8.9

1. Apr 2, 2015
    I was very happy to discover this game for my console back in 2006. It was one of the first games I did play on PS2. I love the whole franchise, but this game is something special. The first game I saw PS2 new features like button combinations during cutscenes and vibro-effects. I liked the game so much that I completed it more then 10 times during one year. The plot is also interesting.I was very happy to discover this game for my console back in 2006. It was one of the first games I did play on PS2. I love the whole franchise, but this game is something special. The first game I saw PS2 new features like button combinations during cutscenes and vibro-effects. I liked the game so much that I completed it more then 10 times during one year. The plot is also interesting. And the music - wow! A masterpiece! Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a great game and I would enthusiastically recommend adding to your play list. It has seriously impressed me and it is a highlight of its time and genre.
  3. Feb 18, 2015
    THE BEST OF THE BEST AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN THE BEST! one day I shall dig up the PS2 AS I wasted $20 on the Xbox 360 version and the controls SUCK ON THE Xbox 360 Version! (Or I'm just not as calm as I was when RE4 for PS2 Released! LOL! anyways PS2 VERSION FOREVER! one day I will get into it again! I just realized that it was the 10th anniversary for RE4 Last Month! Brings heavyTHE BEST OF THE BEST AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN THE BEST! one day I shall dig up the PS2 AS I wasted $20 on the Xbox 360 version and the controls SUCK ON THE Xbox 360 Version! (Or I'm just not as calm as I was when RE4 for PS2 Released! LOL! anyways PS2 VERSION FOREVER! one day I will get into it again! I just realized that it was the 10th anniversary for RE4 Last Month! Brings heavy emotions knowing how old this game is! STILL AMAZING! Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2015
    Best RE game of all time in my opinion (just few step ahead from RE2). You must play this game.
    Survival horror evolved thanks to this game, the third person shooting system just just awesome.
    It brought a new experience to the survival horror games. The story is pretty interesting, the characters are wonderful developed, everyone is interesting and has an important role in the game.
    It brought a new experience to the survival horror games.
    The story is pretty interesting, the characters are wonderful developed, everyone is interesting and has an important role in the game. The atmosphere and the enemies design are top notched for the PS2 console. It's a classic which will live through the time. Few of the games I will score as 10.
  5. Dec 27, 2014
    i swear to god. this game looks like a xbox 360 game or ps3 game. and it was released for the ps2. this game changed resident evil. for the first time this has changed in a good way. but re5 and 6 were bad. i mean 5 was fine but 6 was awful.

re4 was my favorite ps2 game of all time. it didn't looked like a ps2 game. it looked like a xbox 360 game. awesome enemies like the chainsaw and the generators which were scary as **** sometimes hilarious jumpscares from snakes. great story and voice acting. amazing weapons and Quick Time events.
  6. Nov 9, 2014
    Assieme a Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots e a Kingdom Hearts II,questo è il miglior videogioco che io abbia mai giocato in tutta la mia vita.Il migliore.
  7. Nov 5, 2014
    This installment of Resident Evil changed a bit, and introduced more modern characters that move a lot faster, and it was a great update to a series that has been fantastic since Sega Genesis. This game does not disappoint and like all of the main Resident Evil's(Survivor not included) dominate the ratings. You'll enjoy this game until the very end. Also like all Resident Evil games,This installment of Resident Evil changed a bit, and introduced more modern characters that move a lot faster, and it was a great update to a series that has been fantastic since Sega Genesis. This game does not disappoint and like all of the main Resident Evil's(Survivor not included) dominate the ratings. You'll enjoy this game until the very end. Also like all Resident Evil games, expect to be spooked at some point or another, even myself which I rarely ever get spooked. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2014
    Two words are going to explain this game:Intense and Amazing !!! Easily the best game of the franchise and my best game of 2005 with Gta:San Andreas for the PC.
  9. Oct 14, 2014
    my #1 game all the time Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant .............................................
  10. Aug 11, 2014
    This is THE best action/horror game I have ever played and one of my all time favorites.
    The feature that makes it so special and unique is it's brilliant and memorable atmosphere which makes you really identify with the main character. The switch between action/horror/relief/tension building is perfectly done and leaves you in awe. I still play and enjoy this game today, when the nostalgia feeling hits me.
  11. Jul 25, 2014
    Best Resident Evil. I've ended on the Wii, PS2, and Xbox 360 7 times. Leon is beast. Those kicks he does are really impressive. There are so many unforgettable characters even from the previous games. They really out done themselves.
  12. Jun 3, 2014
    Simply put, One of the best games EVER made. If u cant enjoy this, u seriously need help. To this date i enjoy the game EVERY **** time i play it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. May 18, 2014
    This may not be the greatest survival horror game in history but it is the hybrid of action and horror with a over the top shoulder camera angle for better accuracy for the first time in the history of the franchise. But the horror tension is mostly removed comparing it to the trilogy of pure horror; but it showed some of the best graphics of the year, a better camera angle despite theThis may not be the greatest survival horror game in history but it is the hybrid of action and horror with a over the top shoulder camera angle for better accuracy for the first time in the history of the franchise. But the horror tension is mostly removed comparing it to the trilogy of pure horror; but it showed some of the best graphics of the year, a better camera angle despite the lack of horror, customizable weapons, unique enemies and great acting. And you could choose limited ammunition if you don't customize your weapons making the game more difficult than usual. The downside of the game is ASHLEY because she is basically useless; so useless that LEON did not kiss on the end of the game. But overall the game was outstanding with it's improvements except for the survival horror aspect but it became one of my favorites action and horror themed game ever. Expand
  14. May 1, 2014
    This game is the best game in the series, besides that was the beginning of a gender change in Resident Evil. The gameplay is awesome and the graphics too, deserves perfect score.
  15. Apr 28, 2014
    This game is beyond amazing. I've replayed and beat this game over 20 times. This game is very scary and intense. With new game play mechanics we didn't see in the previous installments, it was such a surprise. Even though this game didn't offer the boring slow zombies, it did offer amazing and scary new enemies. Very happy I've played this game during my childhood.
  16. Feb 27, 2014
    This game has virtually nothing wrong with it. From the moment I started playing it hooked on to me and never let go, the game in my opinion is a perfect blend of action and horror which has never been successfully replicated since. In my mind, it's a masterpiece.
