complaint, it would be that the gameplay never really changes that much. But what it provides is strong enough that it's not a big issue. The control layout and camera is also modernized. Not a complaint. Overall, Ratchet Deadlocked quick joy ride of a game that leaves you satisfied every time. 9/10. Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2011
    All right I will say this it was the first ps2 game I played till the end. This is because of the **** great story and it was just all around fun. I really liked the weapon selection because all of them work great for their uses. I love this game!
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    It's probably a little late to write this review, but who gives a f**k. This game and all the Ratchet and Clank games were my childhood. This game is so great that I played it again this very day.
  15. JohnK.
    Oct 30, 2005
    This is a fantastic game, great platformer...but I beat it in two days, and it lacks considerably the depth of the last two games. Still, Insomniac's experimenting, and we have to experience some of the growing pains in anticipation of the glory of future games. This is a fine title, in every way worth playing but not a classic like Up Your Arsenal.
  16. CelineB.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Worth ever dollar. A bit different then the other concerning the plot and the lack of platforming, but the weapons are just as inventive.
  17. Nathdman
    Feb 9, 2006
    In my opinion this game is alot like PoP 3. It is very fun and interesting but it's to flippin short.
  18. JacobR.
    Feb 2, 2007
    This game is really fast. and i ilke blowing things up so if u like it to get this game it is worth every penny.
  19. AndrewP.
    Oct 22, 2005
    The ratchet and clank seris is AWSOME and i expect nothing less from this game but it will be hard playing the game without clank.I also like the fact that they added multiplayer mode it was good in up your arsenal but i could be better.
  20. supernova
    Feb 2, 2006
    Its just too easy but the weapons can level up to 99 so thats an improvement I love Ratchet and clank but you cant use clank in this one so that sucked also I think the mods are a good Idea but needs alitle work. Im going to try to play another game made by insominic or whatever it is like the jak series.
  21. ChrisG.
    Nov 9, 2005
    It is awesome in all ways.
  22. Sam
    Oct 23, 2005
    With each Ratchet and Clank game, each one is better than the last, but it's a different story with the 4th one. Is it a great game? Yes, but even though it's more action packed, it's even more arcadey than the other ones. I swear to god, one time when I died in the game, I went to get a quarter. That should tell you something. Number 3 is easily the best, but I'll With each Ratchet and Clank game, each one is better than the last, but it's a different story with the 4th one. Is it a great game? Yes, but even though it's more action packed, it's even more arcadey than the other ones. I swear to god, one time when I died in the game, I went to get a quarter. That should tell you something. Number 3 is easily the best, but I'll still say that the graphics are just as gorgeous, the controls even more smooth, but I didn't laugh once, and in the third one, the humor was THE high point. Expand
  23. JigganisZig
    Oct 25, 2005
    The dark turn in the series is cliche, but that poor decision does not detract much at all from the great formula. Mods are a nice addition lacking some depth, but I bet this will be expanded on later in a 5th game, if possible. In any case, GET IT! Get it for the great gameplay! Get it for the Co-op! get it for the Online Multiplayer! Get it for the destruction!!!
  24. JosueJ.
    Dec 9, 2005
    This is the best game of all time. If you haven't gotten it you don't know what you are missing.
  25. GeneB.
    Mar 5, 2006
    The multiplayer is awesome, single player is awesome commanding a squad of 3 but the splitscreen sucks.
  26. DranK.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Wonderful indeed,awesome weapons,good role-playing,but it's just too short.
  27. JoeyK.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It's a slightly different experience from the other R&C games, and ultimately less fulfilling, but still a great game. It's not as deep, there's not as much platforming, the weapons aren't as unique, but the combat is streamlined and still great. Weapon modding adds some depth to the combat. Gadgets, though, are simply additional tools that come along automatically, It's a slightly different experience from the other R&C games, and ultimately less fulfilling, but still a great game. It's not as deep, there's not as much platforming, the weapons aren't as unique, but the combat is streamlined and still great. Weapon modding adds some depth to the combat. Gadgets, though, are simply additional tools that come along automatically, they aren't the gameplay mechanic unlocking landmarks that they were before. One awesome feature is co-op, which is simply a blast. The game is really fun, and if you loved blowing stuff up in the first games, you'll love this one. But overall, it isn't the full gaming experience of the previous games but it's still great. Expand
  28. WilliamF
    Aug 23, 2008
    I cant help but feel that the freedom of roaming the galaxy in other R&C games contributed to making the game enjoyable. It's hard to enjoy Deadiocked because you are constantly reminded that you are imprisoned against your will. Slightly disappointing but still a great game.
