7.3

1. Sep 27, 2013
    It's more or less just a continuation of the game that came before. No innovation, no real improvements, nothing remarkable (aside from the zombie elephant, that was f**king awesome!!!)

Overall:
    This feels more like an expansion and real wasted opportunity to improve upon the original. A real shame, as you can see the potential this series had.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    great game! I love this game and i hope that the game gets a third. PLEASE fans, sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html we need 10000 and have 9000
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop was wounded, etc.) Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil: Outbreak first released back 2005, Gameplay is Perfect, Story is 100% Better then Crap 4-6, Online is Perfect in everyway.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Story: 8/10
    Total: 8/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  5. Mar 19, 2013
    I know 10/10 is questionable but I have so many memories with this installment. It kept the whole survival horror aspect, File 2 was of course the best out of the two. I will always consider this the best & the most fun. The characters were not super cops nor soldiers or skilled fighters. Each character had their own stats and special abilities (excluding unlockable skins). Voice chat was a complain some had, voice chat was only allowed in the lobby but not in game, This could have ruined the game in some ways due to the fact that locating a partner who needs help would have been a cake walk, so no in game chat was a huge plus because it kept players on their toes. Having the ability to talk to players would have ruined most of the memorable moments that scared us and had our hearts pumping. Proximity chat would have been very welcomed, never the less it did not ruin the experience at all.
    When a game leaves you with unforgettable memories (funny, scary, suspensful or plain fun) then you know it is a great game. The outbreak series is by far one of those hidden gems, a cult classic perse'. I for one wish this game got a decent makeover like RE1 did on the NGC. Pros:
    -Survival Horror at it's finest.
    -Normal characters who did not posess super skills but rather required teamwork. -Teamwork was a must; if an allly was injured you could help them up but risk was involved.
    -Bio-monsters from past cannon entries make an appearance as well as new ones.
    -The exclusion of in game chat added to the experience. Players had preset voice commands that were muffled if you were indoors & sounded distant if you were far of course.

Cons:
    -Community was considerably small.
    -The marketting for this title was so bad that most people know nothing about it.
    -Bad timing, this title would have done better on current gen console.

Unfortanately this is an online only title (you won't survive alone), so the chances of going back to experience this cult classic are very slim as I am sure the servers are dead & the chances of a remake or sequel ar also slim due to how obscure this great title was.
    I for one hope to see a revival or a good remake of file 1 & 2.
  6. Apr 12, 2014
    I'm still in shock after seeing the rating of this game. RE Outbreak 2 is probably one of the best RE out there! First off, the atmosphere is fantastic, and it's sure to give goosebumps to anyone. The lonely feeling in case you're playing without companions, the thrill the soundtrack plays and the fear of there being always something dead chasing you. Second, I think that for a game of 2005 the graphics are quite good.

Let us talk about gameplay. It probably isn't much different from the other RE, but it has some new features, including that every character has a special skill. For example, Jim is weak and a coward, but he can play dead to avoid zombies, and Kevin is a police officer that can shoot a gun more powerfully than anyone. Plus, you can choose which character to play before the levels, and sometimes you might get special dialogue or exclusive items depending on who you choose.

Basically, this game is awesome, a great survival horror with clever puzzles. Don't mind the negative review, go and play!
  7. Aug 25, 2010
    The graphics are simple but the difficulty is absurd, a few bullets and many monsters, is the kind of Resident Evil that is characterized as Survival Horror.

1. 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 822]
  2. More challenging puzzles, larger levels and new zombies to battle. All of this will please people who liked the first game and none of this will change the minds of people who hate the first game. Some of the key problems with the game like the lack of communication between players still hasn't been solved. [JPN Import]
  3. The best missions are better than the first Outbreak's but the others are too similar. Wait for the UK release to get the best of all words - online and fresh levels. [JPN Import; PSM2]