  17. Feb 18, 2014
    Along with Silent Hill 2, this is THE Survival Horror game. It's amazing, innovative, scary. Controls are amazing, graphics are good. The only downside is probably "LEON! LEON!". But that is nothing compared to the rest of the game.
  18. Jan 7, 2014
    A game that change the traditional style of his ancestors, to make a game that had awkward cameras and clumsy controls to another completely different, clearly frame trend to another resident evils
  19. Dec 19, 2013
    One of the best horror, I will remember this game forever, she spent a lot of time, but Resident Evil 5 I like more, be sure to play this game if you have not played
  20. Nov 28, 2013
    This game is creepy. The first and the best the "new" Resident Evil game, you are taken to a cult village in Spain to rescue the presidents daughter. The more you discover about the cult and your various encounters with the villagers (who have parasites called Las Plagas in their head) make you nervous to play this game.i. 2004 these graphics were insane and still hold up today. Plus, goodThis game is creepy. The first and the best the "new" Resident Evil game, you are taken to a cult village in Spain to rescue the presidents daughter. The more you discover about the cult and your various encounters with the villagers (who have parasites called Las Plagas in their head) make you nervous to play this game.i. 2004 these graphics were insane and still hold up today. Plus, good voice acting in this franchise is a change and Leon actually sounds believable. The gameplay is smooth and precise, for example it is hard to get a direct shot without the gun moving because it takes in real life factors like breathing. Now people complain it lost its survival horror roots with this game (and I agree the series eventually did) but if you play that opening village scene without terror (especially when chainsaw man comes out) you are probably not human. So go on, prepared to get scared and return to a time of good Resident Evil games, and the only good Resident Evil game that has a good story, good gameplay, and good graphics. It's not the original GameCube version but in some aspects the PS2 version is better. So play it, just bring an extra pair of pants. Expand
  21. Oct 9, 2013
    An excellent combination of survival horror and third-person shooter action, RE4 delivers in all aspects of a near-perfect and engaging game. As others come and go, Resident Evil 4 will be remembered as a true classic.
  22. Sep 19, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 was the best game on the PS2. It's graphics were incredible. The replay-ability of RE4 is very high, due to the unlockables and New Game I loved the inventory, which let you hold a lot of items and let you organize them to your liking. There are a great deal of weapons you could buy, depending on your play style. Resident Evil 4 professional mode gives you a certainResident Evil 4 was the best game on the PS2. It's graphics were incredible. The replay-ability of RE4 is very high, due to the unlockables and New Game I loved the inventory, which let you hold a lot of items and let you organize them to your liking. There are a great deal of weapons you could buy, depending on your play style. Resident Evil 4 professional mode gives you a certain level of challenge without it being frustrating and unfair. With there now being HD releases on Xbox 360 and PS3, there is no reason not to own this wonderful game. Collapse
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    This is the Resident Evil game that proved the franchise could be reinvented and reinvigorated without even having to needlessly throw zombies onto the screen. The new enemies were just as merciless, brutal, and horrible to face, and it worked well. Add in major adjustments to controls, camera, and the atmosphere- the moodier the better it seems, and you've got quite the winning formula.
  24. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game on all erath.I played in this game on ps2 pc xbox 360 and on pc again and again. this game have all of need great game graphic (on 2005) gameplay story and music Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    i haven't played the previous resident evil games and i started with this one and i believe that this game mad the resident evil series what it is today cause this game is perfect in every thing survival horror yep you'll find that action yep you'll find that bad ass bosses and moments yes all that is in here with awesome controls and gameplay with a great story makes this game perfect
  26. Jun 26, 2013
    este juego,fue mi favorito con buena trama E historia,drama y accion,graficos buenisimos,muy buen juego merecible de un 10 y 100 para los criticos,yo lo recomiendo.
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    By far, the best game in the saga and one of the best games of the world. The story may be a bit... boring (let's keep it like that), but smashing zombie brains and fighting weird-looking monsters has never been that fun. It's just a masterpiece. It's such a shame that the series is not as good as this game due to RE:6 or RE: ORC (I should have imagined that it wouldn't be a good game whenBy far, the best game in the saga and one of the best games of the world. The story may be a bit... boring (let's keep it like that), but smashing zombie brains and fighting weird-looking monsters has never been that fun. It's just a masterpiece. It's such a shame that the series is not as good as this game due to RE:6 or RE: ORC (I should have imagined that it wouldn't be a good game when I saw the title's first letter.) Expand
  28. Jun 11, 2013
    One of the best PS2's era game ever. Wonderful game, spectacular visuals, amazing characters, great weapons and enemies, the scenarios are dark and gritty, something expected from a RE game.
  29. Jun 6, 2013
    It may possess the over the top bad dialogue and storytelling famous in RE, but this only serves to add to the games unique charm. The gameplay is really great, it's got lots of cool elements like the Attache system for limited storage and buying upgrades from a mysterious and hilarious "merchant" It is a scary game no doubt, when you encounter re-generators for example, a horrifyingIt may possess the over the top bad dialogue and storytelling famous in RE, but this only serves to add to the games unique charm. The gameplay is really great, it's got lots of cool elements like the Attache system for limited storage and buying upgrades from a mysterious and hilarious "merchant" It is a scary game no doubt, when you encounter re-generators for example, a horrifying nearly unkillable zombie you're likely to go into panic mode. The visual design is all top notch from the locations to the very detailed character models. It can go from very actiony over the top and fast paced to eery and unsettling in a matter of minutes. It's got lots of awesome unlockable modes and costumes/guns giving it great replayability. It's uniquely awesome Expand
  30. May 29, 2013
    Definitely the best RE game to exist! It's exciting, suspenseful, and scary as h**l! Just wish all the newer RE games wouldv'e followed the same formula this one had.
  31. May 17, 2013
    Otimo jogo da série e mantém o survival horror. Foi muito brilhante criar um jogo com botoes de ações para executar, especialmente os chutes. e ficaria muito melhor se aumenta-se mas o clima sombrio dos cenarios e os inimigos, mais efeito de som ao entrar em um lugar vazio.
