8.9

1. Oct 9, 2013
    *Sigh* How the hell do i start...? Oh, yes! RE4 is the worst piece of survival horror crap ever! Seriously, critics! Were you high when playing this game? 96 point average?! What the hell?! The game is so flawed i could use it as toilet paper! Why is the game so terrible? Well, to start, the QTEs. They give you no time to react and brutally punishes you for wanting to enjoy a cutscene!*Sigh* How the hell do i start...? Oh, yes! RE4 is the worst piece of survival horror crap ever! Seriously, critics! Were you high when playing this game? 96 point average?! What the hell?! The game is so flawed i could use it as toilet paper! Why is the game so terrible? Well, to start, the QTEs. They give you no time to react and brutally punishes you for wanting to enjoy a cutscene! Seriously, Capcom! You could at least warn us! At least you had the sense to either make us start QTEs of our own accord (like in boss fights) or you have time to react in RE6. Plus, I thought RE6 was an amazing game! Oh, and let's not forget 'Leon. Leon! LEOOOOOOON!!!!' I hate Ashley's guts. SCREW THIS AWFUL GAME! Expand
  2. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is very disappointing when compared to earlier Resident Evil games. First of all, it's not a survival horror; you have a bunch of ammo and health throughout the game, rather it is a shooter game. Second, there is no atmosphere; it has no or few horror elements. Details like merchant, items falling from enemies (not zombies), yellow herbs (superhuman health increasement) etc. ruin it all together. Third, plot is in my opinion stupid and has nothing to do with the prequels. Fourth - I really hate Hollywood details and cliches in this game.
    But still, if you like shooting and blowing up masses, you should play this "survival horror".
  3. Dec 10, 2013
    When Resident Evil 4 first released back 2005, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was ok part just thanks to Ada Scenes along with Wesker Scenes,
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Story: 6/10
    Total: 7/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  4. Sep 13, 2014
    RE 1 and 2 were clearly major hits that propelled the series into almost countless novels, comic books, movies, merchandise and of course all the spin-off games. Once the series made it to RE2, Capcom of course released RE 3, which wasn't hated... but it was boring. Which is probably the worst insult you can give to a video game. At least if you hate something you are mad because youRE 1 and 2 were clearly major hits that propelled the series into almost countless novels, comic books, movies, merchandise and of course all the spin-off games. Once the series made it to RE2, Capcom of course released RE 3, which wasn't hated... but it was boring. Which is probably the worst insult you can give to a video game. At least if you hate something you are mad because you wanted something else or something more. It was clear to Capcom that just using the original formula of survival horror wasn't going to work for RE4. This is where everything changed for the series, and quite dramatically, not minor.

It was the first time ammo conservation was too easy, especially for a seasoned RE player. The voice acting in this one was quite bad, considering how it was their first triple A release. The Spanish characters speak using some generic English accent and often say 'bloke', which is an Australian term. According to Americans, all people outside of America (Capcom's translation team) are a conglomerate of random things merely outside of America.I get that the voice acting in RE1 was horrible, but the funding was very low and it was a game from 1996, not 2005.

The game was far from scary as it was trying too hard to entertain. Seeing "zombies" place traps and pick up chainsaws turned the initial (and anticipated) opening experience from bread and butter zombie fighting to just silly, over-the-top, juvenile attempts at horror. As the game progressed on, it shifted into an even worse, bad, pre-juvenille Halloween scare-show that your parents would take you to. Every monster was trying too hard to scare you, and that just defeated the purpose immediately. What made the originally RE games scary was the remote feeling of being left behind with zombies, not on some kind of freak show where monsters from every bad 80's movie keep calling you over to look at them like an attention starved drama queen.

And the I think the worst insult I can give this game is that it was BORING. I couldn't bring myself to play it after 10 hours or so. Capcom just took a giant dookie on this game, and copied the same crap that Konami was doing for Resident Evil ("epic" boss fights against giants, cinema like cut scenes which make no sense in a survival horror game). It was Capcom's all out attempt to re-make a game that was amazing when it first came out and when challanged with making something new and good again they failed both times. First with RE:3, which was just a boring, hastily put together copy of RE:2, and then with RE:4 which was just a re-done franchise and almost near copy of every generic PS2 action game.
  5. Mar 14, 2012
    Overrated, boring game that fully discrases the name of resident evil. Capcom took there fans and took a complete dookie on there face and smeared it around! This is a terrible game. Its not even an RE GAME! WOW! Its got Leon And Ada... Woopty doo, its still not worthy of bearing the name Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 should of been something completely different. This is stupid. BuyOverrated, boring game that fully discrases the name of resident evil. Capcom took there fans and took a complete dookie on there face and smeared it around! This is a terrible game. Its not even an RE GAME! WOW! Its got Leon And Ada... Woopty doo, its still not worthy of bearing the name Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 should of been something completely different. This is stupid. Buy Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Code veronica, or Resident evil Operation Raccoon City INstead! Expand
  6. May 14, 2014
    I played RE 5 at my friends house it is amazingly fun. Coop goes a long way in making a game great. Resident Evil does not have Coop! The controls have you shoot with X!!! Every shooting game uses R1 or R2. I hate using x it is clunky as a shooter. Plus Ashley scenarios are the worst. Really Capcom you could not give us the option to Give Ashley a gun to defend herself! She is helpless inI played RE 5 at my friends house it is amazingly fun. Coop goes a long way in making a game great. Resident Evil does not have Coop! The controls have you shoot with X!!! Every shooting game uses R1 or R2. I hate using x it is clunky as a shooter. Plus Ashley scenarios are the worst. Really Capcom you could not give us the option to Give Ashley a gun to defend herself! She is helpless in the game and the game is only fun when she is away or when you are trying to find her again. The Ada Wong missions are a Joke.. The one boss that use FEATHERS to deflect a RPG is dumb. He is a real pain to beat but i did kill him. I beat the game and may never play it again. RE 5 is just too great to want to go back at all! Expand

1. Not playing through it from beginning to end would be missing out on a major milestone in gaming history, not to mention a hell of a lot of fun. [Dec 2005, p.70]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant. [Nov 2005, p.158]
  3. Capcom turned the venerable but stagnant series around with Evil 4 [Nov p.72]