Resident Evil 4 PlayStation 2

8.9

1. RenniV.
    Jun 9, 2007
    Fun, exciting and easy to play. Best of the series!
  2. DillanN.
    Jan 3, 2006
    This game is the best game of the ps2 consol. I was so addicted to it. The graphics are wonderful and brilliant. This is my all time favorite game. If you dont have it get it. Trust me it is worth it.
  3. AlfredG.
    Aug 19, 2006
    I've played and past this game 20 times and still it's not starting to get boring I used to play it every Saturday and Sunday from 5:00am to 11:00pm
  4. JamesBenjamin
    Oct 23, 2005
    Absolutely brilliant, the graphics are a work of art, and the gameplay is awesome.
  5. ParkerO'Bryant
    Oct 20, 2005
    Way better than the Gamecube version.
  6. AnsonG.
    Apr 5, 2006
    1st, i thought this game was boring at all. When i play this game, i feel very impressive. No wonder this game was 1st award. i doubt this (ps2) Resident Evil 4 is best then Resident Evil 4(Gamecube) was created in 2004. Anyway i very grateful about this game. Good work, Capcom.
  7. CharlieG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    If you were not interested with previous RE games, RE4 will manipulate your brain and force you to love it, while you'll be enjoying every microsecond of it.
  8. mikeg
    Apr 6, 2009
    Just finish resident evil 5 and figure i pick up 4 never played it ,,wow its awsome and insane,,don't know which one is better,but do yourself a favor and play this game...i think its longer then 5 and has lots of extra, and no coop and i think thats a good thing cause sheeva can be a pain.
  9. JJReyes
    Nov 6, 2005
    Man, this game just owns. I am so happy it made its way onto the PS2. I love to extra missions too.
  10. BobDole
    Nov 8, 2005
    Awesome game! Absolutely MUST HAVE!!!!
  11. TomL.
    Nov 9, 2005
    The Best PSTwo Game That Ever Did Exist. Period.
  12. LewisD.
    Oct 25, 2005
    Same as on Gamecube, with more extras.
  13. JohnK.
    Jan 17, 2006
    Okay, okay, the controls are hard at first; trust me, stick with it. It'll take you an hour or two, after which you'll be playing the best game you've ever played. Fun combat makes you feel really bada$$, and it'll frighten you a bit, too (though it prefers to creep you out). This is one of the best games ever made for any console--don't listen to the haters or Okay, okay, the controls are hard at first; trust me, stick with it. It'll take you an hour or two, after which you'll be playing the best game you've ever played. Fun combat makes you feel really bada$$, and it'll frighten you a bit, too (though it prefers to creep you out). This is one of the best games ever made for any console--don't listen to the haters or you'll be missing something spectacular. Expand
  14. NightFallJosh
    Jan 20, 2006
    I remember walking into my local gaming emporium and seeing a copy of this when it was a GameCubr title only and being blown away by the demo running on the tv's. After handing over my cash and returning to my cube i can safely say that this is the best RE game yet. Simple gameplay, simple controls, mind boggling graphics that push the limits of the hardware and a compelling I remember walking into my local gaming emporium and seeing a copy of this when it was a GameCubr title only and being blown away by the demo running on the tv's. After handing over my cash and returning to my cube i can safely say that this is the best RE game yet. Simple gameplay, simple controls, mind boggling graphics that push the limits of the hardware and a compelling storyline make the title a joy to play for every second your engrossed, the re-play factor is great with you completing the game numerous times to unlock all the weapons and test them out on it's toughest enemies. If you didn't like this game, throw away your console because, quite frankly theres no point in owning one if this doesn't get you going. Expand
  15. PDN
    Mar 21, 2006
    RE 4 was well designed from the graphics to the revamped control system. With the loss of the fixed camera angles and the addition of the free-aim firing controls, RE 4 has ceased to be simply an amazing game, but a true inovator in survival horror. The story was well written and the game play never became stale. It was scary, exciting and a lot of fun. I would recommened this to long RE 4 was well designed from the graphics to the revamped control system. With the loss of the fixed camera angles and the addition of the free-aim firing controls, RE 4 has ceased to be simply an amazing game, but a true inovator in survival horror. The story was well written and the game play never became stale. It was scary, exciting and a lot of fun. I would recommened this to long time RE fans and newcomers alike! Expand
  16. JoseA.
    May 1, 2006
    While the Gamecube version's Graphic's are slightly better than PS2's, I m giving the edge to the PS2 for it's insanely entertaining addition "Seperate Ways".
  17. TimP.
    Jan 12, 2007
    I've just read through some reviews on here and can't believe some of the negative comments. What is so wrong with the control system that makes it so difficult? Once you've played this for a little while it becomes second nature like all good games. Graphics and sound are great, but the gameplay, upgrades, bosses, everything about this game are right out of the top drawer. I've just read through some reviews on here and can't believe some of the negative comments. What is so wrong with the control system that makes it so difficult? Once you've played this for a little while it becomes second nature like all good games. Graphics and sound are great, but the gameplay, upgrades, bosses, everything about this game are right out of the top drawer. I've played alot of games in my time and found this tense, atmospheric and just a pleasure to play. A multi-player option might have been nice on the mercenaries game, but I'm nitpicking really. Just superb. Expand
  18. AdamN.
    Jan 30, 2007
    This games is brilliant! One of my faourites and I have completed it, but started playing it again straight after in the new outfit! Truely magical!