  32. May 11, 2013
    Simply best game ever!!! still playing this in 2013 and never get bored of playing. I think so new RE games and not as good as this game. Actually i have never counted how many times i have played this game. Its no 1 in my list
  33. May 8, 2013
    Capcom clearly was aiming in a wider public when they made Resident Evil 4.
    Its almost perfect blending of survival horror and action, packed with an addictive gameplay, great story and really beautiful visuals aren't enough to make it the best Resident Evil ever made, but even diehard fans of the series can enjoy it as much as the casual gamer will and i highly recommend it to both.
  34. May 5, 2013
    Simply Put- Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games ever made. This is a masterpiece. The tempo, the combat, the scares, the gameplay, hell even the story is cheezly good. This game is how action horror games should be made. The level of impact this game has had on the game industry- Gears of War, L4D, and every other over the should 3rd person shooter this gen. And the bossSimply Put- Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games ever made. This is a masterpiece. The tempo, the combat, the scares, the gameplay, hell even the story is cheezly good. This game is how action horror games should be made. The level of impact this game has had on the game industry- Gears of War, L4D, and every other over the should 3rd person shooter this gen. And the boss fights.... OMG. These fights are so amazing- Del Lago, El Gigante, Bella Sisters, Straddler, Verdugo and of course the greatest boss fight in the history of the series. The one. The only. Krauser. These moments are amazingly awesome. This game is amazingly awesome. Play it. Expand
  35. May 1, 2013
    Of all the games I have ever owned, this game has sucked the most hours out of me. Love this game and everybody should own it. Graphics, story, and gameplay are the best on the PS2.
  36. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, I played through this game AT LEAST 5 times. I had just as much fun the first time as I did the fifth time.

Resident Evil 4 is not too horrifying, except one level towards the end. This is where you fight dark blue dagger-toothed monster things that cannot be killed, unless you shoot 3 of the parasites on their back. You can cripple them by shooting their legs off, but they regenerate and grow back. (Thus, the reason they are called regenerators.)

Enough rambling. The game as a whole has decent-okay combat. There are around 12-15 guns you can buy, not counting the unlockable ones that you can get after beating the game.

The small amount of people who gave this game poor reviews don't seem to have played the game before. There is, in fact other modes than story mode. Assignment Ada, and Missionaries. Missionaries is just a free-play mode where countless hordes of zombies are hurled at you until your chopper arrives. Pretty fun to do after you beat the game and don't feel like playing it again. Assignment Ada isn't that fun, to be frankly honest. Its just replaying a mission as a woman named Ada, except its 500 times harder. The story is pretty long, and there are multiple paths that you are able to take during the game.

The enemies you face consist of the generic zombie, (a spanish farmer that tries to kill you with pitchforks and knives.) cult group members, (pale people in black cloaks that try to strangle you), enemies with wolverine-like claws that have their eyes stitched shut, and scary-ass chainsaw men/women with bags over their heads. They actually might be scarier than the regnerators I talked about earier.

All in all, this is a GREAT game. I hope this review helped. :D
  37. Apr 17, 2013
    this is what a game should be like... re4 blew me away and continues to... the characters and storyline are completely addictive. overall one of the best games ive played
  38. Apr 8, 2013
    The game is flawless and very well made! i had so much fun playing it and is one of the best games ive played on ps2. Good graphics ,amazing weapons and is quite thrilling. Mercenaries was freaky and it almost made my pants.
  39. Mar 29, 2013
    simply the best survival horror game of all time no other company even capcom itself can make a better game. the game uses if everything to keep the player feel desperate of surviving. the story, the characters, the graphic, the sound.. etc. everything in it is awesome. a game that define survival horror with an RPJ!.
  40. Mar 14, 2013
    Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfection.
  41. Mar 13, 2013
    one of the best resident evil games made sadly after this they went in the completely wrong direction. they shouldve built on top of this but instead they threw everything away.
  42. Feb 19, 2013
    Clever, suspenseful, fun, so many words to describe this masterpiece, Resident Evil 4 has to be one of the most played games I have ever invested my time into, the one thing that bothered me was the lack of Resident Evil in this game, what happened to the zombies and survival horror?
  43. Oct 30, 2012
    This is not only the best survival horror game ever but in my opinion the best game ever. The story is great, there is lots of action and great boss fights.
  44. Oct 28, 2012
    мистическая, страшная, долгая, реиграбельная и потрясающая игра,мистическая, страшная, долгая, реиграбельная и потрясающая игра, начав в неё играть вас может она и не впечатит, но потом...вы удивитесь как события развиваются.интересные противники, ужасные мутации игеймпей который вас не отпустит,игра в моей памяти навсегда.есть игры с более выдающимся сюжетом, так же серьёзный недостаток в игре это отсутствие быстрой смены оружия как в re5(приходится каждый раз лезть в инвентарь что снижает эффект борьбы с зомби), моя оценка игре 97/100...абсолютный шедевр Expand
  45. Oct 15, 2012
    The pinnacle of the series. A masterpiece. The PS2 version of "Resident Evil 4" is one of the console's greatest games. Not just a simple port, Sony's cover of the GameCube classic includes exclusive weapons, costumes and Ada Wong missions. This is a revolutionary sequel that turned the series on its head by completely changing the format. An action game by heart, RE 4 still manages toThe pinnacle of the series. A masterpiece. The PS2 version of "Resident Evil 4" is one of the console's greatest games. Not just a simple port, Sony's cover of the GameCube classic includes exclusive weapons, costumes and Ada Wong missions. This is a revolutionary sequel that turned the series on its head by completely changing the format. An action game by heart, RE 4 still manages to churn out major scares with its extremely tense gameplay. In this installment, Leon S. Kennedy (of RE 2) has been charged with finding the President's missing daughter somewhere in Spain. He eventually discovers that the region has been overrun by people infected by a biological weapon known as Las Palagas. Much shooting ensues. "Resident Evil 4" is a brilliant game that marries the action genre with the survival horror aspect of the franchise. Released a year before "Gears of War", RE4 set the standard of third-person action games with its over-the-shoulder camera view and quick time events. The game itself is about a 20 hour adventure and not one minute is wasted with boring, mundane tasks. Brain-teasing puzzles of the series' past return and the action has been amped up completely. It's a great feeling to knock a zombie down by shooting at its knees only to line up a head shot. RE 4 offers plenty of various firearms, all which can be upgraded at scattered merchant shops. The GameCube version of "Resident Evil 4" might contain sharper visuals, but the PS2 version makes up for it with all of the extra content. It can almost be labeled as a "Director's Cut". This was probably the best game of 2005 and the PS2 arguably has the definitive version of it. Expand
  46. Oct 10, 2012
    Great game!!! Not so great as Gamecube version, because of the cut scenes (not realtime rendered and for that reason there is no point in changing costumes) and some visuals, but gameplay is very addictive. Shinji Mikami made a great game.
