8.9

1. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a great game and I would enthusiastically recommend adding to your play list. It has seriously impressed me and it is a highlight of its time and genre.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    An excellent combination of survival horror and third-person shooter action, RE4 delivers in all aspects of a near-perfect and engaging game. As others come and go, Resident Evil 4 will be remembered as a true classic.
  3. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game on all erath.I played in this game on ps2 pc xbox 360 and on pc again and again. this game have all of need great game graphic (on 2005) gameplay story and music Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    EN: Resident Evil 4 has some good improvements, looks awesome and plays awesome, but the story could be better. A solid 8 feels right.
    PT-BR: Resident Evil 4 apresenta algumas boas melhorias, tem aparência incrível e jogabilidade incrível, mas a história podia ser melhor. Um sólido 8 me parece correto.
  5. Apr 11, 2016
  6. Nov 28, 2013
    This game is creepy. The first and the best the "new" Resident Evil game, you are taken to a cult village in Spain to rescue the presidents daughter. The more you discover about the cult and your various encounters with the villagers (who have parasites called Las Plagas in their head) make you nervous to play this game.i. 2004 these graphics were insane and still hold up today. Plus, goodThis game is creepy. The first and the best the "new" Resident Evil game, you are taken to a cult village in Spain to rescue the presidents daughter. The more you discover about the cult and your various encounters with the villagers (who have parasites called Las Plagas in their head) make you nervous to play this game.i. 2004 these graphics were insane and still hold up today. Plus, good voice acting in this franchise is a change and Leon actually sounds believable. The gameplay is smooth and precise, for example it is hard to get a direct shot without the gun moving because it takes in real life factors like breathing. Now people complain it lost its survival horror roots with this game (and I agree the series eventually did) but if you play that opening village scene without terror (especially when chainsaw man comes out) you are probably not human. So go on, prepared to get scared and return to a time of good Resident Evil games, and the only good Resident Evil game that has a good story, good gameplay, and good graphics. It's not the original GameCube version but in some aspects the PS2 version is better. So play it, just bring an extra pair of pants. Expand
  7. Jan 28, 2017
    Gameplay wise this game is very revolutionary. I think most people agree that it's the first action-adventure TPS with perfected gameplay, puzzles and aiming system.

Since there are a few modes you can unlock after finishing the main story, you can spend hours and hours until game completion. (I bet if the game was released nowadays you would have to pay to unlock the extra modes as DLC) Not to mention replayability is excellent - no wonder why people are still playing it 10 years ago after its release!

Now let's be honest. I love RE4 gameplay wise, but story wise it's horrible.
    1. STORY IS **** It took place in Spain, has nothing to do with Umbrella and zombies.
    2. This isn't even horror. It's just a shooting game. You never run out of ammo and there are no scares either.

This game should be released as a one-off side story, never as Resident Evil 4. I absolutely loved the setting of the demo - it has that eerie and claustrophobic atmosphere of previous RE games and pretty interesting settings (took place in a locked down castle, hallucinations from infection etc). RE4 really wasted the opportunity to be a proper RE sequel, which is a huge shame.

