8.0

1. Sep 1, 2011
    the first FPS game for a console that used duel analog controls that showed us what FPS games could do. now add in destructable enviroments , alot of cool guns , a decent story line and you have a pretty fun game . also had a death match bot system since this was before the Ps2 was online ready and it gave you more reason to play the game.
  2. May 12, 2011
    This is by far one of the greatest games on the PS2, the campaign is long and fun, and only gives you a few chances to catch your breath among the pulse quickening fights, it even mixes it up with some stealth missions, and the story backing it all is pretty good, but gets crazy some times, the graphics do show age as this is an old game, the voice acting and sound effects are awesome, the multiplayer is ok with some friends, but it won't keep your attention long, my main complaints are that it has random load times you'll run into while playing that are pretty long, and that in order to save you have to hold down the buttons for a while in order for it to register and it takes a while to do that, as I said before this is one of the greatest games for the PS2 and can be picked up cheep, so if you still have a PS2, this is a game you should look for, it's great. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    Red Faction was great back in the day, but now is beginning to show it's age with blocky and blurry character models, a rather unpredictable method of firing (as in bullets can fire all over the place and not hit once at blank range!) and a laughable plot and in-game cutscenes.Not to say that the game is not fun play now. I've completed it 3 times now and I can still have a blast playing though it again. The geo-mod engine, although ground-breaking is not implemented all that well in RF. I would have been fun to experiment with it, having scenarios that evolve around destroying buildings or walls to find a path. but the G-mod tech is only really used nicely during the 1st part of the game. after that, the game only starts to fall apart.

There is a certain point in the game where you start fighting a new type of enemy, mercs. This is the worst part of the game because mercs are equipped with powerful weapons, most notably the rail driver which can penetrate through walls and cause instant death. and seeing that the AI in RF tend to fire IMMEDIATELY as you enter their view, more than a few frustrating deaths are to be expected.

The game's soundtrack is low-budget, but surprisingly ambient, at least during the first half of the game, and the voice acting is ridiculous, but funny (case-in-point "DIE, CAEPEK!!!"). I find this game to be so bad, it's actually really good! everything from graphics to story points my instincts to say that the games crap, but I have fun playing it regardless of whats wrong with it. so take my opinion for what it's worth. if you are tolerant with games, you'll find a great game.
  4. May 31, 2014
    This game is great, especially for when it came out (that's important). The destructible environments were fun, the environments varied from bunkers to space stations, and the enemies are challenging even on normal difficulty. Anyone who says this game is not good isn't intelligent enough to factor in the age of the game.

1. For all of its strong design and competent game play, however, Red Faction still never quite adds up to the "Half-Life" it aspires to be.
  2. Totally immersing from the start, never letting up and always lashed with the sort of extreme violence that we’ve always wanted.
  3. While the controls leave much to be desired, this is one of the few must-owns for any Playstation 2 owner.