  47. Sep 4, 2012
    хорошая игра. читайте биборан по два раза в день!
  48. Jul 23, 2012
    Resident evil 4 foi um jogo marcante para cada pessoa que jogou e mereçe a nota maxima.Com uma história epica , personagens carismáticos , com graficos incriveis para a época.
  49. Jul 18, 2012
    Great survival horror game. One of the best resident evil games. Fun and entertaining gameplay, great graphics and sound. Great cast of characters like Ada Wong who is my favourite RE character.
  50. Jul 10, 2012
    Top notch gaming here to be had. Take a journey back to 2005 where Gordan freeman roamed the earth and ID survived of their good graphics and zombies when RE4 took the series to a whole new level. The aiming is much more pecise than that of the old ones (but I still love 'em) and the creepy atmosphere really made me jump!
  51. Jun 28, 2012
    Wonderful. The game stands on its own. Great survival horror moments and action sequences. The quality in every department of this game is superb. Excellent visuals, music, and gameplay. The storyline & gameplay takes a departure from what Resident Evil fans are familiar with. Resident Evil has evolved. Starting with RE4.
  52. Jun 27, 2012
    The plot is so weak it's almost absurd, but in almost every other regard this is a truly great game. Call me crazy, but I think this game was far scarier than the trilogy. It's still by all means a horror game, just a different type and more action oriented. To be honest, I always thought it would make more sense for the protagonist of a resident evil game to be more action orientedThe plot is so weak it's almost absurd, but in almost every other regard this is a truly great game. Call me crazy, but I think this game was far scarier than the trilogy. It's still by all means a horror game, just a different type and more action oriented. To be honest, I always thought it would make more sense for the protagonist of a resident evil game to be more action oriented anyway, given what they are and what they're dealing with. The game itself is a ton of fun, very suspenseful, and on top of that goes on and on for probably 20-25 hours in just the story mode alone. Expand
  53. May 27, 2012
    A great game with some of the best tension in a game, i played this game so many times.
  54. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is bloody excellent! The combat, voice acting, graphics, story and characters are all up and above average. It is one of the most atmospheric and suspenseful experiences in gaming, and will stand out as a classic for years to come. Excellent, but is difficult to find in stores and on the internet.
  55. Feb 24, 2012
    Resident Evil 4 is without a doubt the best game in the series!! The mix between Horror and Action is spot on in this game.. The story is AMAZING! the gameplay mechanics are really good for a PS2 game, and the replay value is really HIGH! especially the HD version which has all the extras from past versions. All in all Resident Evil 4 is an AMAZING! game.. You MUST own it if you likeResident Evil 4 is without a doubt the best game in the series!! The mix between Horror and Action is spot on in this game.. The story is AMAZING! the gameplay mechanics are really good for a PS2 game, and the replay value is really HIGH! especially the HD version which has all the extras from past versions. All in all Resident Evil 4 is an AMAZING! game.. You MUST own it if you like action/Horror games Expand
  56. Feb 24, 2012
  57. Jan 24, 2012
    RE4 is among the best that the PS2 has ever had to offer. I just beat the main campaign (about 20 hours long) and it's fantastic. It's action packed, thrilling, and while the actual scares were few and far between, the ones that were present were very effective. I've seen lots of complaints about the controls. I suppose it's a matter of taste, because the controls felt perfect to me. MyRE4 is among the best that the PS2 has ever had to offer. I just beat the main campaign (about 20 hours long) and it's fantastic. It's action packed, thrilling, and while the actual scares were few and far between, the ones that were present were very effective. I've seen lots of complaints about the controls. I suppose it's a matter of taste, because the controls felt perfect to me. My one complaint, and it's not even much of a complaint, is the script. The voice acting is solid, but the dialogue itself is fairly clicheed, and sometimes just plain cheesy. Doesn't matter. Once you beat the campaign, there's a crapload of unlockables and extra game modes. If you own a PS2, you must own this game. Expand
  58. Nov 10, 2011
    A triumphant re-invention of the resident evil series, resident evil 4 is a very imaginative and fresh new look in the survival horror genre in general. The attention to detail to the overall package is outstanding, with a perfectly paced story that keeps bringing unexpected surprises in both the storytelling and the gameplay. this is a great feat especially considering the main story isA triumphant re-invention of the resident evil series, resident evil 4 is a very imaginative and fresh new look in the survival horror genre in general. The attention to detail to the overall package is outstanding, with a perfectly paced story that keeps bringing unexpected surprises in both the storytelling and the gameplay. this is a great feat especially considering the main story is more or less 15 hours long, not counting the bonus material that extends the fun with minigames and side stories. level design is extremely well done and atmospheric, character design is intriguing, the music emphasizes the horror produced by the atmosphere, and the gameplay involves more than simply running and shooting thanks to small but effective variations and some exploration. My only small complain is that while the voice acting is very professionally produced, some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy for a game with serious themes. perhaps the few bad lines of dialogue are intentional from developer capcom as a trowback to the horrendous dialogue in the earlier resident evil games but this is only a very minor thing. A slightly more significant complain i have is that the control scheme is just a bit dated and slow, but effective nonetheless. Expand
  59. Oct 19, 2011
    When i played this game i was very young and it was one of my first games.
    So it all was pretty new for me and i think that made it extra awesome for me because this is still one of my favorite games. And leo still is the king of Resident evil world. And i here many people complaining about the control system but i think it is great.