This game is also where the series went downhill. Because it is so successful, Capcom tried to remake this action-without-horror-TPS spinoff twice (as sequels again, no less) and failed miserably. How surprising.
  8. Dec 19, 2013
    One of the best horror, I will remember this game forever, she spent a lot of time, but Resident Evil 5 I like more, be sure to play this game if you have not played
  9. Jan 7, 2014
    A game that change the traditional style of his ancestors, to make a game that had awkward cameras and clumsy controls to another completely different, clearly frame trend to another resident evils
  10. May 1, 2014
    This game is the best game in the series, besides that was the beginning of a gender change in Resident Evil. The gameplay is awesome and the graphics too, deserves perfect score.
  11. Feb 27, 2014
    This game has virtually nothing wrong with it. From the moment I started playing it hooked on to me and never let go, the game in my opinion is a perfect blend of action and horror which has never been successfully replicated since. In my mind, it's a masterpiece.
  12. Mar 16, 2014
    When I picked this game up for the first time last week I thought "It can't be as good as people say." Well, I'll tell you I was surprised when I got into playing it. It has a very original combat system with shooting and it makes a more challenging game, it's not like some shooters on the PS2 where it auto-locks and all you have to do is press the shoot button. Don't get me wrong, it'sWhen I picked this game up for the first time last week I thought "It can't be as good as people say." Well, I'll tell you I was surprised when I got into playing it. It has a very original combat system with shooting and it makes a more challenging game, it's not like some shooters on the PS2 where it auto-locks and all you have to do is press the shoot button. Don't get me wrong, it's not a challenge because its broken. Its a challenge because when a villager is charging you, sometimes you cant line up the shot and have to pull your knife and brawl for your life. I also really like the inventory system, if you are OCD and want to make everything just right, you can spend almost hours combining, crafting, and sorting your inventory. The controls are simple and are easy to understand. It takes under a minute in the first part of the game to get everything down. The game-play mechanics will have you saving every last bullet so you don't run out (or maybe i'm just really bad at saving my ammo). I also liked, at the beginning, the scarcity of ammo for everything but your pistol, then making you fight hordes of villagers with a grenade, 6 shotgun shells, and 20 or so bullets in your pistol. Verdict: A must own for video game collectors, or anyone who owns a PS2. Expand
  13. Aug 11, 2014
    This is THE best action/horror game I have ever played and one of my all time favorites.
    The feature that makes it so special and unique is it's brilliant and memorable atmosphere which makes you really identify with the main character. The switch between action/horror/relief/tension building is perfectly done and leaves you in awe. I still play and enjoy this game today, when the nostalgia feeling hits me.
  14. Apr 28, 2014
    This game is beyond amazing. I've replayed and beat this game over 20 times. This game is very scary and intense. With new game play mechanics we didn't see in the previous installments, it was such a surprise. Even though this game didn't offer the boring slow zombies, it did offer amazing and scary new enemies. Very happy I've played this game during my childhood.
  15. Jul 25, 2014
    Best Resident Evil. I've ended on the Wii, PS2, and Xbox 360 7 times. Leon is beast. Those kicks he does are really impressive. There are so many unforgettable characters even from the previous games. They really out done themselves.
  16. Sep 13, 2014
    LEva a serie a novos horizontes utilizando uma nova formula. Sendo criticado por fugir da formula classica da serie é visto com um certo pre conceito pelos fas da franquia, o que é um erro pois é um excelente jogo e bem desafiador quando jogado no hard e com um curioso mini game de tiro e o mercador misterioso que aparece em todos os lugares. Bola dentro da capcom.
  17. Sep 9, 2016
    I will never understand why Resident Evil 4 got all this praise. Although I played all of RE games and this was the first one I completed, all the horror from previous titles simply vanished. All that's left is an average 3rd person corridor shooter with quite nice setting. Really the best thing in this game was the rural spain and the grotesque enemies, especially rednecks and thisI will never understand why Resident Evil 4 got all this praise. Although I played all of RE games and this was the first one I completed, all the horror from previous titles simply vanished. All that's left is an average 3rd person corridor shooter with quite nice setting. Really the best thing in this game was the rural spain and the grotesque enemies, especially rednecks and this creature with the bag on its head. Resident Evil should be remembered for the original trilogy, not for this or the crappy movies. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2014
    The harbinger of survival horror's extinction in the Triple A scene. Shame, because it's not a bad game.

The game.. well, has a few jump scares and sometimes has a feeling of claustrophobia, but calling it a survival horror still feels wrong. More like a horrific action game. Anyways, the monster design is rather fun, boss fights are pretty varried, and your little companion doesn't get in the way as much as you'd expect, since you can basically just toss her in a bin and leave her there, and more than a few times she just randomly gets seperated from you for extended periods of the game.

So, yeah. The game can be pretty fun. I can't see the hype behind it being the greatest game ever, but gameplay wise it was certainly alot better than previous resident evils. However, the absolute abandonment of atmosphere in favor of it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. And the writing has never been very good in any resident evil, but 4 is what heralded the B grade hollywood action movie shenanigans. At least leon is painfully unfunning in every game he tries.

