8.9

1. May 21, 2015
  2. Apr 2, 2015
    I was very happy to discover this game for my console back in 2006. It was one of the first games I did play on PS2. I love the whole franchise, but this game is something special. The first game I saw PS2 new features like button combinations during cutscenes and vibro-effects. I liked the game so much that I completed it more then 10 times during one year. The plot is also interesting.I was very happy to discover this game for my console back in 2006. It was one of the first games I did play on PS2. I love the whole franchise, but this game is something special. The first game I saw PS2 new features like button combinations during cutscenes and vibro-effects. I liked the game so much that I completed it more then 10 times during one year. The plot is also interesting. And the music - wow! A masterpiece! Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a great game and I would enthusiastically recommend adding to your play list. It has seriously impressed me and it is a highlight of its time and genre.
  4. Feb 18, 2015
    THE BEST OF THE BEST AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN THE BEST! one day I shall dig up the PS2 AS I wasted $20 on the Xbox 360 version and the controls SUCK ON THE Xbox 360 Version! (Or I'm just not as calm as I was when RE4 for PS2 Released! LOL! anyways PS2 VERSION FOREVER! one day I will get into it again! I just realized that it was the 10th anniversary for RE4 Last Month! Brings heavyTHE BEST OF THE BEST AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN THE BEST! one day I shall dig up the PS2 AS I wasted $20 on the Xbox 360 version and the controls SUCK ON THE Xbox 360 Version! (Or I'm just not as calm as I was when RE4 for PS2 Released! LOL! anyways PS2 VERSION FOREVER! one day I will get into it again! I just realized that it was the 10th anniversary for RE4 Last Month! Brings heavy emotions knowing how old this game is! STILL AMAZING! Expand
  5. Feb 3, 2015
    Best RE game of all time in my opinion (just few step ahead from RE2). You must play this game.
    Survival horror evolved thanks to this game, the third person shooting system just just awesome.
    It brought a new experience to the survival horror games. The story is pretty interesting, the characters are wonderful developed, everyone is interesting and has an important role in the game.
    It brought a new experience to the survival horror games.
    The story is pretty interesting, the characters are wonderful developed, everyone is interesting and has an important role in the game. The atmosphere and the enemies design are top notched for the PS2 console. It's a classic which will live through the time. Few of the games I will score as 10.
  6. Dec 27, 2014
    i swear to god. this game looks like a xbox 360 game or ps3 game. and it was released for the ps2. this game changed resident evil. for the first time this has changed in a good way. but re5 and 6 were bad. i mean 5 was fine but 6 was awful.

re4 was my favorite ps2 game of all time. it didn't looked like a ps2 game. it looked like a xbox 360 game. awesome enemies like the chainsaw and the generators which were scary as **** sometimes hilarious jumpscares from snakes. great story and voice acting. amazing weapons and Quick Time events.
  7. Nov 9, 2014
    Assieme a Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots e a Kingdom Hearts II,questo è il miglior videogioco che io abbia mai giocato in tutta la mia vita.Il migliore.
  8. Nov 5, 2014
    This installment of Resident Evil changed a bit, and introduced more modern characters that move a lot faster, and it was a great update to a series that has been fantastic since Sega Genesis. This game does not disappoint and like all of the main Resident Evil's(Survivor not included) dominate the ratings. You'll enjoy this game until the very end. Also like all Resident Evil games,This installment of Resident Evil changed a bit, and introduced more modern characters that move a lot faster, and it was a great update to a series that has been fantastic since Sega Genesis. This game does not disappoint and like all of the main Resident Evil's(Survivor not included) dominate the ratings. You'll enjoy this game until the very end. Also like all Resident Evil games, expect to be spooked at some point or another, even myself which I rarely ever get spooked. Expand
  9. Oct 25, 2014
    Two words are going to explain this game:Intense and Amazing !!! Easily the best game of the franchise and my best game of 2005 with Gta:San Andreas for the PC.
  10. Oct 25, 2014
    The harbinger of survival horror's extinction in the Triple A scene. Shame, because it's not a bad game.