  19. DerekL.
    Jul 1, 2007
    This game is simply amazing. The camera angles put you right in the action. That combined with the great controls, commands, 100 out of 10 point graphics, logic requirements, and just plain awesome storyline, wepons, and minigames makes this game 1,000,000 out of 10 in my opinion.
  20. GatsbyJ.
    Sep 8, 2007
    -I'm on the side of those who think this game is near-perfect. And I have no personal bias in favor of the Resident Evil series, because before I played this game it'd been several months since I had last touched my PS2. But I remembered seeing the Gamecube commercials for this game and thought it looked really good. So I tried it out an LOVED IT. -The graphics still amaze me, -I'm on the side of those who think this game is near-perfect. And I have no personal bias in favor of the Resident Evil series, because before I played this game it'd been several months since I had last touched my PS2. But I remembered seeing the Gamecube commercials for this game and thought it looked really good. So I tried it out an LOVED IT. -The graphics still amaze me, and I think it has some of the best character models and backgrounds on the PS2. The atmosphere is really well-realized: dark, creepy, and best of all, grimy. -The sound was memorable in that subtle sort of way: it's scary when it needs to be, but for the most part the game is silent and uses sound effects to get the mood set. -The characters are hollow but fun to watch on screen. The story is standard Resident Evil nonsense: anyone who plays the series for the story has probably had their brain eaten by zombies. -But the gameplay is what it's all about. The game is fun from beginning to end. The weapons are all great; there's not an over-abundance of ammo lying around so it's challenging. The mutated townsfolk are a nice divergence from the previous zombies, and they're crazy when they run at you. The AI is quite intelligent and challenging. And for those who said there wasn't a single scary moment in the game, well that's cuz this isn't like the old Resident Evil's where things jump out at you. It's a lot harder to do that in true 3-D than pre-rendered games. There's tons of replay value with the different costumes and side-missions. -Yep, definitely one of the best games for the PS2, and one of my all-time favorites. Expand
  21. NigeM
    Jan 4, 2009
    The best game I've ever played bar none. Yes, its better than any of the GTA's or God of war 2 even. Addictive, atmospheric, and satisfying gameplay. It constantly exceeded my high expectations and the difficulty level was pitch perfect. If resident evil 5 is as good i'll finally upgrade to PS3.
  22. PaulM
    Mar 31, 2009
    This game deserve a perfect 10 with it's wicked gameplay and tight controls.
  23. RJW
    Sep 12, 2009
    I loved this game from the look to he controls. Its easily my favorite game for the PS2 and definitely on my top 3 of all time. If you like action you must play this game.
  24. TonyM
    Jan 22, 2010
    This game has intense action, hard but fun bosses,amazing guns and easy controls. I love the chainsaws when they cut off your head! There are so many fun secrets to die!!! re4 is the best game ever!!
  25. JaredN.
    Nov 1, 2005
    The Game is hands down the best Resident Evil game out there, with excellent camera angles, upgradable weaponry, and hell an overall fun time, this game should be 10/10 no doubt, only flaw is the graphics are a bit worse, but not by much...this game is a 10. (to the people who gave this a low score, you must not be into resident evil games to relize this game is a total beauty and should The Game is hands down the best Resident Evil game out there, with excellent camera angles, upgradable weaponry, and hell an overall fun time, this game should be 10/10 no doubt, only flaw is the graphics are a bit worse, but not by much...this game is a 10. (to the people who gave this a low score, you must not be into resident evil games to relize this game is a total beauty and should be cherished) Expand
  26. Virti
    Nov 1, 2005
    I loved all resident evil games and this one is no different.
  27. max
    Nov 23, 2005
    the best game ever!! I just got it, well ive been playing 4 hours. im in some messed up castle and its the best, craziest, the most inventive, and maybe one of the hardest and longest games ever!
  28. KavveenKanagaraj
    Nov 30, 2005
    this game is dicaraquadaly feithasde(english) in german it means est ce ce du da la de.I wan into the local grocery storeand saw this hansome guy on the case just like me(but iam hot)so i brought it for my ps5 but it was crap like my brastlade so i cradewilr iete wo la ce mon cotylydon la diacot vou sec?
  29. PlamenD.
    Oct 13, 2005
    Best survivor horror game ever!!
  30. AHenry
    Dec 1, 2005
    to date the greatest Resident Evil game I played the envoment is more interactive graphics are impressive the A.I is smarter than the zombies in the previous R.E games the abely to make your wepons more powerfull ,reload faster and fire faster. It still have find items to go to diffent places and it realy feels like a servivor horror game . But next year Resident Evil 5 is going to blow to date the greatest Resident Evil game I played the envoment is more interactive graphics are impressive the A.I is smarter than the zombies in the previous R.E games the abely to make your wepons more powerfull ,reload faster and fire faster. It still have find items to go to diffent places and it realy feels like a servivor horror game . But next year Resident Evil 5 is going to blow this game away big time. Expand

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    Not playing through it from beginning to end would be missing out on a major milestone in gaming history, not to mention a hell of a lot of fun. [Dec 2005, p.70]
  2. Game Informer
    Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is a landmark video game, no matter what system you play it on... Truly brilliant. [Nov 2005, p.158]
  3. Play Magazine