7.7

1. Mar 24, 2016
    One of the best RE games and with infinitely better coop than the newer installments. It's late and I don't want to think so..........................
  2. Feb 11, 2015
    This is by far my favorite resident evil game ever made. *Drops the mic* Alright now let me get serious and explain why. For one this is the gameplay style of a classic resident evil game, with puzzles and a variety of characters with differing abilities to playthrough with. With characters having relatins and that effecting how much they'll stick with you and how helpful they'll be. I'llThis is by far my favorite resident evil game ever made. *Drops the mic* Alright now let me get serious and explain why. For one this is the gameplay style of a classic resident evil game, with puzzles and a variety of characters with differing abilities to playthrough with. With characters having relatins and that effecting how much they'll stick with you and how helpful they'll be. I'll be honest, the game is short but takes a few playthroughs of each of the later scenarios to get them right. I love the characters, the classic gameplay with free movement. All the missions are great fun and interesting, the music is wonderful. This is my favorite Resident Evil game, yet I am willing to realize that Resident Evil 4, 2, Revelations, and Remake are all better games, I just have a special place in my heart for this one. Expand
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    I'm still in shock after seeing the rating of this game. RE Outbreak 2 is probably one of the best RE out there! First off, the atmosphere is fantastic, and it's sure to give goosebumps to anyone. The lonely feeling in case you're playing without companions, the thrill the soundtrack plays and the fear of there being always something dead chasing you. Second, I think that for a game ofI'm still in shock after seeing the rating of this game. RE Outbreak 2 is probably one of the best RE out there! First off, the atmosphere is fantastic, and it's sure to give goosebumps to anyone. The lonely feeling in case you're playing without companions, the thrill the soundtrack plays and the fear of there being always something dead chasing you. Second, I think that for a game of 2005 the graphics are quite good.

Let us talk about gameplay. It probably isn't much different from the other RE, but it has some new features, including that every character has a special skill. For example, Jim is weak and a coward, but he can play dead to avoid zombies, and Kevin is a police officer that can shoot a gun more powerfully than anyone. Plus, you can choose which character to play before the levels, and sometimes you might get special dialogue or exclusive items depending on who you choose.

Basically, this game is awesome, a great survival horror with clever puzzles. Don't mind the negative review, go and play!
  4. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil: Outbreak first released back 2005, Gameplay is Perfect, Story is 100% Better then Crap 4-6, Online is Perfect in everyway.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Story: 8/10
    Total: 8/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    It's more or less just a continuation of the game that came before. No innovation, no real improvements, nothing remarkable (aside from the zombie elephant, that was f**king awesome!!!)

Overall:
    This feels more like an expansion and real wasted opportunity to improve upon the original. A real shame, as you can see the potential this series had.
  6. Mar 19, 2013
    I know 10/10 is questionable but I have so many memories with this installment. It kept the whole survival horror aspect, File 2 was of course the best out of the two. I will always consider this the best & the most fun. The characters were not super cops nor soldiers or skilled fighters. Each character had their own stats and special abilities (excluding unlockable skins). Voice chat wasI know 10/10 is questionable but I have so many memories with this installment. It kept the whole survival horror aspect, File 2 was of course the best out of the two. I will always consider this the best & the most fun. The characters were not super cops nor soldiers or skilled fighters. Each character had their own stats and special abilities (excluding unlockable skins). Voice chat was a complain some had, voice chat was only allowed in the lobby but not in game, This could have ruined the game in some ways due to the fact that locating a partner who needs help would have been a cake walk, so no in game chat was a huge plus because it kept players on their toes. Having the ability to talk to players would have ruined most of the memorable moments that scared us and had our hearts pumping. Proximity chat would have been very welcomed, never the less it did not ruin the experience at all.
    When a game leaves you with unforgettable memories (funny, scary, suspensful or plain fun) then you know it is a great game. The outbreak series is by far one of those hidden gems, a cult classic perse'. I for one wish this game got a decent makeover like RE1 did on the NGC. Pros:
    -Survival Horror at it's finest.
    -Normal characters who did not posess super skills but rather required teamwork. -Teamwork was a must; if an allly was injured you could help them up but risk was involved.
    -Bio-monsters from past cannon entries make an appearance as well as new ones.
    -The exclusion of in game chat added to the experience. Players had preset voice commands that were muffled if you were indoors & sounded distant if you were far of course.

Cons:
    -Community was considerably small.
    -The marketting for this title was so bad that most people know nothing about it.
    -Bad timing, this title would have done better on current gen console.