The game.. well, has a few jump scares and sometimes has a feeling of claustrophobia, but calling it a survival horror still feels wrong. More like a horrific action game. Anyways, the monster design is rather fun, boss fights are pretty varried, and your little companion doesn't get in the way as much as you'd expect, since you can basically just toss her in a bin and leave her there, and more than a few times she just randomly gets seperated from you for extended periods of the game.

So, yeah. The game can be pretty fun. I can't see the hype behind it being the greatest game ever, but gameplay wise it was certainly alot better than previous resident evils. However, the absolute abandonment of atmosphere in favor of it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. And the writing has never been very good in any resident evil, but 4 is what heralded the B grade hollywood action movie shenanigans. At least leon is painfully unfunning in every game he tries.

Anyways, the game is fun enough, but I'm a bit sour over what it brought upon. I wish its dialogue just wasnt so.. ugh.
  11. Oct 14, 2014
    my #1 game all the time Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant .............................................
  12. Sep 13, 2014
    LEva a serie a novos horizontes utilizando uma nova formula. Sendo criticado por fugir da formula classica da serie é visto com um certo pre conceito pelos fas da franquia, o que é um erro pois é um excelente jogo e bem desafiador quando jogado no hard e com um curioso mini game de tiro e o mercador misterioso que aparece em todos os lugares. Bola dentro da capcom.
  13. Sep 13, 2014
    RE 1 and 2 were clearly major hits that propelled the series into almost countless novels, comic books, movies, merchandise and of course all the spin-off games. Once the series made it to RE2, Capcom of course released RE 3, which wasn't hated... but it was boring. Which is probably the worst insult you can give to a video game. At least if you hate something you are mad because youRE 1 and 2 were clearly major hits that propelled the series into almost countless novels, comic books, movies, merchandise and of course all the spin-off games. Once the series made it to RE2, Capcom of course released RE 3, which wasn't hated... but it was boring. Which is probably the worst insult you can give to a video game. At least if you hate something you are mad because you wanted something else or something more. It was clear to Capcom that just using the original formula of survival horror wasn't going to work for RE4. This is where everything changed for the series, and quite dramatically, not minor.

It was the first time ammo conservation was too easy, especially for a seasoned RE player. The voice acting in this one was quite bad, considering how it was their first triple A release. The Spanish characters speak using some generic English accent and often say 'bloke', which is an Australian term. According to Americans, all people outside of America (Capcom's translation team) are a conglomerate of random things merely outside of America.I get that the voice acting in RE1 was horrible, but the funding was very low and it was a game from 1996, not 2005.

The game was far from scary as it was trying too hard to entertain. Seeing "zombies" place traps and pick up chainsaws turned the initial (and anticipated) opening experience from bread and butter zombie fighting to just silly, over-the-top, juvenile attempts at horror. As the game progressed on, it shifted into an even worse, bad, pre-juvenille Halloween scare-show that your parents would take you to. Every monster was trying too hard to scare you, and that just defeated the purpose immediately. What made the originally RE games scary was the remote feeling of being left behind with zombies, not on some kind of freak show where monsters from every bad 80's movie keep calling you over to look at them like an attention starved drama queen.