  60. Oct 17, 2011
    the hard work and research behind this game is remarkable, shinji mikami and team spent 11 days in europe to recreate a very real european experience in the village and the castle. Indeed if u visit a european castle u would see an eerie similarity
  61. Sep 19, 2011
    If you have played the previous Resident Evil games than this game is almost nothing like its predecessors because they have made alot of changes to this game. For starters there are no longer fixed camera angles in areas the camera is now at the back of the characters, most of the guns have laser sighting and scope to help with aiming and the zombies have been replaced by humans who areIf you have played the previous Resident Evil games than this game is almost nothing like its predecessors because they have made alot of changes to this game. For starters there are no longer fixed camera angles in areas the camera is now at the back of the characters, most of the guns have laser sighting and scope to help with aiming and the zombies have been replaced by humans who are mind controlled and infected by Las Plagas. All these changes reduce the scare factor of the game compared to its predecessors but also makes the gameplay more action orientated, higher paced and makes the controls more responsive and making the A.I more diverse. The Ganados the infected humans you fight in the game are alot more smarter than the zombies and the way they gang up on you and attack you is alot different than the predictable zombie grabbing and blood sucking from the previous games. The Ganados can hit you with their melee weapons either by stabbing you or throwing it when they are far away and even throwing dynamites at you. On top of that those villagers also react differently to your gun shots shooting in the leg will make them limp, shooting them on their arms will cause them to drop their weapons, the Ganados can also get stunned during the combat which will allow the player to go near them and perform some special unarmed moves. All these changes and additions make the gameplay more fun, diverse and less repetitive compared to the previous Resident Evil games. The players finds alot more ammunition and healing items in this game as the enemies that are killed almost always drop the healing items, ammo and money and treasure as well which the player can use to buy and upgrade weapons from a merchant who appears throughout the game. The game also has some interactive cutscenes that make you think you are actually involved in then game even when you are just watching the cutscenes which is also a great addition. There will be also points in the game where you go through areas while protecting a defenseless girl who moves with you she can't fight but she can get hurt and you can use your herbs and First aid sprays to heal her and she will also be helping you solve some puzzles in the game these levels of the game may be frustrating at times but they are still fun and entertaining. The scare factor may have been toned down but that doesn't mean RE4 did not give me the creeps there were alot of points in the game that made me jump and scared me s**tless the part where you first fight the underwater monster, the part where you fight the El-Gigante, the part where you fight the bugs in the sewer and specially the part where you first fight the Re-generator all those moments just scared the crap out of me the first time the played this game. However the scary moments in this game are far less than there were in the previous Resident Evil games. The story is really good despite the only connection being between it and the previous RE being the characters Leon, Ada and Wesker and the mentioning of Umbrella otherwise its a completely different story. The story is far from epic but it is still well told and well written. Creating a chemical to control the humans than taking over america and taking over the world may sound too gimmicky and may have also been a used up formula for the stories in games but it was executed well here. The graphics are really good considering it is ps2 ofcourse ps2 has done better with God of War and MSG games but still the graphics look very good however the ps2 graphics still don't hold a candle up to the Gamecube version but that is because GC had a better graphic card the the PS2 and graphics don't totally make a game. The game's music and sound effects are just superb always suit the environments and the sound effects do a good job of building up tensions and giving the creeps. The voice acting is good however the dialogue can just be cheesy and corny at times. Apart from the main story the game also has the awesome and fun Mercenary Mode, Assignment Ada (a small mission for ada) and the ps2 version has two new extras which were not in the GC version the Movie Browser where all the game's cutscenes can be viewed and the Separate Ways in which you play as Ada where she explains her motives for being involved in the main campaign. These extras just makes the players come back for playing this game for hours and hours and having fun and really increasing the game's already high replay value and lasting appeal. Overall Resident Evil 4 is a great achievement on the part of CAPCOM. 9.5/10 Expand
  62. Aug 22, 2011
    The last/best atmospheric game of the classic franchise. The number four part of the franchise, surprise the player with a magical tension , and solid gameplay. Set in Spain is also a great move for the series, expanding the setting is always important. Even the graphics seems to be comparable to games of the 360 and PS3 very detailed and fresh. Best in the series after 1 and 2 .
  63. Jun 28, 2011
    Completely amazing! A perfect action, horror and survival game, the story is amazing, graphics are really awesome and the gameplay is really funny and interactive.
  64. Jun 12, 2011
    This is my favorite Resident Evil game because it's by far the scariest. When I first played this game I was so nervous that I was sweating - then again I was 14 or so, and not very experienced in horror games. This is the first Resident Evil in the series to do something different than the Fixed Angle thing - which to some extent made it less frightening, but in another made it much moreThis is my favorite Resident Evil game because it's by far the scariest. When I first played this game I was so nervous that I was sweating - then again I was 14 or so, and not very experienced in horror games. This is the first Resident Evil in the series to do something different than the Fixed Angle thing - which to some extent made it less frightening, but in another made it much more involving. A pro that this game has that over the others is that the enemies aren't necessarily that over the top - they're simple looking (except for maybe the bosses). The fear introduced is from men and women who don't appear to have anything wrong with them - though their clothing is way out of style (like from the early 1900s or something). They only grimace and don't look all that pretty - oh, well, they also attack you with knives and farm gear, and eventually chainsaws and even further on with gatling guns. There are monsters, but in this they aren't pulsating or as cartoon-like as they are in previous and future games. Resident Evil 5 sort of went over board with the monsters to the point where they looked less frightening (sometimes there's more through simplicity). What's also great is this game is directly related to the series and yet is indirectly related because it's an entirely new premise. It's definitely my favorite of the series and is lots of fun - much more survival is in this one over RE5. Expand
  65. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Innovative and the best survival horror game of all-time. IT"S ACTUALLY SCARY They should write that on the cover. Pure Genius
  66. Apr 3, 2011
    I'm not a fan of survival horror and don't care much for shooting games, but this isn't a survival horror compared to previous Resident Evil games. The removal of the survival aspect has probably disappointed fans of the series, but this game is challenging even still. I really enjoyed this game because of memorable set pieces, bosses and even normal creatures and the game still gives aI'm not a fan of survival horror and don't care much for shooting games, but this isn't a survival horror compared to previous Resident Evil games. The removal of the survival aspect has probably disappointed fans of the series, but this game is challenging even still. I really enjoyed this game because of memorable set pieces, bosses and even normal creatures and the game still gives a sense of tension. Still remember it well after years since completion. Expand
  67. Mar 15, 2011
    Made this **** Series good.

