Rayman 2 Revolution PlayStation 2

Apr 6, 2004
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
  2. Jimmy
    Apr 6, 2004
    1 word: GREATEST GAME IN THE UNIVERSE AND NOTHING BETTER WILL EVER EXIST!
  3. Rayman
    Oct 18, 2004
    It's very very very ...... fantastic . Is a great adventure and great graphics to do this game greatest .
  4. Mar 24, 2015
    I have loved Rayman 2 since I was a child and it has always been my favorite platformer. So, when I got the chance to play this - allegedly better - version of the game, i was really delighted. And I have to say, the game did not disappoint me. The storyline is much better, there are more levels, more challenging enemies, more bosses and unique powers, characters get more time to shine,I have loved Rayman 2 since I was a child and it has always been my favorite platformer. So, when I got the chance to play this - allegedly better - version of the game, i was really delighted. And I have to say, the game did not disappoint me. The storyline is much better, there are more levels, more challenging enemies, more bosses and unique powers, characters get more time to shine, you have to buy upgrades, there are even several minigames and the whole game in general feels more coherent (such as the shell in Menhir Hills that jumped out with you through the Spiral Door in Rayman 2 and was nowhere to be seen afterwards can actually be found in the hub world here and serves a purpose). And I haven't even mentioned the graphical update which is mostly visible either in new levels or in remade portions or levels from Rayman 2 (e. g. Fairy Glade).
    This game is the definitive Rayman game and the best platformer I have played so far.
  5. Feb 21, 2016
    Much like Jak and Daxter though, Rayman Revolution is one of my favourite games of all time as well.
    I'm not gonna lie, it really is. Years ago I love this game when I'm in a mood to thrill. The gameplay is fantastic and awsome as always, I even love the characters, the graphics, the music and I even looked up on wikipedia I have found out that it is one of the best games ever made. How amazing is that! I mean, Dawn! It reminds me of me watching Tom and Jerry. In 2005 I even owned the triple pack of it which I didn't notice. And guess what, I completed it years ago and it is grondbreaking! I hope that my friends have played this game before.
  6. B.S.
    Oct 10, 2002
    Realy addictive and you just can't stop (not talking about the first word I put up there you prev's) The games music rocks lots of lauguages to choose from (encluding Ramanish) and lots of entertainment. the problem it's the same one out for ps1 and 64 four only with an upgrade hear and there...
  7. Oct 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first time I played Rayman 2: The Great Escape on my PC with my brother and cousin as a child, we were unable to move away from the computer. The world of Rayman amazed us and the style of the game was as unique as platformers get. I did not know about Rayman Revolution until 2006, when I stumbled into a gaming store and found a copy in good condition for a cheap price. It looked like a Rayman 2 port for the PS2, so I bought it and started to play it as soon as I got the chance.

