8.9

1. Mar 14, 2012
    Overrated, boring game that fully discrases the name of resident evil. Capcom took there fans and took a complete dookie on there face and smeared it around! This is a terrible game. Its not even an RE GAME! WOW! Its got Leon And Ada... Woopty doo, its still not worthy of bearing the name Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 should of been something completely different. This is stupid. Buy Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Code veronica, or Resident evil Operation Raccoon City INstead! Expand
  2. May 24, 2013
    I kind of liked the tension in Jurassic Park: Trespasser caused by the difficulty in aiming a gun, since you could control multiple joints in the same arm by holding down a different button and moving the mouse. But I couldn't stand RE4 for longer than 10 minutes. The difference is the mouse control in Trespasser let you move awkwardly but quickly. Not that it was a good game, but at the least you could learn to work with Trespasser's weird control scheme, improve, get faster, and at the very least move while shooting.

The joystick control for RE4 move the character's aim ridiculously slowly even for a character who had never held a gun before, much less a supposed secret agent. I've never fired a real gun before in my life, but I could outshoot this guy. He's basically a cripple.

The only thing that makes this Resident Evil superior to previous entries in the series is that the controls for those were even WORSE. But you know what games have better shooting controls? ACTUAL shooters: Halo, Call of Duty, Max Payne. This game has nothing to recommend it over any real action game.

For some reason people give horror games a pass on having terrible controls because not being able to control your character adds to the fear (or something). I don't get it and it's just not fun for me.
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is very disappointing when compared to earlier Resident Evil games. First of all, it's not a survival horror; you have a bunch of ammo and health throughout the game, rather it is a shooter game. Second, there is no atmosphere; it has no or few horror elements. Details like merchant, items falling from enemies (not zombies), yellow herbs (superhuman health increasement) etc. ruin it all together. Third, plot is in my opinion stupid and has nothing to do with the prequels. Fourth - I really hate Hollywood details and cliches in this game.
    But still, if you like shooting and blowing up masses, you should play this "survival horror".
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    *Sigh* How the hell do i start...? Oh, yes! RE4 is the worst piece of survival horror crap ever! Seriously, critics! Were you high when playing this game? 96 point average?! What the hell?! The game is so flawed i could use it as toilet paper! Why is the game so terrible? Well, to start, the QTEs. They give you no time to react and brutally punishes you for wanting to enjoy a cutscene! Seriously, Capcom! You could at least warn us! At least you had the sense to either make us start QTEs of our own accord (like in boss fights) or you have time to react in RE6. Plus, I thought RE6 was an amazing game! Oh, and let's not forget 'Leon. Leon! LEOOOOOOON!!!!' I hate Ashley's guts. SCREW THIS AWFUL GAME! Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2013
    When Resident Evil 4 first released back 2005, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was ok part just thanks to Ada Scenes along with Wesker Scenes,
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Story: 6/10
    Total: 7/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  6. May 24, 2013

1. Not playing through it from beginning to end would be missing out on a major milestone in gaming history, not to mention a hell of a lot of fun. [Dec 2005, p.70]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant. [Nov 2005, p.158]
  3. Capcom turned the venerable but stagnant series around with Evil 4 [Nov p.72]