I recall one of my favourite Survival Horror games EVER, Sweet Home, this comes "Semi-Close" to that. Fixed the terrible gameplay and camera, and that terrible plot. Some people don't like this game, lemme explain why : Resident Evil is TERRIBLE. I Mean TERRIBLE. This game took out the **** and replaced it with pancake Syrup, but without that terrible tasting
    Made this **** Series good.

Fixed the terrible gameplay and camera, and that terrible plot.

This game took out the **** and replaced it with pancake Syrup, but without that terrible tasting bull****, it ain't the same.
  68. Feb 14, 2011
    THE BEST SURVIVAL HORROR GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!Before this game I viewed Resident Evil as an outdated and bland series but this game brought the sagging series back into the limelight and showed there is still some life(no pun intended)in this series.The story follows Leon S. Kennedy on his quest to save the president's daughter.This has the quintessential "bad" B-horror movie plot and ITHE BEST SURVIVAL HORROR GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!Before this game I viewed Resident Evil as an outdated and bland series but this game brought the sagging series back into the limelight and showed there is still some life(no pun intended)in this series.The story follows Leon S. Kennedy on his quest to save the president's daughter.This has the quintessential "bad" B-horror movie plot and I love the cheesiness of the dialogue and overall story.Just because there are cheesy lines does not make the script lame.All the characters are expertly drawn and have a lot of personality.As you journey through this hellhole of a place you will a encounter a variety of settings such as the Spanish village,industrial areas,a huge and illustrious castle,different cavern areas,and plenty of others.The game gives you many ways to approach gameplay.Your equipped with a mix of handguns,sniper rifles,automatic weapons,shotguns,grenades,and not to mention your awesome knife.You will be put in this scenarios and you'll have to devise your own strategies and battle plans to survive.The enemy A.I. is also very intelligent.They will work together and use a variety of items to bring you to your knees.The action is frantic and occurs very often,but even the parts that aren't action oriented are so atmospheric that you will be to afraid to move on the next area.I've only scratched the surface of why this game is so amazing.So here is a list of Pros and Cons(there are very few Cons). Pros:
    Awesome graphics,
    cool storage system ,
    the Merchant ,
    all the different environments,
    creepy atmosphere,
    behind the shoulder look,
    accurate and fun aiming system,
    the constant claustrophobic feeling, intelligent and brutal A.I,
    EPIC boss fights!!,
    awesome cheesy dialogue and story,
    wonderful sound,
    addictive and varied gameplay,
    fun weapons,
    well drawn characters,
    awesome unlockables(PS2 version),
    will not disappoint gore lovers,
    protecting Ashley missions are actually enjoyable,
    fluid controls, and
    basically everything.

Cons:
    Puzzles and switching weapons can be tedious at times.
  69. Dec 19, 2010
    The only reason i haven't sold my ps3. This is just a great game I have played RE 1,2 and 5 besides this one and this is definitely my favorite. While some say it's not as scary as the previous games in the series and I agree, I have to admit that I was like 10 when I played them and they were so freaking dificult because of a crappy camera, aiming and movement that i think the only reasonThe only reason i haven't sold my ps3. This is just a great game I have played RE 1,2 and 5 besides this one and this is definitely my favorite. While some say it's not as scary as the previous games in the series and I agree, I have to admit that I was like 10 when I played them and they were so freaking dificult because of a crappy camera, aiming and movement that i think the only reason I got scared was because i knew I was going to be eaten by some zombies at any moment. Anyway this game has it's cool scary moments and a creepy atmosphere that can't be overlooked, so at the end I keep coming back to play this game once in a while now that I have beaten the **** out of RE5 and platinum'd it, because RE4 is just better. Expand
  70. Nov 2, 2010
    Although this is the review for the PS2 version which is considerably poorer than the Gamecube version, this still warrants a perfect score simply because although the game doesn't seem as crisp as the original Gamecube exclusive it is still absolutely brilliant even in the 2010 five years on. The reason for people who have played the Gamecube version to buy this is because you can pick itAlthough this is the review for the PS2 version which is considerably poorer than the Gamecube version, this still warrants a perfect score simply because although the game doesn't seem as crisp as the original Gamecube exclusive it is still absolutely brilliant even in the 2010 five years on. The reason for people who have played the Gamecube version to buy this is because you can pick it up for a very cheap price now and you get a brilliant extra mode involving Ada Wong that fits into the game perfectly and its clear that the developers obviously planned this, because if they hadn't surely it shouldn't have been this good, and extra clothes and weapons for you to use. Ok enough about the bonus stuff. There is 20 hours of gameplay to be enjoyed here for first time players, when I first went through it I done it in just under 17 hours, and with all the special weapons I must have set some kind of record in completing it in exactly 2 hours and 43 minutes. Please post a review stating whether you have done the game in less time. Brilliant characters also with great facial animations and some of the most epic boss battles ever, none of them disapoint. Onto the mercenaries which to be honest could have been a game on its own if there had been a couple more levels thrown into it. Check this game out you won't be dissapointed at all. Absolutely the best horror game ever made, and right up there with the best game ever along with the new games. An absolute gem of game. Buy, Buy, Buy!!!!!!!!! Expand
  71. Aug 12, 2010
    This has to be the best game made for the PS2, from the multiple replays to the extremely well designed cut-scenes and the multiple enemy types, this game is better than most of its competitors. Espectially when you beat it and then there are the Ada missions and the Mercenaries missions. Best game EVER!!!
  72. TonyM
    Jan 22, 2010
    This game has intense action, hard but fun bosses,amazing guns and easy controls. I love the chainsaws when they cut off your head! There are so many fun secrets to die!!! re4 is the best game ever!!
  73. JaredS
    Jan 15, 2010
    This is easily one of my favorite games ever. The story is excellent and the gameplay is challenging. Yes the controls are very difficult to get used to but IMO make the game much more intense
  74. JohnG
    Nov 24, 2009
    I had a lot of fun with this game no matter how many times i beat it i couldnt stop playing. Its one of the best games ive played so far.