And then, I did not get what I was expecting. I got something even better. Revolution isn't just a port, it's a massive upgrade to the original Rayman 2, with an explorable hub, multiple new levels, proper English voices (even though you can still choose gibberish) and a improved graphics and sounds. The game, in my opinion, is massively better than any other version of Rayman 2. It's one of a kind, and if you have a PS2, I'm jealous because mine is broken and I can't play this wonderful game again.
  8. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 9, 2002
    It ranks up there as my favorite platformer on the PS2. It's long, fun, and engaging. I only wish they tested it a little more before publishing it. There are a fair number of weird bugs you'll likely encounter. Fortunately saving is frequent, so it's not a big deal pressing reset.
  9. Sep 6, 2010
    Rayman Revolution is a great game. This is a great remake of an already great game (Rayman 2: The Great Escape). The story is pretty much the same as Rayman 2 but there are a couple of new things in the PlayStation 2 version. Some of the levels have been redesigned and enhanced from the other console versions of Rayman 2 there is no longer a map screen to choose levels like the otherRayman Revolution is a great game. This is a great remake of an already great game (Rayman 2: The Great Escape). The story is pretty much the same as Rayman 2 but there are a couple of new things in the PlayStation 2 version. Some of the levels have been redesigned and enhanced from the other console versions of Rayman 2 there is no longer a map screen to choose levels like the other versions of Rayman 2; you get this free roaming hub to roam and choose levels and like the PlayStation version of Rayman 2 there is voice acting for the characters which is a nice touch. The graphics are colourful, each level has a different theme to it and the composed music is definitely one of the best things about this game. You also get a new level to try in this version. There are loads of game play mechanics like flick switches, fly with flying shells, attack robo pirates with orbs and battle your way through boss battles to reach the 4 masks to free Polokus. There are 3 new bosses as well in this version which are awesome to fight. The game is short though and every time you re-enter a level, the music doesn't play which is annoying. Rayman Revolution is a great remake that people who played Rayman 2 should like. Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    Rayman Revolution is a brilliant platforming game with lots of new features from its predecessor Rayman 2: The Great Escape (which is the original PS1 version of this game). The story is exactly the same as before, Rayman is captured and has lost all his powers but his friend Globox comes to the rescue and gives him his power to shoot with his first. During your quest you meet a bunch ofRayman Revolution is a brilliant platforming game with lots of new features from its predecessor Rayman 2: The Great Escape (which is the original PS1 version of this game). The story is exactly the same as before, Rayman is captured and has lost all his powers but his friend Globox comes to the rescue and gives him his power to shoot with his first. During your quest you meet a bunch of new friends, including Ly who is the fairy that restores all of your powers along the way. Your job is to find all the lums, the four masks, break open all the cages and defeat Razorbeard, the robo pirate and main Antagonist of the game. The Henchmen (led by Razorbeard) are there to stop you and there are bosses you fight along the way. In this version however there are many new elements. For starters there is more free roaming and instead of just completing levels, you can also exchange lums for powerups and mini games (for up to 2 players) and tackle challenges in order to gain more life. Most of the levels are still the same but with different areas and there are a few new levels. The graphics have improved a lot, the colours, background and water is much more realistic and you can see the waves and grass moving with the wind. Frame rate is better, you can run around much quicker than on the PS1 version. The voice acting is back and you can have the option to choose between different languages including Raymanian, which is a new feature to the game where the characters supposedly speak in there own language (similar to the PC and DC version). The music is composed perfectly, each theme is right for every level and the sound effects are good as well. There are a few problems I have with this game though. Camera angels are sometimes a pain as you can't always look around depending where you stand. Sound issues i've noticed too can fault i.e. when you use your helicopter or charge your fist, you will hear the noise carry on and it won't stop unless you reset your console. Furthermore although there are some new changes, the game itself is still the same and I personally would have liked it if they could have changed it a bit more. Nevertheless Rayman Revolution is a brilliant plat former for all ages, but if you've already played it's predecessor Rayman 2: The Great Escape and are not really into remakes or improved versions, then you may want to pass on this. Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2014
    One of the best ports of all time that suffers some technical issues and bugs. Still it has great controlls, huge worlds to explore, excellent music and atmosphere so I highly recommend it if you have the PS2 (most likely you have) and you like action-adventure platformers.
  12. MikeM.
    Feb 27, 2009
    Pros: Some of the best textures that ever appeared on PS2... Cons: Probably as a result of this, the frame rate is very bad much of the time. On Dreamcast and especially PC, this game is still a looker even today (9 years later) in my opinion. Even the N64 version ran without all the choppiness of this PS2 incarnation, and looked good considering the other platforms. A must-play, but do Pros: Some of the best textures that ever appeared on PS2... Cons: Probably as a result of this, the frame rate is very bad much of the time. On Dreamcast and especially PC, this game is still a looker even today (9 years later) in my opinion. Even the N64 version ran without all the choppiness of this PS2 incarnation, and looked good considering the other platforms. A must-play, but do so on anything other than a Sony system. Expand
  13. Jun 26, 2016
    I have played the ps1 version (which I have fond memories of) and have no idea how anyone can consider Revolution to be better.

Here's a list of what stood out to me: - The new music pales in comparison to the old soundtrack. It is also weirdly mixed at places. - The game has a very odd structure. The pacing is all over the place. Suddenly you are just thrown into a boss fight with no

Here's a list of what stood out to me:
    - The game has a very odd structure. The pacing is all over the place. Suddenly you are just thrown into a boss fight with no build up.
    - The new hub world isn't that bad, but I don't feel like it adds anything either and often only serves as an inconvenience.
    - The new voice acting has no character to it and robs the game much of its charm.
    - This version adds new levels and sections. These are varying in quality. Some are quite good while others seemed very poorly designed. There are also new mini game sections that quickly became tedious.
    In the ps1 version, each level seemed to have a unique feeling to it. The game continuously delivered iconic moments and situations, something Revolution fails to replicate.
    - Bad bonus levels.
    - Forced tutorials which were completely unneeded.

All in all i was pretty disappointed with this remake. There were places were the old version could have been improved. But I can't recall a single change i felt was justified.

If you think I come off as a salty fan blinded by nostalgia, then you're probably right.

#50 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001

It's one of the greatest achievements in the history of 3D platform games and should be given the same admiration given to titles like Miyamoto's "Mario 64."
  2. The levels are masterfully designed, the learning curve is smooth and gradual, and the variety in gameplay makes this game appropriate for both novice and expert gamers alike.
  3. Simply a great game.