  29. AndyW
    Dec 29, 2009
    Awesome fast-paced action and superspecialawesome explosions! It's got lots of style and punchiness that will keep you hooked all the way through!
  30. DylanS.
    Nov 6, 2005
    This game was by far the best in the series. I know this is going to sound sacreligious, but I actually liked the fact that clank was gone. The music completely enveloped you in the game-David Bergaud is awesome-and the battles got so hectic that my ps2 was chugging the framerate! Oh, a tip for fellow deadlocked players-go to the sound options and turn the speech/announcer down all the This game was by far the best in the series. I know this is going to sound sacreligious, but I actually liked the fact that clank was gone. The music completely enveloped you in the game-David Bergaud is awesome-and the battles got so hectic that my ps2 was chugging the framerate! Oh, a tip for fellow deadlocked players-go to the sound options and turn the speech/announcer down all the way, music at max, and sound effects at half. The announcers were the only annoying part of the game. Definitely the best in the series, lots of laughs, fun to play. Expand
    Nov 6, 2005
    Simply the best Ratcher anc Clank game in the series. Great graphics, great gameplay and the control scheme is superb in my opinion. Its so much easier to strafe and look around, and to aim with precision. The multiplayer is excellent in this aswell. Great level design too.
  32. AaronC.
    Oct 22, 2005
    This game is sweet!
  33. JohnK
    Apr 14, 2005
    Sweet!!! I was really excited to find out that they are making a new installment of my favorite game series on the PS2!!! Each Ratchet & Clank game has been successively better than the previous version, so I have high expectations for this game. Ratchet & Clank UYA is clearly the PS2's best multiplayer shooter, and it appears that Ratchet: Deadlocked will be even more Halo-ishSweet!!! I was really excited to find out that they are making a new installment of my favorite game series on the PS2!!! Each Ratchet & Clank game has been successively better than the previous version, so I have high expectations for this game. Ratchet & Clank UYA is clearly the PS2's best multiplayer shooter, and it appears that Ratchet: Deadlocked will be even more Halo-ish (the X-Box's best multiplayer shooter). Halo is my favorite game for the X-Box, so I have no problem with this. However, I hope that they keep up the zany sense of humor from the previous installments! Insomniac has not let us down before, so I believe that this is going to be really good!! (Note to Insomniac: Don't get too dark on us-- Ratchet & Clank's lighthearted feel is one of the best parts of the game!) Expand
  34. JohnK
    May 23, 2006
    Awesome game! One of the best on the PS2 games ever! If you loved the prior Ratchet and Clank games, or if you are a fan of shooter games such as Halo, you will love this game. This is clearly the best shooter game for the PS2, which sorely needed a competitor to Microsoft's Halo. Personally, I prefer the brighter colors, lighter attitude and additional platforming elements of theAwesome game! One of the best on the PS2 games ever! If you loved the prior Ratchet and Clank games, or if you are a fan of shooter games such as Halo, you will love this game. This is clearly the best shooter game for the PS2, which sorely needed a competitor to Microsoft's Halo. Personally, I prefer the brighter colors, lighter attitude and additional platforming elements of the prior Ratchet and Clank games a little bit better, but that does not make this game anything less than awesome and extremely fun to play-- just a little bit more serious. Insomniac continues to make the most interesting and fun games, and I look forward to their next shooter game for the PS3 (Resistance: Fall of Man), and I am REALLY looking forward to the PS3 version of Ratchet and Clank. In the meantime, I will see you online playing Ratchet: Deadlocked!!! Expand
  35. JonnyB.
    Jun 29, 2006
    Lost the classic R and C story but still a good game.
  36. DesmondH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    A bit different from the rest of the series because of the lack of Clank and the Dreadzone plot, but still a great game.
  37. Mar 14, 2011

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#19 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    It just doesn't quite live up to the standards set up by its predecessors. [Dec 2005, p.90]
  2. Game Informer
    It's every bit as enjoyable as you would hope, too. Of course, if you are into deathmatching, Ratchet's online presence once again packs a wallop. [Nov 2005, p.160]
  3. Play Magazine
    There's a sense that Insomniac wanted to go out with a quick, clean fourth installment without too much hassle and strain. [Nov p.78]