Unfortanately this is an online only title (you won't survive alone), so the chances of going back to experience this cult classic are very slim as I am sure the servers are dead & the chances of a remake or sequel ar also slim due to how obscure this great title was.
    I for one hope to see a revival or a good remake of file 1 & 2.
  7. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop wasBest game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop was wounded, etc.) Expand
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    great game! I love this game and i hope that the game gets a third. PLEASE fans, sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html we need 10000 and have 9000
  9. Aug 25, 2010
    The graphics are simple but the difficulty is absurd, a few bullets and many monsters, is the kind of Resident Evil that is characterized as Survival Horror.
  10. MikeG
    Feb 11, 2007
    People still don't get it. Adding a headset function would take all of the mystery out of each scenario. I wouldn't have played this game as much if someone told me how to do everything the first time. Also, have you played socom? most people using headsets are rude. It's for these reasons I love this game, but also why there won't be a OBF3.
  11. Tom
    Apr 14, 2006
    I agree with Charlie. This game is more in life detail and when Echelon said they run like there drunk well....it started in a bar didnt it they probably are drunk.
  12. CharlieW.
    Oct 29, 2005
    For any idiots who voted one: You're an idiot. [Ed: Logic...] Have you even tryed playing the game online? It's a whole new experience. Why doesn't the game pause when you hit "start" during gameplay? Here's your answer: Does the world pause when take a look in your backpack or when you're loading a weapon? Outbreak gives the game a LIVE feel. RE4 has absolutly For any idiots who voted one: You're an idiot. [Ed: Logic...] Have you even tryed playing the game online? It's a whole new experience. Why doesn't the game pause when you hit "start" during gameplay? Here's your answer: Does the world pause when take a look in your backpack or when you're loading a weapon? Outbreak gives the game a LIVE feel. RE4 has absolutly NO replay value. It was nothing but a mindless gorefest like doom. Expand
  13. Echelon
    Sep 11, 2005
    Great big yawn. Did this game come out in 1995 or 2005? Why is the gameplay so archaic? Why is there more voice chat in the Dreamcast's "Phantasy Star Online" than "RE: Outbreak 2"? Why must my AI companions be so stupid? Why do they run like they're blind and drunk? Why do I have to crawl through virus-infected Raccoon City for like the gazillionth time? Why must I fire my gun Great big yawn. Did this game come out in 1995 or 2005? Why is the gameplay so archaic? Why is there more voice chat in the Dreamcast's "Phantasy Star Online" than "RE: Outbreak 2"? Why must my AI companions be so stupid? Why do they run like they're blind and drunk? Why do I have to crawl through virus-infected Raccoon City for like the gazillionth time? Why must I fire my gun at enemies I can't bloody see? Why doesn't the game pause when I open up my menu screen when I can't even tell my teammates to hold off the zombies? Why is there even a second file? Why why why? Hey, you'd whine too if you wasted money on this dreck. I think would've been better off buying a second copy of "RE4". Expand
  14. DollyN.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I have and played all the resident games and love playing them. They get better every time you make it. Keep up the work and I look forward to the next gameof resident evil. Hopefully its file #3.
  15. JamesC
    Sep 5, 2005
    How disapointing. That pretty much sums it up for me, having been a resident evil fan for so many years i found this game to be very poor indeed. Dont get me wrong the graphics are simply awesome but the interplay between your colleagues in the game is simply shambles- all they do is run around, shouting for help ignoring the commands that you give them. True resi fans SAVE YOUR MONEY and How disapointing. That pretty much sums it up for me, having been a resident evil fan for so many years i found this game to be very poor indeed. Dont get me wrong the graphics are simply awesome but the interplay between your colleagues in the game is simply shambles- all they do is run around, shouting for help ignoring the commands that you give them. True resi fans SAVE YOUR MONEY and wait for resident evil 4 on ps2 the graphics look awesome and i hear the gameplay has returned to its original best. Expand
  16. john
    Jun 29, 2005
    It was a cool game.
  17. Elliott
    May 26, 2005
    Anyone who would rate this game a "10" has a shaky concept of the word "videogame". Or a zombiefied fanboy. This is NOT the best of the best, for all the reasons that the reviewers and fellow gamers below have enumerated. It's dull, plodding, frustrating, and just plain old. Before screaming that it's the "best game in the world", you should try playing it first and see if you Anyone who would rate this game a "10" has a shaky concept of the word "videogame". Or a zombiefied fanboy. This is NOT the best of the best, for all the reasons that the reviewers and fellow gamers below have enumerated. It's dull, plodding, frustrating, and just plain old. Before screaming that it's the "best game in the world", you should try playing it first and see if you don't throw down your controller in frustration a minute or two into the game. An utter disappointment, especially after "RE4" and "Haunting Ground." Expand
  18. RobertM.
    May 24, 2005
    This game is awesome how can it have a 5.5 rating? i love it!!!! 11 best resident evil ever!
  19. ChrisG.