And the I think the worst insult I can give this game is that it was BORING. I couldn't bring myself to play it after 10 hours or so. Capcom just took a giant dookie on this game, and copied the same crap that Konami was doing for Resident Evil ("epic" boss fights against giants, cinema like cut scenes which make no sense in a survival horror game). It was Capcom's all out attempt to re-make a game that was amazing when it first came out and when challanged with making something new and good again they failed both times. First with RE:3, which was just a boring, hastily put together copy of RE:2, and then with RE:4 which was just a re-done franchise and almost near copy of every generic PS2 action game.
  14. Aug 11, 2014
    This is THE best action/horror game I have ever played and one of my all time favorites.
    The feature that makes it so special and unique is it's brilliant and memorable atmosphere which makes you really identify with the main character. The switch between action/horror/relief/tension building is perfectly done and leaves you in awe. I still play and enjoy this game today, when the nostalgia feeling hits me.
  15. Jul 25, 2014
    Best Resident Evil. I've ended on the Wii, PS2, and Xbox 360 7 times. Leon is beast. Those kicks he does are really impressive. There are so many unforgettable characters even from the previous games. They really out done themselves.
  16. Jun 3, 2014
    Simply put, One of the best games EVER made. If u cant enjoy this, u seriously need help. To this date i enjoy the game EVERY **** time i play it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. May 18, 2014
    This may not be the greatest survival horror game in history but it is the hybrid of action and horror with a over the top shoulder camera angle for better accuracy for the first time in the history of the franchise. But the horror tension is mostly removed comparing it to the trilogy of pure horror; but it showed some of the best graphics of the year, a better camera angle despite theThis may not be the greatest survival horror game in history but it is the hybrid of action and horror with a over the top shoulder camera angle for better accuracy for the first time in the history of the franchise. But the horror tension is mostly removed comparing it to the trilogy of pure horror; but it showed some of the best graphics of the year, a better camera angle despite the lack of horror, customizable weapons, unique enemies and great acting. And you could choose limited ammunition if you don't customize your weapons making the game more difficult than usual. The downside of the game is ASHLEY because she is basically useless; so useless that LEON did not kiss on the end of the game. But overall the game was outstanding with it's improvements except for the survival horror aspect but it became one of my favorites action and horror themed game ever. Expand
  18. May 14, 2014
    I played RE 5 at my friends house it is amazingly fun. Coop goes a long way in making a game great. Resident Evil does not have Coop! The controls have you shoot with X!!! Every shooting game uses R1 or R2. I hate using x it is clunky as a shooter. Plus Ashley scenarios are the worst. Really Capcom you could not give us the option to Give Ashley a gun to defend herself! She is helpless inI played RE 5 at my friends house it is amazingly fun. Coop goes a long way in making a game great. Resident Evil does not have Coop! The controls have you shoot with X!!! Every shooting game uses R1 or R2. I hate using x it is clunky as a shooter. Plus Ashley scenarios are the worst. Really Capcom you could not give us the option to Give Ashley a gun to defend herself! She is helpless in the game and the game is only fun when she is away or when you are trying to find her again. The Ada Wong missions are a Joke.. The one boss that use FEATHERS to deflect a RPG is dumb. He is a real pain to beat but i did kill him. I beat the game and may never play it again. RE 5 is just too great to want to go back at all! Collapse
  19. May 1, 2014
    This game is the best game in the series, besides that was the beginning of a gender change in Resident Evil. The gameplay is awesome and the graphics too, deserves perfect score.
  20. Apr 28, 2014
    This game is beyond amazing. I've replayed and beat this game over 20 times. This game is very scary and intense. With new game play mechanics we didn't see in the previous installments, it was such a surprise. Even though this game didn't offer the boring slow zombies, it did offer amazing and scary new enemies. Very happy I've played this game during my childhood.
  21. Mar 16, 2014