Anyways, the game is fun enough, but I'm a bit sour over what it brought upon. I wish its dialogue just wasnt so.. ugh.
  19. Oct 25, 2014
    Two words are going to explain this game:Intense and Amazing !!! Easily the best game of the franchise and my best game of 2005 with Gta:San Andreas for the PC.
  20. Nov 9, 2014
    Assieme a Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots e a Kingdom Hearts II,questo è il miglior videogioco che io abbia mai giocato in tutta la mia vita.Il migliore.
  21. Oct 7, 2015
    My favorite Resident Evil game, and I've been a fan since day one too. Although the zombies have been replaced, the cunning and creepiness this gem brought to the table makes up for staying with old and familiar. Beautiful game.
  22. Feb 18, 2015
    THE BEST OF THE BEST AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN THE BEST! one day I shall dig up the PS2 AS I wasted $20 on the Xbox 360 version and the controls SUCK ON THE Xbox 360 Version! (Or I'm just not as calm as I was when RE4 for PS2 Released! LOL! anyways PS2 VERSION FOREVER! one day I will get into it again! I just realized that it was the 10th anniversary for RE4 Last Month! Brings heavyTHE BEST OF THE BEST AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN THE BEST! one day I shall dig up the PS2 AS I wasted $20 on the Xbox 360 version and the controls SUCK ON THE Xbox 360 Version! (Or I'm just not as calm as I was when RE4 for PS2 Released! LOL! anyways PS2 VERSION FOREVER! one day I will get into it again! I just realized that it was the 10th anniversary for RE4 Last Month! Brings heavy emotions knowing how old this game is! STILL AMAZING! Expand
  23. May 21, 2015
  24. Jun 5, 2015
    um dos melhores jogos que ja joguei, é o melhor desde re 2. O jogo pode não conter mais aquele terror como nos anteriores mas pra mim ainda é perfeito
  25. Jun 30, 2016
    i dont really think that 5000 letters are enough to describe how perfect this game is !! if you have the chance to get it, JUST DO IT !!!! best game ever 1000000000000000000000/10
  26. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the best game of the ps2 consol. I was so addicted to it. The graphics are wonderful and brilliant. This is my all time favorite game. If you dont have it get it. Trust me it is worth it. Expand
  27. Aug 3, 2015
    When reviewing RE4 there's really not many negatives to list which is why it's so high on most gamers lists. Many would claim this game marked the beginning of the ending for RE, but others like me say this is definitely one of the franchise's strongest points overall.
  28. Aug 23, 2015
    Probably the most boring RE game ever. Original RE atmosphere is gone. Plot is not bad, but not interesting either. Character design is good, Leon and Ada looks much better than in RE2. It's a bit too long, it gets really boring at the end.
  29. Aug 26, 2015
    Resident evil 4 is a masterpiece, the 2nd greatest game in the series. the graphics are stunning for the time, the cut scenes and voice acting are amazing. The game play is so much fun and very well paced. the game's level design is very similar to 2009's RE 5 but much more polished and more like the first 3 games in terms of style.A pretty long game with tons of extras and guns to tryResident evil 4 is a masterpiece, the 2nd greatest game in the series. the graphics are stunning for the time, the cut scenes and voice acting are amazing. The game play is so much fun and very well paced. the game's level design is very similar to 2009's RE 5 but much more polished and more like the first 3 games in terms of style.A pretty long game with tons of extras and guns to try keep the game long and fresh and never gets old.
    9.7/10
  30. Sep 1, 2015
    This one of my Favorite game of all time. This game had a new story, new gameplay, great graphics. The cutscenes were great . this Resident Evil wasn't like the previous ones. This was less Horror more action and more fun to play

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    Not playing through it from beginning to end would be missing out on a major milestone in gaming history, not to mention a hell of a lot of fun. [Dec 2005, p.70]
  2. Game Informer
    Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant. [Nov 2005, p.158]
  3. Play Magazine