• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Mar 31, 2004
8.3

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Resident Evil fans such as myself will love Outbreak. The CGI graphics are amazing, almost PS3 quality. The puzzles are challenging (yay no more puzzles for 2 year olds), the guns have realistic power and you can use melee weapons like the iron pipe. The new virus gauge keeps you on your toes as well. Ok the AI characters will not stop talking, but other than that, the game is brilliant!
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    great game! I love this game and i hope that the game gets a third. PLEASE fans, sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html we need 10000 and have 9000!
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop was wounded, etc.) Expand
  4. JinF.
    Mar 19, 2004
    I've played this game on japanese version. It's FUN, GRAPHICS can be matched to GameCube, also Don't need to pay monthly fee on US version. BUT, there is a serious problem! LOADING....... Each Loading takes over 10 SECONDS!!!!! If you go next door and get back immediately, you already spent at least 20 SECONDS!!!!! HA! With HDD, it takes 3-4 seconds, BUT WITHOUT HDD, some loading takes almost 18 seconds!!! If you want to buy HDD for this game and future HDD games, I suggest DON'T. Online support game 'Monster Hunter (Capcom)' was released in Japan, will come in Fall. The game also support 4players netplay, and NO HDD SUPPORT. NO LONG LOADING. Hey, They can make a great quality game without HDD required! I don't think there is enough HDD support game in future. Collapse

1. The graphics and score are outstanding, but ultimately, the gameplay falls flat with heavy-handed mechanics and tedious goals.
  2. Another major gripe is that there’s a lot of loading. Without a HDD, every door you walk through will require a pretty substantial loading time.
    Outbreak would have been a much, much better game had it had online voice communication. There's simply no excuse for omitting this feature in a game hinges on being able to communicate rapidly between party members.