  75. RJW
    Sep 12, 2009
    I loved this game from the look to he controls. Its easily my favorite game for the PS2 and definitely on my top 3 of all time. If you like action you must play this game.
  76. outphazel
    Jul 26, 2009
    It was amazing awesome game play the only bad thing is the graphics and the bosses and no online play all really retarded but everything else is really intense i hope everyone else enjoyed this amazing who ever has this game ill give you a really cool secret if you get absolutely 100% done there is a cool ending i cant tell you its a secret so bye for now plenty of more ratings coming It was amazing awesome game play the only bad thing is the graphics and the bosses and no online play all really retarded but everything else is really intense i hope everyone else enjoyed this amazing who ever has this game ill give you a really cool secret if you get absolutely 100% done there is a cool ending i cant tell you its a secret so bye for now plenty of more ratings coming your way peace out. Expand
  77. KeenanS
    Jul 7, 2009
    This is the greatest game I've ever played in my entire life. Everything about this game was spectacular from its graphics, to its gameplay, and even the puzzles. Not to mention this version comes with exclusive missions and weapons that were not in the Gamecube edition. This is easily one of the greatest games ever made and if you hate it, you're an idiot. If you own a PS2, you This is the greatest game I've ever played in my entire life. Everything about this game was spectacular from its graphics, to its gameplay, and even the puzzles. Not to mention this version comes with exclusive missions and weapons that were not in the Gamecube edition. This is easily one of the greatest games ever made and if you hate it, you're an idiot. If you own a PS2, you must own this game. Own one of the greatest games ever made! Expand
  78. CarlosB
    May 25, 2009
    The game is great, but the controls are not so easy.
  79. mikeg
    Apr 6, 2009
    Just finish resident evil 5 and figure i pick up 4 never played it ,,wow its awsome and insane,,don't know which one is better,but do yourself a favor and play this game...i think its longer then 5 and has lots of extra, and no coop and i think thats a good thing cause sheeva can be a pain.
  80. PaulM
    Mar 31, 2009
    This game deserve a perfect 10 with it's wicked gameplay and tight controls.
  81. CodyB
    Mar 18, 2009
    RE4; THE greatest horror masterpiece ever created in the history of horror games and one of my top 10 video games list. From start to finish, this game was, still is, and always will be worth over all game of the year 2005 and all those shit-loads of awards. Imo not all that scary, just disturbing at times but FUN-AS-HELL!!!
  82. NathanD
    Mar 14, 2009
    Personally, I think its the best game of all time. it has that something that makes you not want to set the controller down, and when you eventually do (due to sore eyes and head) you cant help think of it or talk about it! Once you clear it, you want to start again on the harder difficulty...or if your on the hardest difficulty, start again. The graphics are pretty impressive for a ps2 Personally, I think its the best game of all time. it has that something that makes you not want to set the controller down, and when you eventually do (due to sore eyes and head) you cant help think of it or talk about it! Once you clear it, you want to start again on the harder difficulty...or if your on the hardest difficulty, start again. The graphics are pretty impressive for a ps2 game. re5 is out now, but personally it doesnt compare to the story or playable factor of re4. p.s Bring back the merchant. Expand
  83. NigeM
    Jan 4, 2009
    The best game I've ever played bar none. Yes, its better than any of the GTA's or God of war 2 even. Addictive, atmospheric, and satisfying gameplay. It constantly exceeded my high expectations and the difficulty level was pitch perfect. If resident evil 5 is as good i'll finally upgrade to PS3.
  84. EricP
    Nov 30, 2008
    RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time. The graphics really showcase what the PS2 can do, especially in 525p with the component cables. Most of the environments and detail in the scenery/character models are beautifully rendered. I had someone ask me if what I was playing was really a PS2 game. The sounds and music are creepy when they need to be and are overall pretty cool to listen RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time. The graphics really showcase what the PS2 can do, especially in 525p with the component cables. Most of the environments and detail in the scenery/character models are beautifully rendered. I had someone ask me if what I was playing was really a PS2 game. The sounds and music are creepy when they need to be and are overall pretty cool to listen to. I'm not sure why so many people have such a problem with the control scheme in RE4. It's ready weapon, aim, and shoot. What is so difficult about that? I agree I would like to be able to move while shooting also, but it's not really feasible with an over-the-shoulder approach. You would need one finger moving the person, another one aiming, and the other one firing. That would be TOO complicated. Making it a FPS would have been a mistake and pre-rendered graphics are out of the question. The lasersighting is more realistic than having a "crosshair" as someone was saying. You're not going to see a crosshair in real life, and unless you want to go into FP for accurate shooting like in MGS (which still wouldn't allow you to move), get used to it. The knife in this game was the greatest thing the game designers have done with the RE series. Easily equippable with L1 at any time and VERY useful, unlike the previous RE installments. The weapons are upgradeable enough to always keep you interested. Side missions are a bonus. Great enemies and boss fights. Looking forward to RE5. 10/10, hands down! Expand
  85. AnonymousMC
    Jun 7, 2008
    this game is great and semmingly perfect in each way. and if you can find a better game thanthis youre a liar because this is the las gen system game in history and john d. is tootaly out of place by giving a 3 it well deserves this 10 but dont buy the wii versian without a zapper or shooter now stop reading this and play resident evil 4 or 5 when you guys read this because i dont reaalythis game is great and semmingly perfect in each way. and if you can find a better game thanthis youre a liar because this is the las gen system game in history and john d. is tootaly out of place by giving a 3 it well deserves this 10 but dont buy the wii versian without a zapper or shooter now stop reading this and play resident evil 4 or 5 when you guys read this because i dont reaaly care as long as you play one of these games execpt resident evil 3 Expand
  86. DanielPereira
    May 23, 2008
    This game is,is... i don´t have words to describe it! It´s simply great!! Fantastic! I can never get tired of this game, or any RE game to be exact.. Since i played RE for the first time, I loved it and I played almost all RE series! I LOVE RESIDENT EVIL!
  87. StewartC.
    Jan 22, 2008
    The best game I have ever played and a vast improvement on previous RE titles. I was hooked from the start to the finish. The graphics are great, the plot scary, the gameplay is long and replayable and I'd definitely recommend buying it. Only a couple of very small nagging points, but hardly worth mentioning - ALMOST FLAWLESS...!