    When I picked this game up for the first time last week I thought "It can't be as good as people say." Well, I'll tell you I was surprised when I got into playing it. It has a very original combat system with shooting and it makes a more challenging game, it's not like some shooters on the PS2 where it auto-locks and all you have to do is press the shoot button. Don't get me wrong, it'sWhen I picked this game up for the first time last week I thought "It can't be as good as people say." Well, I'll tell you I was surprised when I got into playing it. It has a very original combat system with shooting and it makes a more challenging game, it's not like some shooters on the PS2 where it auto-locks and all you have to do is press the shoot button. Don't get me wrong, it's not a challenge because its broken. Its a challenge because when a villager is charging you, sometimes you cant line up the shot and have to pull your knife and brawl for your life. I also really like the inventory system, if you are OCD and want to make everything just right, you can spend almost hours combining, crafting, and sorting your inventory. The controls are simple and are easy to understand. It takes under a minute in the first part of the game to get everything down. The game-play mechanics will have you saving every last bullet so you don't run out (or maybe i'm just really bad at saving my ammo). I also liked, at the beginning, the scarcity of ammo for everything but your pistol, then making you fight hordes of villagers with a grenade, 6 shotgun shells, and 20 or so bullets in your pistol. Verdict: A must own for video game collectors, or anyone who owns a PS2. Expand
  22. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is very disappointing when compared to earlier Resident Evil games. First of all, it's not a survival horror; you have a bunch of ammo and health throughout the game, rather it is a shooter game. Second, there is no atmosphere; it has no or few horror elements. Details like merchant, items falling from enemies (not zombies), yellow herbs (superhuman health increasement) etc. ruin it all together. Third, plot is in my opinion stupid and has nothing to do with the prequels. Fourth - I really hate Hollywood details and cliches in this game.
    But still, if you like shooting and blowing up masses, you should play this "survival horror".
  23. Feb 27, 2014
    This game has virtually nothing wrong with it. From the moment I started playing it hooked on to me and never let go, the game in my opinion is a perfect blend of action and horror which has never been successfully replicated since. In my mind, it's a masterpiece.
  24. Feb 18, 2014
    Along with Silent Hill 2, this is THE Survival Horror game. It's amazing, innovative, scary. Controls are amazing, graphics are good. The only downside is probably "LEON! LEON!". But that is nothing compared to the rest of the game.
  25. Jan 7, 2014
    A game that change the traditional style of his ancestors, to make a game that had awkward cameras and clumsy controls to another completely different, clearly frame trend to another resident evils
  26. Dec 19, 2013
    One of the best horror, I will remember this game forever, she spent a lot of time, but Resident Evil 5 I like more, be sure to play this game if you have not played
  27. Dec 10, 2013
    When Resident Evil 4 first released back 2005, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was ok part just thanks to Ada Scenes along with Wesker Scenes,
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Story: 6/10
    Total: 7/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    This game is creepy. The first and the best the "new" Resident Evil game, you are taken to a cult village in Spain to rescue the presidents daughter. The more you discover about the cult and your various encounters with the villagers (who have parasites called Las Plagas in their head) make you nervous to play this game.i. 2004 these graphics were insane and still hold up today. Plus, goodThis game is creepy. The first and the best the "new" Resident Evil game, you are taken to a cult village in Spain to rescue the presidents daughter. The more you discover about the cult and your various encounters with the villagers (who have parasites called Las Plagas in their head) make you nervous to play this game.i. 2004 these graphics were insane and still hold up today. Plus, good voice acting in this franchise is a change and Leon actually sounds believable. The gameplay is smooth and precise, for example it is hard to get a direct shot without the gun moving because it takes in real life factors like breathing. Now people complain it lost its survival horror roots with this game (and I agree the series eventually did) but if you play that opening village scene without terror (especially when chainsaw man comes out) you are probably not human. So go on, prepared to get scared and return to a time of good Resident Evil games, and the only good Resident Evil game that has a good story, good gameplay, and good graphics. It's not the original GameCube version but in some aspects the PS2 version is better. So play it, just bring an extra pair of pants. Expand
  29. Oct 11, 2013
    EN: Resident Evil 4 has some good improvements, looks awesome and plays awesome, but the story could be better. A solid 8 feels right.
    PT-BR: Resident Evil 4 apresenta algumas boas melhorias, tem aparência incrível e jogabilidade incrível, mas a história podia ser melhor. Um sólido 8 me parece correto.
  30. Oct 9, 2013
    An excellent combination of survival horror and third-person shooter action, RE4 delivers in all aspects of a near-perfect and engaging game. As others come and go, Resident Evil 4 will be remembered as a true classic.
  31. May 14, 2014

1. Not playing through it from beginning to end would be missing out on a major milestone in gaming history, not to mention a hell of a lot of fun. [Dec 2005, p.70]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant. [Nov 2005, p.158]
  3. Capcom turned the venerable but stagnant series around with Evil 4 [Nov p.72]