    May 10, 2005
    Well il say the good first, its just friggin awesome! it beats the original in level design and gameplay and even if you cant use chat except dialogue, it still works with the commands (remember tribes whn you couldent say anything? that sucked).The lobbys have changed (in a good way) and it can just be plain fun and exciting. Inow to talk about the game offline (which, i gotta say, is aWell il say the good first, its just friggin awesome! it beats the original in level design and gameplay and even if you cant use chat except dialogue, it still works with the commands (remember tribes whn you couldent say anything? that sucked).The lobbys have changed (in a good way) and it can just be plain fun and exciting. Inow to talk about the game offline (which, i gotta say, is a different story), well some people might think that bad ai isnt all that bad but i gotta say, if your teammate doesnt listen and wanders around or if he/her does, they usually run right into the enemy, and then they wont shut up about helping them out.And the worst part of offline mode, remember when you can become a zombie? Well it ain't here! not even your teammates can become one.So if your completetly insane from them babbling and killing themselves and when, you get just crazy enough to want to kill yourself, you cant get revenge on those bastard ai.All in all id say ,with a few flaws, its an all in all fun game and you just might enjoy it. And please,dont think its bad from your other ideas to make it better, its still fun. Expand
  20. MikailaK.
    May 8, 2005
    I was going to give this a "5", and then I remembered this particular instance when I was playing this game: my group had just survived the zoo level and we were feeling pretty accomplished (at least, that's _what_ I thought we were feeling--everyone kept saying, "Thank you! Thank you!" over and over). Then we reached a place with multiple exits and two of our party chose one we I was going to give this a "5", and then I remembered this particular instance when I was playing this game: my group had just survived the zoo level and we were feeling pretty accomplished (at least, that's _what_ I thought we were feeling--everyone kept saying, "Thank you! Thank you!" over and over). Then we reached a place with multiple exits and two of our party chose one we couldn't see because the crap camera was fixed. So we split up to look for them and our group was effectively decimated (at least, I think they were--I never saw them again). Trying to find them was so bad it was actually funny ("George!" "Mark!" "George!" "Mark!" "Come here!" "Come HERE!" "COME HERE!"), which is not a good thing when playing a game where you're actually supposed to be _scared_. Those people (all five of them) inexplicably clamoring for a return to the old-school RE style of play after the impeccable "RE4" should be wetting themselves over this game, but the rest of us who're used to the modern game era will be frustrated and bored--a bad combination. I'm an RE veteran, but even I wasn't interested or entertained enough to finish "File 2"--not when I've been exposed to better gameplay mechanics and less predictable storylines. I recommend playing "Obscure" instead (at least your AI companion won't be as idiotic), or "Cold Fear". Or "God of War". Or "RE4" for the fifth time. Expand
  21. AB
    May 6, 2005
    Going back to the traditional Resident Evil style was not a great decision. Many fans have played Resident Evil 4 and have seen what the series can be, so why would they care what it was? Basically, Capcom has brought back the terrible controls, static camera angles, and bad AI. Not only that, but they didn't even fix the glaring flaw that plagued the first game: lack of headset Going back to the traditional Resident Evil style was not a great decision. Many fans have played Resident Evil 4 and have seen what the series can be, so why would they care what it was? Basically, Capcom has brought back the terrible controls, static camera angles, and bad AI. Not only that, but they didn't even fix the glaring flaw that plagued the first game: lack of headset functionality. Showing a partner an area on the map is no help, so using any kind of strategy is just too difficult and frustrating. There are a few interesting moments, but not enough to hide the fact that Capcom could have made a better game by giving fans what they want. Even though a few thrills abound, File #2 could have been so much more. Expand
  22. DustinF.
    Apr 26, 2005
    I played a demo and Liked it a lot. I also enjoy the fact that more animals were used like the tigers and the elephant. I think it would be a perfect ten if you could control you character with the USB Headset.
  23. PicolinoA.
    Feb 2, 2005
    The best of the bests.
  24. PaulP.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I hope they make more games of resident evil online it was a great experiance. It was one of the best game i ever played.Plz make more they are so cool im a fan of resident evil. Thank You for making such great game. I'll be waiting for the next game you guys make .

#37 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#15 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 822]
  2. More challenging puzzles, larger levels and new zombies to battle. All of this will please people who liked the first game and none of this will change the minds of people who hate the first game. Some of the key problems with the game like the lack of communication between players still hasn't been solved. [JPN Import]
  3. The best missions are better than the first Outbreak's but the others are too similar. Wait for the UK release to get the best of all words - online and fresh levels. [JPN Import; PSM2]