  88. SamH.
    Nov 25, 2007
    One of the greatest experiences that I have ever had as a game. A great selection of villians, a compelling story and fantastic gameplay make this a near perfect game.
  89. CaioK.
    Sep 28, 2007
    The best game ever made for Playstation2! Good story, excellent graphics. It
  90. GatsbyJ.
    Sep 8, 2007
    -I'm on the side of those who think this game is near-perfect. And I have no personal bias in favor of the Resident Evil series, because before I played this game it'd been several months since I had last touched my PS2. But I remembered seeing the Gamecube commercials for this game and thought it looked really good. So I tried it out an LOVED IT. -The graphics still amaze me, -I'm on the side of those who think this game is near-perfect. And I have no personal bias in favor of the Resident Evil series, because before I played this game it'd been several months since I had last touched my PS2. But I remembered seeing the Gamecube commercials for this game and thought it looked really good. So I tried it out an LOVED IT. -The graphics still amaze me, and I think it has some of the best character models and backgrounds on the PS2. The atmosphere is really well-realized: dark, creepy, and best of all, grimy. -The sound was memorable in that subtle sort of way: it's scary when it needs to be, but for the most part the game is silent and uses sound effects to get the mood set. -The characters are hollow but fun to watch on screen. The story is standard Resident Evil nonsense: anyone who plays the series for the story has probably had their brain eaten by zombies. -But the gameplay is what it's all about. The game is fun from beginning to end. The weapons are all great; there's not an over-abundance of ammo lying around so it's challenging. The mutated townsfolk are a nice divergence from the previous zombies, and they're crazy when they run at you. The AI is quite intelligent and challenging. And for those who said there wasn't a single scary moment in the game, well that's cuz this isn't like the old Resident Evil's where things jump out at you. It's a lot harder to do that in true 3-D than pre-rendered games. There's tons of replay value with the different costumes and side-missions. -Yep, definitely one of the best games for the PS2, and one of my all-time favorites. Expand
  91. ZackH.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This game i would say is the best in the franchise they got rid of the clunky controls the laser sight had its few flaws like if there was more than one person on the screen it sometimes was hard to get a good shoot. the story was ok i could deal with it. and i liked the bonus content on this game. overall its a good game with some flaws. but i would sugest getting it for the gamecube its better.
  92. DerekL.
    Jul 1, 2007
    This game is simply amazing. The camera angles put you right in the action. That combined with the great controls, commands, 100 out of 10 point graphics, logic requirements, and just plain awesome storyline, wepons, and minigames makes this game 1,000,000 out of 10 in my opinion.
  93. MikeW.
    Jun 19, 2007
    The best of the last gen games is THE best game for the PS2 overall. Highly recommended for all of the millions of PS2 owners out there.
  94. RenniV.
    Jun 9, 2007
    Fun, exciting and easy to play. Best of the series!
  95. AkeemG.
    May 10, 2007
    This game started off extremely cool but then it started to get a little lame somewhere around chapter3 when you first entered the castle.I only wish that more of the story and gameplay was centered around the village(chapter1-2) area because the village was the best part of the game in my opinion.I don't have much time left to give you all of the details so to make a long review This game started off extremely cool but then it started to get a little lame somewhere around chapter3 when you first entered the castle.I only wish that more of the story and gameplay was centered around the village(chapter1-2) area because the village was the best part of the game in my opinion.I don't have much time left to give you all of the details so to make a long review short all I have to say is that this game is very neat and that it WILL NOT dissapoint you! Expand
  96. AidanK.
    Apr 12, 2007
    Having played all previous RE games (and completing them all at least once), i find it my duty to review this game and give it the highest score attainable. Admittedly the graphics aren't perfect..but we can blame that on the ps2's hardware. Keeping this in mind, the game still manages to scare the player senseless through, not only visuals but sound and the general feel of the Having played all previous RE games (and completing them all at least once), i find it my duty to review this game and give it the highest score attainable. Admittedly the graphics aren't perfect..but we can blame that on the ps2's hardware. Keeping this in mind, the game still manages to scare the player senseless through, not only visuals but sound and the general feel of the environment. Also, this game has tons of replay value (as i have completed the game 6-7 times, and 'Separate Ways' 2-3 times) and the Mercenaries Mini Games are a nice little addition. I also find it great how your weapons and cash are transferred over every time you complete the game. The voice acting is great, the animation is smooth and RE4 gets my 10/10. Expand
  97. SamP.
    Feb 3, 2007
    The PS2 version has more extras than its GCN predecessor, but the graphics are slightly but noticeably inferior. Having said that, this game is certainly the best RE ever and one of the best games on either system. The story is admittedly cliche (kidnapping the President's daughter? Come on), and the dialogue is as bad as usual for RE, but none of that matters. This game puts The PS2 version has more extras than its GCN predecessor, but the graphics are slightly but noticeably inferior. Having said that, this game is certainly the best RE ever and one of the best games on either system. The story is admittedly cliche (kidnapping the President's daughter? Come on), and the dialogue is as bad as usual for RE, but none of that matters. This game puts "Action/Shooter" and "Survival Horror" in a blender to make a smoothie of AWESOME. The enemies are pure awesome. The bosses are pure awesome. The interactive cutscenes are pure awesome. The weapons are pure awesome. Detractors either just don't get it or can't or won't handle the controls. Expand
  98. AdamN.
    Jan 30, 2007
    This games is brilliant! One of my faourites and I have completed it, but started playing it again straight after in the new outfit! Truely magical!
  99. ZachR.
    Jan 25, 2007
    By far the best Resident Evil game ever! The new control system and camera angles are great, not to mention the stunning graphics and memorable story. If you haven't played this game yet, you are not a man.
  100. PhilipP.
    Jan 24, 2007
    I thought I was there for real, I'd like to be able to see forward all the time but hey great fun.
  101. Sep 19, 2013

1. Not playing through it from beginning to end would be missing out on a major milestone in gaming history, not to mention a hell of a lot of fun. [Dec 2005, p.70]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant. [Nov 2005, p.158]
  3. Capcom turned the venerable but stagnant series around with Evil 4 [Nov p.72]